Not a whole hell of a lot left to say | The Boneyard

Not a whole hell of a lot left to say

Status
Not open for further replies.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I will start by offering a small apology to Spackler and Weyuo, primarily Spackler, for being a bit over the top earlier this week in my debates with him. I derive zero pleasure from what happened today, see no purpose to piling on and in reality, realize that they, like the rest of us, want only great things for this program. They merely were more willing to continue on blind faith than most of us. At times that is a good quality.

I wonder now if in 2 1/3 seasons that P has pissed away everything that was built during the decade prior to his arrival. Hopefully someone can come up with a clear, valid argument defending the idea that he hasn't. I really need that now as I am just stunned by what has transpired since he took over. I didn't think it was possible for us to fall this far this quickly.

Reaction Score
Pls add your voice to the thread at the top. You've always been a respected poster here. Join the tidal wave

Reaction Score
I will start by offering a small apology to Spackler and Weyuo, primarily Spackler, for being a bit over the top earlier this week in my debates with him. I derive zero pleasure from what happened today, see no purpose to piling on and in reality, realize that they, like the rest of us, want only great things for this program. They merely were more willing to continue on blind faith than most of us. At times that is a good quality.

I wonder now if in 2 1/3 seasons that P has pissed away everything that was built during the decade prior to his arrival. Hopefully someone can come up with a clear, valid argument defending the idea that he hasn't. I really need that now as I am just stunned by what has transpired since he took over. I didn't think it was possible for us to fall this far this quickly.

I have to believe, because that is all I have at this point, that no, not all is lost. That does not mean that the coaching staff should be retained for one millisecond longer. They must go. UConn has built enough recognition, and has enough talent that things can turn around, and move in the right direction with a good hire (it didn't take Louisville very long...). It is not as if we are trying to recruit out of trailers. We have enough here to win games, and get to a bowl (even with a horrific o-line).

However, time is of the essence. With every embarrassing loss, we are slipping farther away from the Re-alignment discussion, and THAT is the ultimate death sentence, irregardless of who the coach is.

To those who want PP retained because it will cost $750,000 to get rid of him now, that is so unbelievably short-sighted it is boggling to the mind. What kind of message does it send to the liferafts out of the AAC? Uconn is too cheap to pay what it takes to get a real program.

Reaction Score

I did a complete 180 on Pasqualoni after Towson. Major breaking point for me, but at that time, I did say I would reserve complete judgement pending on how things worked out for the season. I've seen enough of a body of work. I've seen football programs before, where the players quite literally ran the coaching staff's out with their play on the field - willingly, intentionally.

NOW _ I'm not saying that's the case here, not even close, but these players, have shown without a doubt, that the coaching staff is done. They have no consistency, and they're not going to develop it under these coaches.

THe argument that he and his loyalty to his buddy, haven't pissed away everything?

VEry simple. Because the same players, (mostly) that were able to play to the level they did, to match the level of play of Louisiville - and beat them on the road, and to go to Maryland, and reach the intensity level there, to beat them on the road last year, and the young players, new players, mixed with the older, that were able to play up to the intensity level, and competitiveness that they showed last saturday - are all still on the team, and in the program.

A coach, that can relate to his players, and put an energetic coachign staff together, that can positively motivated and connect with their players, can turn this program around quickly.

I trully believe that. We have the terrible habit of playing to the level of our competition, and when our competition isn't at a high level, we look very much like a team that is playing football because they have to, not like they want to.

When we play - with the players we have now - like it looks like they want to - we are a pretty good team.

Warde Manuel - is going to earn, or lose, every bit of his money, based on where he takes this program from here for the University.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I trully believe that. We have the terrible habit of playing to the level of our competition, and when our competition isn't at a high level, we look very much like a team that is playing football because they have to, not like they want to.

When we play - with the players we have now - like it looks like they want to - we are a pretty good team.

If this isn't entirely on the man in charge (P), I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom