NYCFC Kits

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Did anyone else see these?

screen-shot-2014-11-13-at-11-32-15-am.png

I think this is a horrible, horrible idea that NYCFC and MLS are pursuing. First of all, it is beyond stupid to try to make NYC residents becomes fans of a team that is only a feeder to Manchester City, let only emblazing that feeder status onto their kit. And second, you are alienating a ton of fans who might otherwise be inclined to root for NYCFC but won't because of their so-clear affiliation with Manchester City (in NYC, there are a ton of Chels, Arsenal, United and Spurs fans).

It's like the league learned nothing from the Chivas mess. I used to think Red Bull was doomed, but now I'm not so sure.

Reaction Score
Both hilarious and a little embarrassing at the same time. MLS has their hands out for Man City's money, and is willing to let one of it's clubs basically be Man City junior, and then has the gall to try to tell everyone that they are a "top league". It's just a big joke.

I am starting to hope that NYC FC dies a horrible death like Chivas, or even get rebranded like the Rutgers Red Bulls did. Soccer in a baseball stadium sucks. But at least I have another team to dislike.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Yeah it's ridiculous that they are basically allowing Man City to have a junior team that will play in a more competitive setting then most BPL practice squad teams play in. I can't wait for this scenario to happen....NYCFC will be in the hunt for one of the last few playoff spots and Man City decides they could use players X and Y and pulls off some kind of "transfer" and the players just move on leaving NYCFC with gaping holes and FC fans empty.

It's insane and horrible for MLS. So now they will have Man City "lite" playing in a baseball stadium in 2015 and then Atlanta playing in a football stadium joining in 2016 followed by a possible Miami team and a reborn Chivas in LA? Sounds like the league is setting itself up for a major wakeup call that they needed to stop while they had a good thing before the current expansion.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
And so my 2 month stint as a NYCFC fan ends. Come on you Spurs!

Now looking for a new MLS team, Revs are a non-starter cause screw Kraft.

Portland is intriguing. Any suggestions?
I'm a big fan of Portland but being in CT it's hard to always catch their games because many start around 10:00 pm due to pacific coast location and all. Seeing a game in Portland is definitely on my bucket list.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of my nephews youth soccer leagues where the teams where different national teams jerseys. Similar to Wing, was planning in being. NYCFC fan until I saw this. Looks like I'm sticking with the Crew.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Reminds me of my nephews youth soccer leagues where the teams where different national teams jerseys. Similar to Wing, was planning in being. NYCFC fan until I saw this. Looks like I'm sticking with the Crew.

Similar to Wing and SAMCRO I am leaning Portland (have some friends there with season tickets). But NYCFC is out for me, COYS.

Reaction Score
Yeah it's ridiculous that they are basically allowing Man City to have a junior team that will play in a more competitive setting then most BPL practice squad teams play in. I can't wait for this scenario to happen....NYCFC will be in the hunt for one of the last few playoff spots and Man City decides they could use players X and Y and pulls off some kind of "transfer" and the players just move on leaving NYCFC with gaping holes and FC fans empty.

It's insane and horrible for MLS. So now they will have Man City "lite" playing in a baseball stadium in 2015 and then Atlanta playing in a football stadium joining in 2016 followed by a possible Miami team and a reborn Chivas in LA? Sounds like the league is setting itself up for a major wakeup call that they needed to stop while they had a good thing before the current expansion.

Agree on all points. MLS needs to learn from past mistakes, both theirs an others. Forget about a second LA team and a team in Miami while Atlanta is not much better than Miami as they will be competing for fans with the Falcons and the true pro team in Atlanta - Georgia Bulldog football (G Tech to a lesser extent). Put teams in markets where they already have a following - Minneapolis, San Antonio, and St, Louis (especially if St. Louis looses the Rams). NYC FC needs to be it's own team, not the New Haven Nighthawks, and desperately needs its own stadium, preferably out n Queens to draw Long Island fans and to keep it separate from the Red Bulls. As for the Red Bulls, my primary concern there is an ownership group that appears to be on the way out along with their marquee name, Henry.

Reaction Score
And so my 2 month stint as a NYCFC fan ends. Come on you Spurs!

Now looking for a new MLS team, Revs are a non-starter cause screw Kraft.

Portland is intriguing. Any suggestions?

Hmmm. If you like teams that grow and develop talent and don't chase magic beans, then I would look at Columbus, SKC, Portland and Houston.

Best thing to do is watch for a while and see what is what.

Reaction Score
I sometimes wonder how Connecticut would support an MLS team. Not that it'll happen. But in a hypothetical world, would it be adopted as the state's pro team and draw well, or would nobody give a crap? On the plus side, it is a big youth soccer state and the months between March-September are glaringly empty without UConn sports. But in the land of steady habits, pro soccer would be a big change and a tough new habit to get people to adopt.

I imagine it's been looked at and dismissed quickly. The Rent is probably too big, and nobody would want to build a smaller soccer facility.

Reaction Score
I sometimes wonder how Connecticut would support an MLS team. Not that it'll happen. But in a hypothetical world, would it be adopted as the state's pro team and draw well, or would nobody give a crap? On the plus side, it is a big youth soccer state and the months between March-September are glaringly empty without UConn sports. But in the land of steady habits, pro soccer would be a big change and a tough new habit to get people to adopt.

I imagine it's been looked at and dismissed quickly. The Rent is probably too big, and nobody would want to build a smaller soccer facility.

It costs 100k just open the Rent. Unless that changes, it would never happen.

I heard that the owner of the Atlanta Silverbacks (NASL) is looking to move ahead of Atlanta MLS, so keep an eye on that. If it were me, I would call them the Hartford Whalers. NASL is not too shabby, they are legitimately the third best league in CONCACAF and probably deserve a big in the CONCACAF Champions League.

Reaction Score
It costs 100k just open the Rent. Unless that changes, it would never happen.

I heard that the owner of the Atlanta Silverbacks (NASL) is looking to move ahead of Atlanta MLS, so keep an eye on that. If it were me, I would call them the Hartford Whalers. NASL is not too shabby, they are legitimately the third best league in CONCACAF and probably deserve a big in the CONCACAF Champions League.

Rigt about the time when the Rock Cats move to Hartford arose, this also got some press. Home field would be a renovated Dillon Stadium off of I-91 near Colt Park. I did not know that Dillon Stadium has some history with soccer (and the Stones?).

http://foxct.com/2014/06/04/hartford-recruiting-nasl-soccer-franchise/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dillon_Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member