Northeastern vs UConn - 2/19/16 - 7pm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Northeastern vs UConn - 2/19/16 - 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
There is a disconnect somewhere with this team that shows up on game days with lackadaisical efforts.

Whether the disconnect is between players and coaches or between players and players or the highly publicized freshmen and everyone else, there is something going on that the public does not see.

How many times has Cavanaugh showed up to a post game presser and said the team lacked effort? With a team that can only win when putting forth a 60 minute effort, too many times this season the effort has not been there. It falls on the coaches and players.

Two observations from last night:
for a BC recruit Evan Richardson is terrible. Although he had a nice assist for Northeastern last night.

Has anyone ever seen a pk unit collapse back to the UConn goal as UConn did on the NE pp goal? The NE player skated to within ten feet of the goal, probably closer.
Mac I got to believe that's the technique they are taught - to collapse down as painful as it is to watch. The only other thing more painful to watch when Cavansugh instructed his forwards not to forecheck against BC the first time we played them this year and the score was 4-0 10 minutes into the 1st period lol. Complete joke.

Reaction Score
Mac I got to believe that's the technique they are taught - to collapse down as painful as it is to watch. The only other thing more painful to watch when Cavansugh instructed his forwards not to forecheck against BC the first time we played them this year and the score was 4-0 10 minutes into the 1st period lol. Complete joke.
The complete joke is you running your mouth in every single thread on this board. Hockeyfraud44 is at least consistent though...where are your season tickets located again?

Reaction Score
It was the college kids doing the booing!
They must have been a combination of adult education students and BYU students because they weren't 18-22.

Reaction Score
The entire XL fan base was booing from ages 7 to 70 men and woman.
How would you know...were you even there Hockeyfraud44? What section are your season tickets located in? And for the record you are wrong about the entire fan base...but hey you are definitely consistent with your bulls**t...at least I'll give you that.

Reaction Score
I have 4 seasons tickets to UCONN Hockey and 2 season tickets to WolfPack Games. Let's just say I have very good seats at the XL Center and leave it at that.

Reaction Score
I have 4 seasons tickets to UCONN Hockey and 2 season tickets to WolfPack Games. Let's just say I have very good seats at the XL Center and leave it at that.
Good then I'm sure you know where 103 is and you also know how to get there...so you can give Acting AD Rachel Rubin the list of your concerns and coaching candidates. Very good seats..a lot of us have very good seats. You don't have seats to UConn football, or hoops? Oops I forgot..if you did you would know what an "entire fan base" booing actually sounds like. Hockeyfraud44...you are truly the gem of this board. Keep up the bulls**t posts...they are thoroughly entertaining.

Reaction Score

It all makes sense now. He's a Wolfpack/Ranger fan

Reaction Score
It all makes sense now. He's a Wolfpack/Ranger fan
He can't be a Ranger fan...the Ranger fans I know actually understand the game hockey and are extremely knowledgeable. He's definitely NOT a UConn athletics fan that's for sure.

Reaction Score
I have total respect for Rachel and the job she has done here at UCONN but the hiring of the next head hockey coach will be appointed by the new incoming AD. It's one of the many attractions of this job posting to attract the top candidate to fill Wade's shoes.

Reaction Score
I have total respect for Rachel and the job she has done here at UCONN but the hiring of the next head hockey coach will be appointed by the new incoming AD. It's one of the many attractions of this job posting to attract the top candidate to fill Wade's shoes.
Who's Wade Hockeyfraud44? I would think you want to go and express your thoughts and concerns to Rachel Rubin about making sure they hire a AD with a hockey background. Who are you kidding..you don't even have 1 seat never mind 4 for season tickets. If you did you would have know that "the entire fan base" wasn't booing last night. You aren't even a UConn athletics fan. You are a troll.

Reaction Score
Season ticket holder here, who has missed only one home game in 2 years. Some frank observations.

a) That was the worst game and the worst effort since we joined the Hockey Easrt
b) Our defense is so bad I cant find words in the english dictionary to appropriately describe just how awful it is.
c) Let's hope that we have some good defensemen coming in next year. And I don't give two craps if they are good offensive players. Find me grinders who will clear the front of the net and clear it out of the zone. Going back to the providence game I count at least 3 or 4 goals Nichols gave up where he had no idea where the puck was. The puck was in the net on shots from near the blue line before he even reacted.
d) the 3 minute stretch where BU was changing lines while keeping the puck in the offensive zone was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in 30 years of watching hockey in this town - and that includes the years where the Whalers were a joke.
e) the play where our shorthanded unit let the point man walk right up to the goalie on the NE pp while we just kept sagging in was equally as ridiculous as (d) in fact I don't know which is more absurd.
f) I did boo last night briefly for the first time and I have no regrets. I will boo bad effort. I also stay to the end of every game - I'm not someone who leaves early to beat the traffic - and I will clap for them when they raise their sticks to the crowd even if they lose by 5 or more when they give all they have but lose because they aren't as talented. If it makes anyone feel better that my boo was for the players effort and the coaches. Sometimes its good to hear a "boo" from your hardcore supporters. Besides, the crap I gotta do for my wife to make up for going to all these games is far worse for my psyche than these players psyche's hearing a boo for giving a shittyass effort. Trust me.
g) I'm going up to UNH to watch them next Saturday night. All I hope is somehow that game means something. Even if we have to win by 22 goals in some kind of bizarre tiebreaker, give me something to hang my hat on.
h) I'm giving Cav four years before I evaluate giving him the boot - I think every coach deserves a 4 year or so cushion to exercise his vision - obviously there are certain times where you have to make a change earlier based on extreme circumstances, but I don't see that here. I know that will upset a particular hothead or two but there's a reason good AD departments aren't hyper-reactionary.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

i) the ignore function is so wonderful. I'm reading some of your posts and you guys are getting worked up nothing. I mean literally, you're getting worked over comments that simply do not appear to my eyes. I suggest those who haven't used it yet do. I warned you earlier.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Season ticket holder here, who has missed only one home game in 2 years. Some frank observations.

a) That was the worst game and the worst effort since we joined the Hockey Easrt
b) Our defense is so bad I cant find words in the english dictionary to appropriately describe just how awful it is.
c) Let's hope that we have some good defensemen coming in next year. And I don't give two craps if they are good offensive players. Find me grinders who will clear the front of the net and clear it out of the zone. Going back to the providence game I count at least 3 or 4 goals Nichols gave up where he had no idea where the puck was. The puck was in the net on shots from near the blue line before he even reacted.
d) the 3 minute stretch where BU was changing lines while keeping the puck in the offensive zone was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in 30 years of watching hockey in this town - and that includes the years where the Whalers were a joke.
e) the play where our shorthanded unit let the point man walk right up to the goalie on the NE pp while we just kept sagging in was equally as ridiculous as (d) in fact I don't know which is more absurd.
f) I did boo last night briefly for the first time and I have no regrets. I will boo bad effort. I also stay to the end of every game - I'm not someone who leaves early to beat the traffic - and I will clap for them when they raise their sticks to the crowd even if they lose by 5 or more when they give all they have but lose because they aren't as talented. If it makes anyone feel better that my boo was for the players effort and the coaches. Sometimes its good to hear a "boo" from your hardcore supporters. Besides, the crap I gotta do for my wife to make up for going to all these games is far worse for my psyche than these players psyche's hearing a boo for giving a tyass effort. Trust me.
g) I'm going up to UNH to watch them next Saturday night. All I hope is somehow that game means something. Even if we have to win by 22 goals in some kind of bizarre tiebreaker, give me something to hang my hat on.
h) I'm giving Cav four years before I evaluate giving him the boot - I think every coach deserves a 4 year or so cushion to exercise his vision - obviously there are certain times where you have to make a change earlier based on extreme circumstances, but I don't see that here. I know that will upset a particular hothead or two but there's a reason good AD departments aren't hyper-reactionary.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY

i) the ignore function is so wonderful. I'm reading some of your posts and you guys are getting worked up nothing. I mean literally, you're getting worked over comments that simply do not appear to my eyes. I suggest those who haven't used it yet do. I warned you earlier.
Could not agree more. The losing of opponents in the defensive zone is a major problem. I did not boo but last night is was completely justifiable.

So far only one defenseman committed for next season, Bryan Nelson (6'4", 220lbs). Previously committed to Harvard.

On a professional team, a performance like last night at the close of a season would result in major roster changes. However, with it being college it is difficult. A couple of the current players have to go though.

Cavanaugh needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat and bring in 1 or 2 immediate impact players between now and September.

Reaction Score
Could not agree more. The losing of opponents in the defensive zone is a major problem. I did not boo but last night is was completely justifiable.

So far only one defenseman committed for next season, Bryan Nelson (6'4", 220lbs). Previously committed to Harvard.

On a professional team, a performance like last night at the close of a season would result in major roster changes. However, with it being college it is difficult. A couple of the current players have to go though.

Cavanaugh needs to pull a rabbit out of his hat and bring in 1 or 2 immediate impact players between now and September.

I believe Adam Karashik (5'11", 175lbs.) is committed for 16-17.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but I believe this is the entire incoming class:

Alexandre Payusov (5'10", 174lbs) | RW | 2016-17
Tyson McClellan (5'9", 165lbs) | C | 2016-17
Ben Freeman (6'4", 205lbs) | RW | 2016-17
Will Garin (5'10", 172lbs) | RW | 2016-17
Bryan Nelson (6'4", 220lbs) | LD | 2016-17
Adam Karashik (6'0", 174lbs) | RD | 2016-17

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This team cannot endure another purely offensive defenseman in the top6 so hopefully both Karashik and Nelson have a well rounded game.

Reaction Score
This team cannot endure another purely offensive defenseman in the top6 so hopefully both Karashik and Nelson have a well rounded game.
Some info on Nelson:
http://www.telegram.com/article/20150304/NEWS/303049545
Nelson was a force in all aspects of the game for the Pioneers — especially during his senior season. In addition to providing an imposing physical presence on the blue line, he controlled the game in the defensive zone and was an asset offensively as well, scoring eight goals to go with 15 assists.

This is an end to end rush/assist by Karashik:

Reaction Score
Nelson is the stay at home type.

Karashik is the puck moving type. He has an outside chance of being drafted late. Its not 100% he is coming in next season. Could spend a year in the USHL.

The class is definitely not as good as last season, especially if Karashik is pushed back a year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Cavanaugh could bring in the next Bobby Orr it wouldn't matter he is not a D1 head hockey coach and he will be let go before his contract expires (buzz around the hockey world). I wouldn't be surprised if a buyout of his contract is being negotiated now.

Reaction Score
Cavanaugh could bring in the next Bobby Orr it wouldn't matter he is not a D1 head hockey coach and he will be let go before his contract expires (buzz around the hockey world). I wouldn't be surprised if a buyout of his contract is being negotiated now.
Post your sources when stating this info or any future posts on this subject will be deleted. You have been warned.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69