Obviously, Brimah is the problem! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Obviously, Brimah is the problem!

Reaction Score
A picture can be deceiving - but the answer is no. The ball is not even remotely coming off his fingers correctly - his elbow is not positioned correctly - his upper body is not balanced - thankfully there is no lower body in the photo to analyze - is he even shooting an FT here? So much wrong. Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Where the hell is Glen Miller in that picture? Damn him;)

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Rodney Purvis doesn't know how to play with anyone.

It's my theory that having to share the court with Purvis for another year played into Daniel Hamilton's decision to leave early. And really, who could blame him?
I disagree 100%

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
AB pulled down 15 rbs - good for him - and I would say he had a good game
He is 7' and an experienced senior
Memphis has 2 guard/forwards who AVERAGE in double figures for rbs
Should our 7' center not?
Kudos to KF who put in another blue collar performance - need to cut down on the TOs

Mr Wonderful - your reads on RP are comical
Do yourself a favor - pony up and buy a ticket to a game and watch RP passing and defensively - you just might change your opinion, doubtful but maybe

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
What does it have to do with Purvis? You are the one who mentioned DHam would've stayed if Purvis was leaving. To top that off I'm thinking Rodney's decision to stay was after DHams decision to get in the draft.

My point was DHam had a streak just as awful as what Rodney is going through shooting the ball. And I'm guessing Rodney won a couple of those games he was dreadful in, with his shooting. Not a fact but he shot well enough to be a better perimeter player than Daniel. And DHam created a lot (he rebounded a ton, very good) but you can create all you want, he clanked quite a few during that stretch so if it ain't going in, creating means zero.

If you actually came into this year thinking they'd be a better team without Rodney you'd be just whacked. He's not making shots and he's not playing well, awful actually, but facts are they still need him to start making shots and to say anything other is ridiculous.
"What does it have to do with Purvis?" was a rhetorical question, referencing the previous paragraph of the post you quoted.

Your second paragraph tells me you missed the point altogether. The point was, more simplified, that guards ideally work together to manufacture open shots. You can pair Purvis up with anyone, and Purvis will make that player look worse. You know that intangible skill of making your teammates better? Purvis is the opposite of that. His presence on the floor makes everyone worse.

Lastly, if you look at my posts before the season started, I correctly predicted that we were overrated. I'm actually not proud of that...I wish I had been wrong. But I knew our seniors were not very good, especially Purvis.

Just like I'm now predicting next year we'll be much better. Largely because we'll finally be free of a turnover prone, poor shooting, ball stopping guard who never ever does anything to make his teammates better.

Reaction Score
"What does it have to do with Purvis?" was a rhetorical question, referencing the previous paragraph of the post you quoted.

Your second paragraph tells me you missed the point altogether. The point was, more simplified, that guards ideally work together to manufacture open shots. You can pair Purvis up with anyone, and Purvis will make that player look worse. You know that intangible skill of making your teammates better? Purvis is the opposite of that. His presence on the floor makes everyone worse.

Lastly, if you look at my posts before the season started, I correctly predicted that we were overrated. I'm actually not proud of that...I wish I had been wrong. But I knew our seniors were not very good, especially Purvis.

Just like I'm now predicting next year we'll be much better. Largely because we'll finally be free of a turnover prone, poor shooting, ball stopping guard who never ever does anything to make his teammates better.

Rodney was arguably our best senior returning and fairly easily so you were wrong. He has not been good at all so you somehow ended up right so far in regards to his regression. While he had/has obvious shortcomings he helped win a lot more games than Facey and Brimah last year and to have seen anything else, well is blind.

Agree on how bad he is thus far, disagree on you knowing how bad he would be. And as far as 2 guards making each other better therein lies the issue, he's not a good enough ball handler to be considered a 2 but needs to play that more than he should. If Gilbert were playing everyone would be better for his ability on the court, who was to see this train wreck other than you? Congrats on that.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
AB pulled down 15 rbs - good for him - and I would say he had a good game
He is 7' and an experienced senior
Memphis has 2 guard/forwards who AVERAGE in double figures for rbs
Should our 7' center not?
Kudos to KF who put in another blue collar performance - need to cut down on the TOs

Mr Wonderful - your reads on RP are comical
Do yourself a favor - pony up and buy a ticket to a game and watch RP passing and defensively - you just might change your opinion, doubtful but maybe
I'll be at the game Sunday, with my son. He's 8, and I'm trying to turn him into a fan. That's an uphill battle this season, to say the least.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Rodney was arguably our best senior returning and fairly easily so you were wrong. He has not been good at all so you somehow ended up right so far in regards to his regression. While he had/has obvious shortcomings he helped win a lot more games than Facey and Brimah last year and to have seen anything else, well is blind.

Agree on how bad he is thus far, disagree on you knowing how bad he would be. And as far as 2 guards making each other better therein lies the issue, he's not a good enough ball handler to be considered a 2 but needs to play that more than he should. If Gilbert were playing everyone would be better for his ability on the court, who was to see this train wreck other than you? Congrats on that.
Daniel Hamilton was far better last year than most give him credit for. Without him, that team doesn't win ten games. When he announced he was leaving, that's when I knew.

Reaction Score
I'll be at the game Sunday, with my son. He's 8, and I'm trying to turn him into a fan. That's an uphill battle this season, to say the least.
I have to believe many Cubs fans were Cub fans at 8 years old, and consequently suffered for decades. A son usually follows their dad in team support until their brain matures (end of brainwashing) or they are ready to flex.

Until then good luck, enjoy and keep him away from the Yard!

Reaction Score
Hamilton was the only player on the team last year who created open shots for other players. Just like Adams this year. If Hamilton wanted an open look, he had to somehow manufacture it himself. That's going to significantly reduce efficiency. That's also what's happening to Adams this year.

And what does that have to do with Purvis? The next open shot he creates for someone else, in rythm, will be the first of his career. Purvis' ineptitude puts way to much pressure on the other guards.

If I were to fault Ollie for something, it would be for being too loyal to Purvis. I know he was highly rated and transferred in when the program was in crisis, but he's holding back team development now.

I said it weeks ago, regardless of point production, Jackson and Vital need to both be getting more shots, more ball touches, and more minutes than Purvis. Purvis is sunk costs.

I don't blame Rodney for DHam leaving but I agree that Rodney needs to see much more of the bench then he has. I know we need him but lets go with Adams and Vital more and less Rodney if possible.

DHam is way better than Purvis and not sure how anyone can disagree, Purvis was a better shooter last year but thats it. When DHam shot poorly for that long stretch he did other things like rebound and assist that helped this team, Rodney doesn't. Rodney was a good shooter last year but now when we need him he's been awful and don't see it getting better. All I see is him shooting more and more threes each game and missing more and more. Without Boat, Gibbs, DHam, Miller, Gilbert and Larrier he has been exposed. Hes a great guy and works hard but just not a go to guy and never will be.

I'm not a big Brimah fan but he has been solid in the post when he gets the ball most of this year but our guards don't feed the post or know how to. I always yelled why give it to Brimah in the post but this year hes making his awful left shoulder shot. I'd rather Brimah shoot that shot than another three point shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom