Nothing on Deshon Fox? | The Boneyard

Nothing on Deshon Fox?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder how tinted some of our posters glasses are on this board? Look, I love all of our players as much as most of you. Especially the ones that play their entire careers at UConn through some very tough seasons, but expecting a guy like Foxx to be an NFL type player (even a tryout) is a bit much. He showed a couple of flashes on a bad team, that is it, nothing more.

Reaction Score
Of course auto correct removed the 2nd x .....

Reaction Score
There is still time to get a tryout. I thought for sure he would get an invite based on return ability. He had issues with drops, which could explain no offers to date.

Reaction Score
Sometimes I wonder how tinted some of our posters glasses are on this board? Look, I love all of our players as much as most of you. Especially the ones that play their entire careers at UConn through some very tough seasons, but expecting a guy like Foxx to be an NFL type player (even a tryout) is a bit much. He showed a couple of flashes on a bad team, that is it, nothing more.

You were saying.......

Reaction Score
I'm sure he would be valuable in the CFL if the NFL does not work out.

Reaction Score

There was no doubt in my mind that Foxx has shown enough talent, intelligence, and heart to at least get a tryout.

Reaction Score
I figured he showed enough to at least get a tryout ...

Appears you figured correctly:

Aaron WilsonVerified account‏@RavensInsider 1h1 hour ago
Connecticut wide receiver DeShon Foxx invited to Seahawks minicamp on a tryout basis, according to his agent, Sean Stellato

>>The three-day session will kick off on Friday, May 8, continue on Saturday, May 9, and conclude on Mother's Day - Sunday, May 10.

On-field work will run from 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. PT on Friday and Saturday and from 10:30 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. on Sunday<<

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If you sign off a tryout do you get the same 3 year deal UDFAs get?

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Gosh, I hope Deshon can make it 2 years on a roster (even as a special teams player). That os about $900k in your first two years out of college. A pretty damned good head start.

We all think of the NFL as some gravy train to retirement, but for the vast majority who even make a roster, it is just a great financial starting point, and not something to retire on. Hope Deshon can turn his football money into something great.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Great news for Deshon! Keep rollin', Huskies... :cool:

Reaction Score
Jax Husky said:
Gosh, I hope Deshon can make it 2 years on a roster (even as a special teams player). That os about $900k in your first two years out of college. A pretty damned good head start.

We all think of the NFL as some gravy train to retirement, but for the vast majority who even make a roster, it is just a great financial starting point, and not something to retire on. Hope Deshon can turn his football money into something great.

Practice squad money is nothing to sneeze at either for less than half a years work.

Reaction Score
I don't mean to be a dick. But can we spell the players names right? Especially when they are in a thread title? I find it disrespectful.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I don't mean to be a dick. But can we spell the players names right? Especially when they are in a thread title? I find it disrespectful.

Please post this on the MBB board -- they need it more over there.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Oh, please. More posts than not have mispellings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom