Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
some heisman winners take pics with girls that have huge racks
images

jow williams boinks those racks.

twice.

Reaction Score
We don't have to be great in the passing game to have a very substantial effect on our overall offense. It just has to hold it's own and not turn it over and make regular plays on downs we need to like every other D1 team. Having an even more solid running attack will allow it to develop.

And that is the stumbling block we as fans can't seem to get past. UConn needs to have an above average passing game that will occupy 50% of the opposing defensive coordinator's time. The running game will work off an effective passing game that a lot easier than the other way around. Force the defense to be responsible for a "box" that measures, sideline-to-sideline wide and 10-t0-forty yards deep. There is a huge need to look at the passing game the way other teams look at a "gadget play" (something to be attempted once in a great while to keep the other team honest or catch them by surprise).

Reaction Score
And that is the stumbling block we as fans can't seem to get past.

:rolleyes:so our offense is being held back by our fans now? i'm pretty sure most of us would take the Green Bay/New England passing game if given the option

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:so our offense is being held back by our fans now? i'm pretty sure most of us would take the Green Bay/New England passing game if given the option

Yes we would. Something to strive for. A 2012 approach to offensive football.

Reaction Score
Other than IMO, I usually have to look up the acronyms found on this board to find out what the heck the commenter is talking about. I guess you have to be a texter (if there is such a word) to understand their shorthand. So just in case someone else didn't have an idea, there were two used in this thread that I had to look up.
MOTO = master of the obvious
NESCAC = New England Small College Athletic Conference. Once I knew what this meant, the post it was put in finally made some sense. I even saw the humor in it. :D
YCDBSOYA!

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Scott McCummings, as a full time starter, is intriguing to me... I don't think he's there yet... but would I be shocked if he won the job outright sometime in the next couple of years? Nope. It seems like he's got a bit more on the ball than just being the wildcat QB.

IF Whitmer is the real deal and then I think McEntee is the backup and both Cochran and Nebrich redshirt. If Whitmer isn't all bets are off.

Who cares who starts at RB? It sounds like we have two all-conference type running backs. I have to admit that Joe Williams sounds particularly exciting... but you have to respect what Lyle did last year. If Willaims is that electric he will see the field. I also really like what I'm hearing about DeLorenzo at RB... someone who can move the pile. I feel really sorry for Shoemate, but it sounds like we're pretty solid at RB with or without him.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I won't rule anything out with McCummings, but man that kid needs to hold onto the ball. I don't see McCummings as being a whole heck of a lot different than DJ Hernandez at this point in his career. Granted, he's got 3 years left for improvement, but he's not dynamic enough as a runner and has a long way to go as a passer.

Reaction Score
Was at UCONN track meet last week standing with a couple of players just bull shi***g. they all thought that Johnny Mac was playing the best so far this spring among the QBs. Partly because he was more familiar with everything going on with Whitmer a close second. Everyone else was lagging behind. Take it for what its worth.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I would be fine eating these words but I have no problem writing off McCummings at QB. When the stories from camp have him behind McEntee his day is never going to come behind center.

Hopefully he goes the Henry route. He certainly seems like a player who can contribute, and if he could contribute in the slot that would make his wildcat opportunities more valuable.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And seriously Williams is an all conference talent based on the home town media reports? How about we see him on the field before we grade him ahead of all the players we haven't seem from the other 19 teams in the conference going forward.

Reaction Score
[quote="huskysupporter, post: 227506, member: 913"
chuck-norris-macho.jpg
= JOE WILLIAMS[/quote]

Good one! I bet if Joe Williams become a star here, you'll be his #1 fan!
Barry%20Sanders%20(HOF).jpg
= Lyle McCombs

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
And that is the stumbling block we as fans can't seem to get past.

Actually it is a stumbling block that the team hasn't yet been able to get past. It also something that you cannot go for very long without harping about.

Reaction Score
[quote="huskysupporter, post: 227506, member: 913"JOE WILLIAMS

Good one! I bet if Joe Williams become a star here, you'll be his #1 fan!
Barry%20Sanders%20(HOF).jpg
= Lyle McCombs[/quote]

I would love it if Joe Williams became a star. I would love it if all our recruits became stars.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Joe Williams seems to be getting the Billy Cundiff treatment. Man, he looked great in practice too...

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Joe Williams seems to be getting the Billy Cundiff treatment. Man, he looked great in practice too...
To be fair to Cundiff, he never got a shot on the field since he transferred due to being homesick. He also threw for twice as many yards as we did in 2008, topped us 37 to 5 in TD passes and was a DII all-american.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom