NUC 2014 Rankings East: Connecticut Top 13 | The Boneyard

NUC 2014 Rankings East: Connecticut Top 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Connecticut Top 13 released today.

a good start for CT that the sites are picking up on how insane loaded the northeast is. having 13 early for ct is a treat in itself. ok ranking wise but imho way off from a actual list. at this point i already see 20 ct kids public and prep combined that will either go bcs or get heavy interest before going under bcs.

one of the more interesting names in grimmet(sp?). he is the rb for barmore correct? boh of those guys have been on sites for a while but its a question of wether they are top notch or just good d1 prospects. his tapes make it hard to judge becuase u see him have a lot of big plays where a product of the good O his team runs plus the low level of competition he plays makes it hard to see how good he really is. there seems to be a question of if he has football speed or not kind of like the xavier rb this past class. right now for rbs in new england i have him #7 in my head behind the 6 i talk about alot. i didn't see cooper or phillips on that list btw...

kids are literally coming out of the wwodwork everywhere right now. it seems like i learn about another kid every couple days right now. the amount of dl/ol this year is crazy also. this may be the best year in the fciac we will see for quite some time. the prep schools died off the past 5-10 years talent wise around here. only a couple bcs kids per year at best it seemed for much of uconns first 10 years bcs. all of a sudden it seems like every prep school has a kid or 2.

mass will have another solid year and ct will have one of its best ever imho. not sure there is anything in the other 4 ne states to talk about, maybe early discovery at this point for that...

i can't ignore nyc and ny either. there is some extremely high end talent in nyc and lower ny this year. looking at 10ish bcs kids. couple jucos and im sure milford will have its share next fall also as usual. but the hs in lower ny are ripe with propects. when schools like fsu and nd are spraying offers this quick to multiple kids u know things are hott. also even up upstate ny thing year were going to see a handful of bcs kids. i dont think uconn will be a player for those kids, but they will be hot trail prospects it seems.

Reaction Score
Watching Newsome and Outlaw I gotta go with Newsome. Just an unreal playmaker.

The top 13 list has his frosh highlights. Just amazing.

Reaction Score
All skill players. 1 OT, 1 DT, no LBs. Makes me skeptical.

The DE/OLB from Greenwich will definitely go D-1 and my guess is that at least two of the LB's from New Canaan will also go D-1. May be more elsewhere as well.

Reaction Score
Watching Newsome and Outlaw I gotta go with Newsome. Just an unreal playmaker.

The top 13 list has his frosh highlights. Just amazing.
I would try to get them both, but I agree with you if I had to choose one. Obviously, I have seen Newsome a lot and my opinion may have a slight bias. However, I'm pretty honest in my opinion of talent. They are both certainly talented. I can understand why they have Outlow rated #1. The size, the speed, the big-time offers, he's been a top performer on the camp/combine circuit. He's a different player then Newsome. Outlow shows flashes of power and can outrun defenders to the edge. Newsome is dynamic. He can run between the tackles, has enough speed to outrun defenders to the edge, can line up in the slot, and has the ability to get in an out of cuts very quickly. He has the "shake" that Outlow doesn't have.

You're right, those are Newsome's frosh highlights. I posted a link to his sophomore highlights. There aren't any junior highlights on him....yet.

Reaction Score
You're right, those are Newsome's frosh highlights. I posted a link to his sophomore highlights. There aren't any junior highlights on him....yet.

Plenty of team highlights out there.

Reaction Score
Newsome is 3 stars on scout, and I am unable to look up Outlow on Scout. He shows up on Rivals as unrated so far as well as Newsome. Outlow definately has more big time interest though.

Reaction Score
Newsome is 3 stars on Scout and 247Sports. He's unranked on Rivals and ESPN. He is a MaxPreps Junior All-American.

Outlow is not in the Scout database. He's unranked on Rival, 247, and ESPN. According to Rivals he held only 3 offers: BC, OSU, UConn

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
outlow had offers from florida, tosu, uconn, clemson, iowa, oregon, bama, mich, usce, ttech, ok and okst among others. the sites will catch up to updating his profile at some point. him staying local will hurt the media he gets vs going to a big boy program. the stars and stuff will happen in time. kid had offers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom