Notre Dame's Success: Who Gets the Credit? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame's Success: Who Gets the Credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
FairView said:
Sounds to me like the key to not worrying about Notre Dame anymore is to get Niele Ivey a head coaching job.
no-no-no.jpg

At least not for a few more years :p Unless its a gig in the ACC

I love it! :p:p:D:D Truth be told, I miss Notre Dame no longer being in the Big East for that very reason.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
It truly is a shame that ND and UCONN do not play anymore. However, after watching ND play MD, ND will likely be involved in more hard battles now that they are in the ACC.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
whats sooooo special about Niele Ivey? :oops:

She's great on Twitter. She tweets a lot. She tweets that ND is great, the ND players are great, the fans are great, Skylar is great and beautiful, Muffet is great and the best coach ever (tweets this once a month; must be in her contract), the ND assistants are great, the alumni are great. She is very positive.

Reaction Score
In response to the OP, all of the above. With McBride, Achonwa, Loyd, and Reimer, they are phenomenally talented.

But I will quiblle with one thing, many on here, myself included, expected Notre Dame to be a top 2-3 team given the above talent. It seems like everyone who didn't follow the Big East closely last year expected them to have a down year this year, but I'm really not sure why they thought that.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
In response to the OP, all of the above. With McBride, Achonwa, Loyd, and Reimer, they are phenomenally talented.

But I will quiblle with one thing, many on here, myself included, expected Notre Dame to be a top 2-3 team given the above talent. It seems like everyone who didn't follow the Big East closely last year expected them to have a down year this year, but I'm really not sure why they thought that.
I'll give you the first three. All American players. But with Reimer that is yet to be determined.

She is averaging 8 ppg and 5 rpg. Not bad for a freshman, but a closer look shows you how much her game has slipped after feasting on the weaker teams on their early schedule.

In conference games, she is averaging 5 ppg and 3 rpg.

She might turn out to be great, but phenomenally talented? Way over the top.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
UConnCat said:
She's great on Twitter. She tweets a lot. She tweets that ND is great, the ND players are great, the fans are great, Skylar is great and beautiful, Muffet is great and the best coach ever (tweets this once a month; must be in her contract), the ND assistants are great, the alumni are great. She is very positive.
She must have trained under Brenda Frese.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'll give you the first three. All American players. But with Reimer that is yet to be determined.

She is averaging 8 ppg and 5 rpg. Not bad for a freshman, but a closer look shows you how much her game has slipped after feasting on the weaker teams on their early schedule.

True. Reimer did very well early on as a starter (for recovering Achonwa) and against weaker competition. As expected for a freshman, she has struggled as her role has changed and the competition has improved. She has also talked about hitting the freshmen wall, though talking about it in Dec is not a good sign.

Reaction Score

I think that you might be confused. "They" referenced Notre Dame as a whole who, as a team, are phenomenally talented. Otherwise, I would have simply said "McBride, Achonwa, Loyd, and Reimer are phenomenally talented."

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I think that you might be confused. "They" referenced Notre Dame as a whole who, as a team, are phenomenally talented. Otherwise, I would have simply said "McBride, Achonwa, Loyd, and Reimer are phenomenally talented."

If you are talking about them as a team, I disagree just as much. They have three phenomenally talented players. I'll take that back, they have two. Achonwa is talented, but not phenomenally so.

They are a very good team. Phenomenally so? Nah....

Did you have to use that word? To manny letters.

Reaction Score
There are 346 division 1 women's basketball teams. Notre Dame is either the 2nd or 3rd most talented. I would consider that to be phenomenally talented.

I say "I would consider," because obviously the distinction between "very good" and "phenomenal" is subjective. I really can't figure out why you'd think that nitpicking about a small subjective difference is enjoyable.

Last edited:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
There are 346 division 1 women's basketball teams. Notre Dame is either the 2nd or 3rd most talented. I would consider that to be phenomenally talented.

I say "I would consider," because obviously the distinction between "very good" and "phenomenal" is subjective. I really can't figure out why you'd think that nitpicking about a small subjective difference is enjoyable.

You're not having fun?

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
McGraw is a great coach, they have good, not great talent . Braker, and Allen are solid role players. She developed McBride, and Archonwa. Lloyd is a star. Notre Dame is not in the top 5 talent wise.
John- if Muffit isn't a great coach and they don't have great talent- how did they kick our teeth in the last 3-4 yrs? When I watch them run offense - it is a mirror image of ours. Their interior passing is exceptional. Nobody else runs offense consistently like us - other than N Dame. I'm perplexed by your dismissal. She is doing something right?

Geno-ista

Reaction Score

I think Taya Reimer will become a huge force - from the little bit I've seen DD

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
I was ripped for picking N Dame as my 2nd best team in the fall, prior to the season, because of their freshman point guard and losing Skylar. They had a load of veteran talent returning with loads of young talent- losing one player 0nly. They will beat Duke.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

She is the "Tony the Tiger" of Notre Dame.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I was ripped for picking N Dame as my 2nd best team in the fall, prior to the season, because of their freshman point guard and losing Skylar. They had a load of veteran talent returning with loads of young talent- losing one player 0nly. They will beat Duke.

Ripped? You mean folks disagreed?

Against Maryland, Tennessee, Virginia, Penn State that freshman point guard had 9 points, 8 assists, 8 TO's total. Only the talents of the big 3 have kept them undefeated.

When the player you lose is a two time BE player of the year and 1st team AA, it's not only one player, it was your best leader.

They have the same weakness as Uconn, even more so. Foul trouble or injury.

Duke has a great shot at beating them.

Reaction Score

What makes you say that?

Reaction Score
My first thought is they have not lost a game because they have not played us yet...

Geno-ista

Reaction Score
Ripped? You mean folks disagreed?

Against Maryland, Tennessee, Virginia, Penn State that freshman point guard had 9 points, 8 assists, 8 TO's total. Only the talents of the big 3 have kept them undefeated.

When the player you lose is a two time BE player of the year and 1st team AA, it's not only one player, it was your best leader.

They have the same weakness as Uconn, even more so. Foul trouble or injury.

Duke has a great shot at beating them.
Point taken DD- not ripped- just a disagreement- I do stand corrected on that . Poor choice of words!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom