Notre Dame Game Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

A small update on Young. No real update on what sort of injury, but it's a start for those of us that are wondering about her status.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Don't think it was an elbow per se but will have to go to the replay. Thought she got her with the forearm. Still a foul I would think but not a flagrant, if indeed the flagrant rule uses the term "elbow"
Does not have to be the point of the elbow per se for a flagrant 1 - any part of the arm from mid for arm to mid upper arm with the elbow bent is consider part of that elbow

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

A small update on Young. No real update on what sort of injury, but it's a start for those of us that are wondering about her status.

Damn. It sounds really serious. It could be a lingering problem up to and including Dallas. The way that ankle rolled I wouldn't be surprised to learn if there were some nasty tears. I'm wishing the best for this talented and terrific young woman.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why are there no ND players running to her side? She's down and in serious pain and no one comes to help? It was a dead ball situation, right? Gotta see a replay.
The refs call time and players are taught to go to bench at that point to get instructions. The staff takes care of the injured player. Think about it this way if the injury were more serious you don't want players go to a teamamte and seeing that. When KML got hurt against Stanford a few years ago it was the same thing players tend to stay away.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Damn. It sounds really serious. It could be a lingering problem up to and including Dallas. The way that ankle rolled I wouldn't be surprised to learn it there were some nasty tears. I'm wishing the best for this talented and terrific young woman.
Better her ankle than her knee. Still sucks, she played a good game. Best of luck to her.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Better her ankle than her knee. Still sucks, she played a good game. Best of luck to her.

In general, certainly true. But ankles can be nasty too. Ariel Atkins' turned ankle two years ago messed up most of her freshman season and part of her sophomore season.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Does not have to be the point of the elbow per se for a flagrant 1 - any part of the arm from mid for arm to mid upper arm with the elbow bent is consider part of that elbow

In checking the rules , I don't see it as a flagrant 1 (or 2 certainly)

Nothing in either the Definitions or Fouls sections would clearly compel a flagrant call there. The ref could deem it "excessive" under example 1 of the definitions but that appears to be up to the ref's judgment. The rest of the examples rest on various types of intent, which did not seem to be present. In the Fouls section, it appears that the swinging of the elbows is generally the trigger in various circumstances. She wasn't swinging them or using her shoulders as a pivot , IIRC.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Now that we have passed the top of the hour in the east and the polls are closed, I would like to take this opportunity to call out
a few misguided post from our recent past.

All good things must come to a end. There will be no title for U Conn this year. Baylor, South Carolina or Notre Dame will walk away with the hardware this time around.

No they wont. Enjoy the streak. Its about to come to a end. Just like UCLA and John Wooden when they came to town. Only 2 teams have beat N.D. at home in the last 4 years . Baylor with Griner and a U Conn team much better then this one.

Reaction Score
Yep they are playing 3 on 5
IMG_0567.PNG

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I was thinking. Even with 2:45 and a 10 point lead I was thinking a turnover, hit a couple FTs, come down and have Ogunbowale or Allen knock in a three and the game goes either way. To be honest as much as I like Crystal Dangerfield's upside, in a game like this, there is something to be said for a steadfast senior like Chong being in the game.
Sonya is a senior who understands her role and is willing to let the more athletic players do their thing. However, I am supremely confident that when a game is on the line and she is on the court, she will do what it takes to get the win. Don't let the slow starts and pauses fool you. UConn's streak could easily have ended with Maryland last year and FSU this year, if Sonya did not play clutch basketball.

Reaction Score
+1 Of the "big 3" Lou looked the tiredest and probably had to work hardest to get open. But she hung in there. She will need to. (Of course, Pheesa didn't play the whole game.) That one drive to the left was fantastic.
Yes. KLS played smart, and took what ND gave her. They focused on her NOT getting looks from 3, and she made them pay in other ways. Very smart. All-America smart.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Sonya is a senior who understands her role and is willing to let the more athletic players do their thing. However, I am supremely confident that when a game is on the line and she is on the court, she will do what it takes to get the win. Don't let the slow starts and pauses fool you. UConn's streak could easily have ended with Maryland last year and FSU this year, if Sonya did not play clutch basketball.
Her name is Saniya.

Reaction Score
What's this all about??

Oh, Sunday must be one of the games that Morgan will be sitting in for Debbie Fiske.

Reaction Score
Morgan will be filling in for Debbie Fiske for a few games.:);)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

So true. Was thinking of starting a separate thread: The Genius that is Geno. Only real basketball junkies need apply.

Chapter 1: Did you happen to notice?
Geno has a young PG in Dangerfield and a combo guard in Nurse. In order to buy some time for his young PG to grow up he deploys his best post player ( a former guard) to the high post and runs the offense exclusively through her resulting in assists totals of 10, 6 , 6 in three consecutive games against ranked teams.

PS MM I'm going to need you to do better, you should have seen this coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom