Notre Dame Game Thread | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Was wrong with my pregame prediction. Was wrong two or three times in the game when I thought ND was prepared to go on a huge run to get a double digit lead. Team toughed it out for an Amazing Win in a hostile environment. Geno's tough schedule has paid dividends, but have to think that he and the coaches are surprised that this team is undefeated.

Reaction Score
wow-- I got that wrong. Great job -- great game. Great job great game. This team has sooooo many answers.

How do you defend this team? Wow--- Gabbbeeeeeeeee be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Don't sell them short. If we had 1 or 2 more key fouls this is a totally different game. Also if they light it up from 3 it is a totally different game. Don't count them out. Wouldn't be surprised if we have to play them again this year.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Even with 2:45 and a 10 point lead I was thinking a turnover, hit a couple FTs, come down and have Ogunbowale or Allen knock in a three and the game goes either way. To be honest as much as I like Crystal Dangerfield's upside, in a game like this, there is something to be said for a steadfast senior like Chong being in the game.

Reaction Score
upload_2016-12-7_21-3-53.png

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Don't sell them short. If we had 1 or 2 more key fouls this is a totally different game. Also if they light it up from 3 it is a totally different game. Don't count them out. Wouldn't be surprised if we have to play them again this year.

Yep... Notre Dame's guards never really got going tonight.. credit UConn's defense, but still. It's not a guarantee that UConn stops Notre Dame's guards next time.. neither is it that ND slows down Collier and Gabby.

Reaction Score

Maybe not sell ND short but give UConn more credit. At ND and UConn didn't hit the three either so the margin of victory could have been larger.

Reaction Score
That's exactly what I was thinking. Even with 2:45 and a 10 point lead I was thinking a turnover, hit a couple FTs, come down and have Ogunbowale or Allen knock in a three and the game goes either way. To be honest as much as I like Crystal Dangerfield's upside, in a game like this, there is something to be said for a steadfast senior like Chong being in the game.
Did we ever refer to Caroline as CD2?

Reaction Score
Last year Mabrey went off on us big time and we had to put Mo on her....this year not so much

Reaction Score
I thought Saniya held her own tonight.. her an Kia did the things not seen on paper. I also thought Kia wasn't getting good open looks ..,

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It was inadvertent.
It does not matter what the intention of the player is - an elbow to the neck/face is supposed to be a flagrant one foul - period*. ND got away with two, one on Gabby and one on Saniya and no idea why the refs didn't at least look at the monitor. The players are supposed to be responsible for their elbows not making contact with opponents above the shoulder.

*Unless they have changed the rules again

Reaction Score
Did we ever refer to Caroline as CD2?
Not that I recall. Maybe just Caroline or Doty... Personally I generally go with the least number of characters or an acceptable nickname that is shorter than their full or last name.

Reaction Score
Turner is a very good, but not great ball player. I know her team didn't always put her in the best position offensively, but, frankly, she needed to dominate and she didn't. 12 She's an excellent college player, but she's a junior now and she ought to be more visible and have a better game away from the basket. 16 points and 12 boards is certainly strong, but she could be "managed" and scored on by smaller players. Hard to imagine her being a dominant pro.

Reaction Score
It does not matter what the intention of the player is - an elbow to the neck/face is supposed to be a flagrant one foul - period*. ND got away with two, one on Gabby and one on Saniya and no idea why the refs didn't at least look at the monitor. The players are supposed to be responsible for their elbows not making contact with opponents above the shoulder.

*Unless they have changed the rules again
The one on Gabby I thought was borderline. I'm not sure I've ever seen the one called on Saniya - I thought she got whacked with an arm coming down across her face and not so much an elbow.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Yep... Notre Dame's guards never really got going tonight.. credit UConn's defense, but still. It's not a guarantee that UConn stops Notre Dame's guards next time.. neither is it that ND slows down Collier and Gabby.
KLS also grew up a lot tonight. She found many way to score when the game was close and clearly the defense was geared up to stop her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom