O.T. NCAA Women's Golf | The Boneyard

O.T. NCAA Women's Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I just watched the last two hours of the NCAA Women's Team Competition finals with Baylor vs. Stanford. Yeah it's golf and the action is a little slow but that was one dramatic match. (Stanford won 3-2 with the last match going extra holes)

Reaction Score
That was an unbelievable finish to a Championship. It was a great final
match and I really felt sorry for the Baylor girl who lost the match. You
have to give Stackhouse a lot of credit for the great finish when she was
down two with two to go and birdied 17 and 18 to force sudden death.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The format changed in recent years to team match play. USC won in 2013, as well as 2003 and one other year. My niece was a student there in 2003, and her roommate was on the team. When we were in her apartment at 2004 graduation, I told my son to go into the kitchen and look on the counter (the girls had been packing up things). My son came back in disbelief. He said, "Nah, it's not real." It was. "It" was the medal that each team member got for winning the team title. My niece's roomie was pretty good, but has had more success as a model than as a golfer. She was a sweet and very pretty Aussie. Here's her website:

http://www.annarawson.com

Reaction Score
Women's college golf, at least at these championship caliber levels, is dominated by foreign golfers. Is it because the game is more accessible overseas?

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
The 2008 US Jr. Girls' was held at the Hartford Golf Club. The big name was Alexis Thompson...now 'Lexi'.
I saw her play several matches....she won the event quite easily....at 13 years of age. She is now top 10 in the world rankings.
At one point I saw a small African American player teeing off and watched her play a couple of holes....got to chat with her Dad
a bit. Her name was Mariah Stackhouse. Fast forward to the morning paper and I see that she won the key match to help Stanford
win the NCAA championship....fantastic! I hope she has enough game to play on the tour. She must have been around 14 in 2008...I recall she was a 'steady Eddie' type player...not much distance but kept it straight.

I just love to see how she has turned out 7 years later.

Reaction Score
Golf is a cruel, cruel game. The golf gods giveth and the golf gods taketh away. Hayley Davis hit a shot on 16 yesterday that dreams are made of; A shot that legends are made of. After driving her tee shot into a muddy hazard, a hazard so muddy that as she stood in the mud preparing for her epic shot, her feet kept sinking lower and lower into the goop, she hits an 8 iron to within 20 feet and then birdied the hole to remain 2 up with 2 holes to play. It was not as if Davis played the final two holes poorly to send the match into extra holes, Mariah Stackhouse birdied both holes. Then on the first extra hole, Hayley Davis chose to putt from well off the green knocking it to within 5 feet; A shot that broke significantly to the left as it neared the hole. So, of course she is going to start her par putt to the right. And wouldn't you know it, the ball stayed straight; Even after it went past the hole; Absolutely no break. Golf is a cruel game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom