Non-Key Tweets | Page 582 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
He's sticking with his original 4 - UH, UC, BYU, UConn. Take it for what it's worth.

Edit - if someone has the time and finds a reliable FlightAware path from one of those four locations to Dallas, we've got ourselves a ballgame. Most notably, it'd probably be from the Provo area as there's a gazillion flights b/t Dallas-Cincinnati, Dallas-Houston, and even Dallas-Bradley. But this would absolutely be the proof that his info is correct in some capacity. Also look for flights into both DFW and Love Field.

Reaction Score
Finding a flight from here to Dallas that stuck out would be hard. It's also entirely possible our people flew commercial (to stay off the FlightAware radar) in first class or something, or flew out of New York, Providence, Worcester, etc. Finding evidence of UConn traveling to Dallas will be virtually impossible unless they leave a giant easter egg out there.

Reaction Score
MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 19h19 hours ago
Ok. So my source tells me B12 is 30 days away from a decision on who to add. Expansion is going to happen now period.

Both contracts have been reopened and a GOR extension will be happening as well

Adding four is most likely now as it raises inventory and market penetration enough to be on par with others.

UT will probably get their wish(and campus) with Houston getting in but it will come at a price.

LHN will be folded into a B12N when all current T3 deals expire.

New schools being added will take a loooong time to reach full payout share from B12. Ten years long.

Memphis making a late push to edge out Cincy or Uconn. Don't know if it will be enough.

USF and UCF also making lots of calls and trying to bargain in as well

But as of today it looks like UC, Uconn, BYU, and Houston.

BYU might be FB only at first but will transition to all sports eventually.

Lots of moving parts in BYU deal so if it falls through then CSU takes their place.

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 18h18 hours ago
Houston joining also blocks Pac12 from expanding-weakening them in the future

Big kicker here is that new additions will have a reevaluation sometime when they are close to full share to see if they are pulling weight

Basically an opportunity for B12 to swap them out with better options if Pac12 schools want to jump. Let's call this the Houston-clause.

Now B12 could still decide to only add 2 but that's not likely at this point as all the TV negotiations are centered on 14 with 8 conf games

New additions will have no voting power for first 2 years then they will each be half a vote until fully vested.

nathanmills ‏@nathanmills 18h18 hours ago
@MH ver3 thoughts on divisions?

@nathanmills UT, BYU, UH, TT, ISU, OKST, and Kansas in one. OU, BU, TCU, WVU, UC, Uconn, Kstate in other. My guess based on rumors

MH ver3 ‏@MH ver3 7h7 hours ago
Fox and ESPN offering a 17% increase over current contract if we only take 2 and remove pro rata clause.

Therefore 2 additions would net pro rata plus 17% but after that pro rata won't be an option.

But B12 seems adamant about adding 4

ME: Big 12 putting a reevaluation clause on new members seems like the biggest load of BS I've ever heard so far. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I suppose he's hinting about timelines, notice and exit fees being negotiated. If it is 27 months (the AAC standard) the 2018 football season is a no.
This will likely get negotiated. My guess, we forfeit whatever money we had coming from previous exit fees and pay about 15 million to get out early?

Reaction Score
I'm not getting worked up over this latest supposed info. I'll keep telling myself this.

Reaction Score
Finding a flight from here to Dallas that stuck out would be hard. It's also entirely possible our people flew commercial (to stay off the FlightAware radar) in first class or something, or flew out of New York, Providence, Worcester, etc. Finding evidence of UConn traveling to Dallas will be virtually impossible unless they leave a giant easter egg out there.
They also use Teterboro. They may have gone Brainerd to Teterboro...Teterboro to Dallas

Reaction Score
At this point everyone knows we will be presenting and that Herbst will be going there. I doubt they will try to hide it.

Reaction Score
There was a flight out of BDL this morning to DFW but commercial on American 2606

Reaction Score
cincy interim president confirmed traveled to Dallas

edit: well, there was a private jet from cincy to Dallas Love Field

Reaction Score
Ok. So my source tells me B12 is 30 days away from a decision on who to add. Expansion is going to happen now period.

Both contracts have been reopened and a GOR extension will be happening as well

Adding four is most likely now as it raises inventory and market penetration enough to be on par with others.

UT will probably get their wish(and campus) with Houston getting in but it will come at a price.

LHN will be folded into a B12N when all current T3 deals expire.

New schools being added will take a loooong time to reach full payout share from B12. Ten years long.

Memphis making a late push to edge out Cincy or Uconn. Don't know if it will be enough.

USF and UCF also making lots of calls and trying to bargain in as well

But as of today it looks like UC, Uconn, BYU, and Houston.

BYU might be FB only at first but will transition to all sports eventually.

Lots of moving parts in BYU deal so if it falls through then CSU takes their place.

Houston joining also blocks Pac12 from expanding-weakening them in the future

Big kicker here is that new additions will have a reevaluation sometime when they are close to full share to see if they are pulling weight

Basically an opportunity for B12 to swap them out with better options if Pac12 schools want to jump. Let's call this the Houston-clause.

Now B12 could still decide to only add 2 but that's not likely at this point as all the TV negotiations are centered on 14 with 8 conf games

New additions will have no voting power for first 2 years then they will each be half a vote until fully vested.

nathanmills ‏@nathanmills 18h18 hours ago
@MH ver3 thoughts on divisions?

@nathanmills UT, BYU, UH, TT, ISU, OKST, and Kansas in one. OU, BU, TCU, WVU, UC, Uconn, Kstate in other. My guess based on rumors

Fox and ESPN offering a 17% increase over current contract if we only take 2 and remove pro rata clause.

Therefore 2 additions would net pro rata plus 17% but after that pro rata won't be an option.

But B12 seems adamant about adding 4

ME: Big 12 putting a reevaluation clause on new members seems like the biggest load of BS I've ever heard so far. :rolleyes:

let me get this straight:
New schools won't reach full payout share to 10 years
They also won't have any voting power for 2 years & a half vote for the following 8?
There's as much aroma of manure in the air as when the winds blow from the cow barns on 195 in the direction of Towers.

Reaction Score
There's as much aroma of manure in the air as when the wind blow from the cow barns on 195 in the direction of Towers.

god you're taking me back. look Big XII, we fit right in. the smell of manure in the air will help them feel at home

Reaction Score
let me get this straight:
New schools won't reach full payout share to 10 years
They also won't have any voting power for 2 years & a half vote for the following 8?
There's as much aroma of manure in the air as when the winds blow from the cow barns on 195 in the direction of Towers.

Smells better than a dead conference walking.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom