NYC's Team | The Boneyard

NYC's Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With the commit of Fuchs there are now 3 NYC commits for UConn so far (Stapleton and Fatukasi) and Leray Smith is visiting soon and could make it 4. That isn't even counting Hopkins from Westchester County. Syracuse is losing Agustus Edwards (visiting Miami and chosing between the U and FSU) and only has one JUCO commit from NYC. Rutgers just has the QB from Hicksville. UConn lost out on Ogundeko, but bounced back nicely in New York.

Add in the two NYC commits on the hoops side of things and the UConn athletic presence in NYC is as strong as ever.

Reaction Score
now hopefully it will create more buzz in the city. especially with the new recruits for football.

Reaction Score
This aspect of recruiting can be (and here has been) overlooked. You bring kids up and you want them to feel comfortable. Say what you want about Shady's recruiting practices in NJ - but he made a place where Jersey kids felt at home. We need to do that with NYC, CT and Mass (sprinkle in the obvious VA/DC/MD and FL areas). Great get by the staff.

Reaction Score
Getting a legit QB from The Lone Star State can only help down the road.

Reaction Score
Just read on twitter that Laray Smith is visiting Indiana this weekend, and not UConn. That would be unfortunate.

Mitchell Abramson@nydnmabramson
Xaverian's Laray Smith has scheduled visit to Indiana this Saturday, may take a visit to UConn weekend after, he said.

Reaction Score
We need to make inroads here. New England, New York, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Florida. That is where I think most of the focus needs to be, and where resources should be allocated. I think the Kermit Buggs addition really helps in this area.

Reaction Score
We need to make inroads here. New England, New York, Virginia, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Florida. That is where I think most of the focus needs to be, and where resources should be allocated. I think the Kermit Buggs addition really helps in this area.

Not wanting a argument here but you have listed eleven states which is over 20% of our nation. Obviously not all of them football country. Not sure of how you would leave Texas and Ohio off your list. We play teams in the area and have staff with contacts. I realize locals put fannies in the seats on game day but we are trying to elevate the program. To ignore any player from two of the largest producing states would be dropping the ball...

Reaction Score
Not wanting a argument here but you have listed eleven states which is over 20% of our nation. Obviously not all of them football country. Not sure of how you would leave Texas and Ohio off your list. We play teams in the area and have staff with contacts. I realize locals put fannies in the seats on game day but we are trying to elevate the program. To ignore any player from two of the largest producing states would be dropping the ball...

Not ignore. We only have a certain amount of resources, so it is about prioritizing areas.

Reaction Score

I would have to believe TJW has a handle on Ohio...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom