O.T : Baylor vs West Virginia | The Boneyard

O.T : Baylor vs West Virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Baylor up 30-15 right now with 7:30 to go. Baylor looks good, they'll be really tough next year with Brown and Mompremier coming in to join these guards and Davis.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Don't know about Brown and Mompremier but the addition of Alexis Jones should be huge. There could be five power teams next year.

As for this year, I'm not sure Baylor isn't as good as anyone not named UConn.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
WVU started the season strong but seems to be in a downward spiral since the beginning of the year. Injuries? Anyone know?

Reaction Score
With Holmes coming off a great year last year I would have thought they would be playing a lot better this year but I can't seem to put a finger on as into why they're not.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't know about Brown and Mompremier but the addition of Alexis Jones should be huge. There could be five power teams next year.

As for this year, I'm not sure Baylor isn't as good as anyone not named UConn.
I agree with you-could easily see Baylor being a Final 4 Team this year. As far as next year not sure Jones answers the biggest need. They need a wing SG/ SF that can score and stretch the defense. Jones is mostly a PG and you can't play the position any better than Nya Johnson has played this year. Do you start Jones, Johnson, Prince, Davis, Brown? Monpremier ads post depth. It will be interesting! Anyone hear from ETT I wonder what his take would be.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
They need a wing SG/ SF that can score and stretch the defense. Jones is mostly a PG and you can't play the position any better than Nya Johnson has played this year.

Jones didn't really play point at Duke; that was Chelsea Gray's gig. I think Jones is more of a SF type player just in a shorter body. I assume she's play 2-guard at Baylor.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Hard to know. They haven't beaten anyone really good.

You could say that about most of the teams in the country because how many qualify as good? I'm going by the eye test and I think Baylor could beat ND and SC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Jones didn't really play point at Duke; that was Chelsea Gray's gig. I think Jones is more of a SF type player just in a shorter body. I assume she's play 2-guard at Baylor.

She played PG after Gray went down both years....... ACC tourney MVP in her freshman year.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
She played PG after Gray went down both years.. ACC tourney MVP in her freshman year.

I'm not saying she can't play it, just that it's not necessarily her prime position, and she won't have those duties next year.

Reaction Score
If you go by that they have 5 wins over teams that were ranked in the top 20 at the time they played them.

"Were ranked at the time" is the same thing as "was over ranked".

What someone used to be ranked is irrelevant.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
What someone used to be ranked is irrelevant.

Some of the teams in the current top 20 won't be there in a few weeks so then the current rankings could be considered irrelevant too. Again, what are the good teams? Princeton is top 20, do they qualify? Kentucky has wins over Baylor, Louisville, and Mississippi St. while Baylor has no wins over current top 20. Do you think Kentucky is a better team than Baylor?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm not saying she can't play it, just that it's not necessarily her prime position, and she won't have those duties next year.

PG is her best position..... but she's more than capable of playing off the ball as well. She's good as a 2g... but an all-american type as a PG.

Reaction Score
Some of the teams in the current top 20 won't be there in a few weeks so then the current rankings could be considered irrelevant too. Again, what are the good teams? Princeton is top 20, do they qualify? Kentucky has wins over Baylor, Louisville, and Mississippi St. while Baylor has no wins over current top 20. Do you think Kentucky is a better team than Baylor?

Baylor has a 2 pt win over Syracuse, 2 pt win over Texas, and a 17 pt win over Texas. Those are their _best_ wins.
The best team they played (Kentucky) beat them.

As I said, it's tough to know how to evaluate them.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nothing to do with this game, but I wanted to mention somewhere that the Samuelson sisters hit 12 of 20 threes against UCLA on Sunday. Makes me giddy knowing UConn is getting the best of the bunch. Ok, resume Bay/WV talk.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen Baylor at all until this game. They looked terrific today ofc I don't know much about the opposition etc.

And a poster told me on another thread to lookout for Baylor next year - certainly looks that way. As slu says - 5 power teams next year and maybe another or two. Good. Bring it on.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Interesting situation in the B12 for the ten teams. Two have winning conference records and 8 have losing ones. Having a winning conference record is not absolutely essential for a Tourney pick, but if more than half the B12 selections had losing conference records, it would certainly raise some eyebrows. And for most the OOC slate was very very weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom