Non-Key Tweets | Page 583 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
"OU, BU, TCU, WVU, UC, Uconn, Kstate in other. My guess based on rumors"

I know this is smoke but I'd love to see us play this schedule every year....

Probably close but I would substitute OU for Kansas. Those can be the basketball divisions as well.

Reaction Score
let me get this straight:
New schools won't reach full payout share to 10 years
They also won't have any voting power for 2 years & a half vote for the following 8?
There's as much aroma of manure in the air as when the winds blow from the cow barns on 195 in the direction of Towers.
We accept, we accept!!

Reaction Score
"OU, BU, TCU, WVU, UC, Uconn, Kstate in other. My guess based on rumors"

I know this is smoke but I'd love to see us play this schedule every year....
That schedule compared to our current one would be outstanding.....but again, not counting on it.

Reaction Score
MH Ver3 is just blowing smoke based on other reports. I wouldn't even consider what he's saying. Flug has been remarkably consistent among the "non-key" tweeters. I give him the benefit of the doubt...for now.

Reaction Score
there are no direct flights from any nearby airport (CT, MA, Prov, NY) to DAL except commerical
There's 50 airports UConn could fly from and fly into.

Also, with regards to Flug hedging his bets with the different presentations stuff, and that's true but to be fair, he's been trumpeting these four schools since the beginning of these reopened realignment talks.

Reaction Score
There's 50 airports UConn could fly from and fly into.

Also, with regards to Flug hedging his bets with the different presentations stuff, and that's true but to be fair, he's been trumpeting these four schools since the beginning of these reopened realignment talks.

and they don't have to fly directly to DAL, etc etc

Reaction Score
I'm almost certain that expansion is going to kill me in the next few years.

I don't fear death. I'm just afraid of leaving Mrs. Fishy alone.

I'm afraid she won't mourn appropriately.

She'll get you in the ground quick....a halibut on the beach smells bad after day two.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
let me get this straight:
New schools won't reach full payout share to 10 years
They also won't have any voting power for 2 years & a half vote for the following 8?
There's as much aroma of manure in the air as when the winds blow from the cow barns on 195 in the direction of Towers.
Try living in East. I was lucky. My room freshman year faced towards Grange.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 18h18 hours ago
@nathanmills UT, BYU, UH, TT, ISU, OKST, and Kansas in one.
OU, BU, TCU, WVU, UC, Uconn, Kstate in other. My guess based on rumors

And there you have it. Proof he knows nothing and his sources are crap.

One thing is for certain in all of this. OU will play Oklahoma St and Texas every year. So, putting OU in one division and UT/Ok St in the other will NEVER happen.

Reaction Score
What did he say. I turned on Sirius & only caught the last minute

When asked who was in he waffled and mentioned Cinci, BYU, and Houston and stopped there. Really wasn't to passionate about it though and went on to say they all have shortcomings......

Gall asked him if the ACC would be compelled to beat B12 to the punch and invite UConn and gain more NY share(maybe mention Boston too not sure) Dodd said no , with the old stand by comment if they thought UConn brought the NY market they would already have been in the ACC.

He was dogging the B12 for their ineptitude. Giving examples of their dysfunction.[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 16m16 minutes ago
So to throw more gas on this fire: Houston telling UT they and another may have a P12 offer on the table by end of the week.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 15m15 minutes ago
Could the Pac12 be in panic mode and trying to get schools they thought would always be available to them?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 14m14 minutes ago
Or is it just a bluff to force the B12's hand?

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 14m14 minutes ago
@MH ver3 why would B12 care? They would just take next in line. Most in conference don't want them anyway.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 13m13 minutes ago
@UConn6thBorough true enough but B12 doesn't want P12 in its territory or to strengthen its network subscriptions.

Storrs South ‏@UConn6thBorough 12m12 minutes ago
@MH ver3 that's a fair point. Anything new on the four schools expected to be brought into the fold?

Thoughts of esuortS ‏@bstrouse 4m4 minutes ago
@UConn6thBorough @MH ver3 let's all hope Houston takes off to the P12!!!! One less for UConn fans to worry about!

Beefman ‏@B33FMAN 13m13 minutes ago
@MHver3 I think it's a bluff. Who would the other be?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 12m12 minutes ago
@B33FMAN I'm guessing either CSU, UNLV, or maybe Boise. Definitely not BYU. Liberals hate the conservative Mormons.

Beefman ‏@B33FMAN 6m6 minutes ago
@MH ver3 but they also believe Boise and UNLV don't live up to their academic standards so I don't see them being a fit either

Beefman ‏@B33FMAN 13m13 minutes ago
@MH ver3 wouldn't be BYU or CSU. Or Boise, or UNLV. Houston wants to assure their spot IMO

Howard Sprauge ‏@HSprauge 16m16 minutes ago
@MH ver3 // Who is the other?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 15m15 minutes ago
@HSprauge wasn't told yet.

ME: More organ music for the circus.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

One thing is for certain in all of this. OU will play Oklahoma St and Texas every year. So, putting OU in one division and UT/Ok St in the other will NEVER happen.

Agreed. If these are the 14 schools, it should look like this:

North - UCONN, UC, WVU, ISU, KU, KSU, TCU
South - UH, UT, OU, OSU, TT, BU, BYU

You don't break up KU/KSU or OU/OSU. TX and OU have to be in the same division for the rivalry game. This keeps the TX schools largely together, except the second newest newcomer TCU, which was going to join the Big East before the B12 came calling. UT would probably be happy not to have to play them very often anyway. This alignment also gives you UCONN vs. Kansas in BB, which could develop into an interesting rivalry.

Reaction Score
image.png

Please provide any interpretation you wish because I really want to believe that he knows something

Reaction Score
Agreed. If these are the 14 schools, it should look like this:

North - UCONN, UC, WVU, ISU, KU, KSU, TCU
South - UH, UT, OU, OSU, TT, BU, BYU

You don't break up KU/KSU or OU/OSU. TX and OU have to be in the same division for the rivalry game. This keeps the TX schools largely together, except the second newest newcomer TCU, which was going to join the Big East before the B12 came calling. UT would probably be happy not to have to play them very often anyway. This alignment also gives you UCONN vs. Kansas in BB, which could develop into an interesting rivalry.

Zipper with permanent cross divisional rivalries. Texas hooked with OU, Kansas paired with K State, church school rivals Baylor and TCU cross divisional rivals too. Throw Tech in the same division as Texas and Oklahoma St in with OU. You now have a foundation of four in each division.

Put BYU, UofH and Iowa St in one of the two divisions and call it West. Put Cincy, WVU and UConn in the other and call it East.

So you Huskies could end up in a division with Cincy, WVU and either the two Oklahoma schools or the two Texas public schools already in the conference, plus a church school, plus a Kansas school,. And you'd probably have a permanent cross divisional rival like... Houston.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
A school that doesn't get much discussion but actually is a dark horse to get in B12 if BYU and UH don't happen: Temple.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 22m22 minutes ago
My source tells me Temple has been quietly climbing the ranks and has plead a great case.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 21m21 minutes ago
Expands footprint greatly. Bridges gap between WVU and Uconn. Offers everything Pitt has plus a football team!

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 20m20 minutes ago
Seriously though it's good for thought. Don't count them out yet.
Coach Blair Redd ‏@brgredd 20m20 minutes ago
@MH ver3 why wouldn't BYU or UH happen?

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 19m19 minutes ago
@brgredd Houston still doesn't have enough votes yet but it's getting closer.

@brgredd BYU still controls their own destiny but has to give up certain things

JR McKee ‏@jr_mckee 10m10 minutes ago
@MH ver3 such as???

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 8m8 minutes ago
@jr_mckee scheduling liberties, BYUtv replays, certain financial practices, and a few other things.

Vince ‏@vjp3 20m20 minutes ago
@MH ver3 C'Mon Man!

@vjp3 I'm really not kidding. They're right there in the second tier with the Florida schools, Memphis, CSU, and ECU.

Mike Swearingen ‏@Swearingen20 4m4 minutes ago
@MH ver3 temple is NOWHERE CLOSE to where Cincinnati, Memphis, Houston & BYU are with the Big 12. Your Credibility is falling fast

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 49s50 seconds ago
@Swearingen20 I never said they were close to 3 of those 4

Reaction Score

This jumped out at me, too. I think the UConn/WVU/Cincy/ISU/TCU/Houston/Baylor division makes exponentially more sense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom