Not to open that can of worms again..... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Not to open that can of worms again.....

Reaction Score
EDD does hang! Every shot that I have seen her take during the last season and NT, she has significant hang time. Even on contested layups!

Reaction Score
She's only a Three out of Ten...........really? I know that KLS needs to improve on her rebounding and defense and work a bit more on her mid range and inside game but what the heck kind of player would she be if she reached her true potential? While I think she's already a better three point shooter then Stewart, I never viewed KLS as having the same kind of upside............apparently Geno feels otherwise

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
The bit about "proving him wrong" makes me grin. Actually, the emerging greatness of Katie Lou (among others) is showing that Geno was right and is right. He offered Lou a scholarship, he strongly believes in her and knows she has even more upside. There is nothing wrong in any of that. The only way Geno is "wrong" about her is if KLS leaves UConn without being the best player she can become.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
She's only a Three out of Ten......really? I know that KLS needs to improve on her rebounding and defense and work a bit more on her mid range and inside game but what the heck kind of player would she be if she reached her true potential? While I think she's already a better three point shooter then Stewart, I never viewed KLS as having the same kind of upside..apparently Geno feels otherwise

After todays game, I think she just made 4 out of 10. :D:D:D. After our NC and Lou getting the 1st of 3 Final 4 MVP's, she will be 5 out of 10. Summer of practice 6 out of 10, First NPOY 7 out of 10, 2nd Final 4 MVP 8 out of 10, Second NPOY Senior Year 9/10
3rd Final 4 MVP 10/10. . Seems reasonable.

Reaction Score
Some folks on here aren't going to like this comment, but ...
I think it is because he has a vision of the player that Lou might be able to become, and that player is somewhere out there in the stratosphere - a Maya/DT/EDD/Stewart kind of player both in college and in the pros. He doesn't see a limit to her potential and so he is pushing hard to see how far she can go in the four years he gets to work with her.

And (the part people aren't going to like): that isn't true for Gabby and Napheesa - they are great players and they can become better by becoming more consistent, and expanding their games incrementally, but there is a limit to just how high they can rise and they are well on their way.

(NB I think that distinction was true as well between Tuck and Stewart - if Stewart had another year of eligibility, I think her would have pushed her harder to stay for her last year whereas I think if anything he was in favor of Tuck going pro before her eligibility was up, because he didn't see much more he could give her.)

By the way - on the Lou/EDD comparison - Lou has the advantage of being surrounded by a much better team. The development that EDD was able to do in college was seriously limited by her teammates and the amount of attention she received from the opponents. She grew up in college, but it really required her getting to the pros (and the NT team) for her game to mature, playing with other really good players.

You make your choices and then you live with them. But--her choice, good or bad, good competition or bad
did not greatly effect her WNBA status or other pro offers. Had she come to Uconn her status MAY not have been as high--with the Blue Hens --she WAS the team -Edd is of whom I speak. I agree she matured playing with the National Team wasn't that true for 4 or 5 others??

I believe many here see each player on this UC team as individuals--each with her own assets and limitation--and some overcoming those limitation. It may be fair to compare KLS, Gabby Napeesa as Sophs and a Jr--but each arrived with a list of abilities all their own. All 5,as we saw today, have the ability to change a game.
Whether KLS out does EDD in the Pros--remains to be seen, but the potential says she shall.

Last edited by a moderator:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You make your choices and then you live with them. But--her choice, good or bad, good competition or bad did not greatly effect her WNBA status or other pro offers. Had she come to Uconn her status MAY not have been as high--with the Blue Hens --she WAS the team -Edd is of whom I speak. I agree she matured playing with the National Team wasn't that true for 4 or 5 others??
Whether KLS out does EDD in the Pros--remains to be seen, but the potential says she shall.
I was absolutely not commenting on EDDs choice, just that because of that choice she was playin on an island at Delaware and it limited the amount of development she was able to accomplish. Because of that, I think Lou has a chance to develop quicker at a younger age. I think EDD started college at a higher level, and I am not sure Lou has greater upside than EDD, but is likely to catch up to the college version EDD and perhaps surpass her at that college level. What happens in the pros ... who knows but EDD is doing 'pretty well!'

Reaction Score
I was absolutely not commenting on EDDs choice, just that because of that choice she was playin on an island at Delaware and it limited the amount of development she was able to accomplish. Because of that, I think Lou has a chance to develop quicker at a younger age. I think EDD started college at a higher level, and I am not sure Lou has greater upside than EDD, but is likely to catch up to the college version EDD and perhaps surpass her at that college level. What happens in the pros ... who knows but EDD is doing 'pretty well!'
From a very young age EDD had a personal basketball trainer and she had personal BB trainers through HS--it has been reported. So her development upon leaving HS should have been further along than KLS--I would Ass u me. I WAS commenting on EDD's choice of Blue Hens--because it would appear that a player going to UConn would have greater success in getting rated for the WNBA--and it didn't appear to hurt EDD.
You were/are correct that she developed in the WNBA and NT--those that don't die on the vine. But EDD excelled and exceeded the expectations of some.
At the rate KLS is developing and because of the position and responsibilities she Must assume for Uconn to be as successful as it is --she shall develop a bit faster than EDD--again--an assumption~-, intelligent, tough minded kids will grow proportional to the responsibilities placed upon them--something I believe Geno would agree to.
The upside of KLS---from potential aspect--says she shall equal EDD, exceeding EDD is a huge step from where EDD current sits --time shall tell.

Reaction Score
...Actually interesting Tuck was not included. Probably never did anything wrong...

Yes. At times I've wondered if Tuck was maybe Precious 3. Or at least 2.5 (given that Memphis game).

Didn't Morgan get benched for the second half along with Stewie in that game prior to South Carolina?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Didn't Morgan get benched for the second half along with Stewie in that game prior to South Carolina?
Got benched for about 35 minutes with Stewart.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yes (after five minutes). That's why I'm saying maybe not all the way to 3. Maybe 2.5.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Maybe I should say semi-precious...

Reaction Score
Yes (after five minutes). That's why I'm saying maybe not all the way to 3. Maybe 2.5.
Sorry, Gus. I noticed that after I posted. I missed it prior to. Then after I posted I was hoping you wouldn't notice my not noticing. :eek: :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom