Non-Key Tweets | Page 580 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 2h2 hours ago
@Jeffery_Cobb However I'm told that ESPN/Fox are not pleased the Big 12 is considering 14.

@Jeffery_Cobb I believe the possibility grows every day that ESPN/Fox will pay to limit the Big 12 to adding 2.

@Jeffery_Cobb UCONN / Memphis / CSU. I hear those 3 for 14. CSU remains my dark horse.

@Jeffery_Cobb Not sure if it's true but I was told CSU dominates their market. Not so of the others.

My opinion only. ESPN/Fox will pay to limit Big 12 expansion to 12. Keeps the door open to add P12 schools in 2024.

Zach Hedges ‏@zthedges · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV Why not go to 14 now and go to 16 if P5 schools become available?

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV
@zthedges I've wondered the same myself.

If the Big 12 does limit expansion to 12 UC looks to be the odd school out. Assuming Texas really wants UH in the B12 & is willing to deal

Industry sources tell me that ESPN/Fox could live with BYU & UH/UC added to the Big 12.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
@Jeffery_Cobb However I'm told that ESPN/Fox are not pleased the Big 12 is considering 14.

@Jeffery_Cobb I believe the possibility grows every day that ESPN/Fox will pay to limit the Big 12 to adding 2.

@Jeffery_Cobb UCONN / Memphis / CSU. I hear those 3 for 14. CSU remains my dark horse.

@Jeffery_Cobb Not sure if it's true but I was told CSU dominates their market. Not so of the others.

My opinion only. ESPN/Fox will pay to limit Big 12 expansion to 12. Keeps the door open to add P12 schools in 2024.

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV

If the Big 12 does limit expansion to 12 UC looks to be the odd school out. Assuming Texas really wants UH in the B12 & is willing to deal

Industry sources tell me that ESPN/Fox could live with BYU & UH/UC added to the Big 12.

I wonder if he has an ounce of self-awareness when he puts this out for the world to see? He covered every possible outcome in just 8 tweets.

Reaction Score
Why is the dude still getting posted? He knows nothing. The Big 12 is not going to expand by only 2 and include Houston. That's about as dumb as it gets.

Reaction Score

Mutant_Pear_Lol_Wut.png

Reaction Score
with the full realization that 99.99% of random twitter people who claim to have an inside source, do not have an inside source:
  • Flug had Cincy/UConn as his 2 predicted additions wayyy before the Big 12 media was treating us like a real possibility
  • Flug was the first one I saw to put together the Cincy/UConn/BYU/UH list. Writers or otherwise.
  • Flug was the first to talk about "horse trading" votes, and said that it would lead ultimately to a 4-team addition. Now mostly everyone seems to agree on that, and a 4-team addition seems likely.
  • He was also the first to say that candidates would be presenting to the Big 12 on an accelerated timeline, over the next few weeks. We don't know if that's actually happened, but there's rumor now that BYU and Cincy have already made their pitch.
Maybe he doesn't really have a source, I don't know. But if he doesn't he's gotten pretty lucky with his predictions lately.

Well.. none of those are actually true, though, right? Yet? More mainstream media could just be parroting him/fringe media, and those things might all be way off base.

Reaction Score
Why is the dude still getting posted? He knows nothing. The Big 12 is not going to expand by only 2 and include Houston. That's about as dumb as it gets.

Dud's industry sources = cable guy

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV

This reminds of these tweets, for some reason:

dtqykz3h6ty4w75n831c.gif

Reaction Score
At the risk of making a Nelsonmuntzian post, if the AAC somehow gets stripped of 3 teams not named UConn, I do think that UConn might consider a radical move of some sort. I just can't figure out what it would be. Big East for All Sports? Sun Belt for football only? CUSA? MAC?

If you look at AAC without Cincy, Houston and Memphis, it is absurd in bball. Might as well be in the Patriot League. In football it will still be better than CUSA and the MAC, but the BE beckons at that point.

Will be interesting if something like this ever comes to pass because Fox would then pick up the UConn women. They are a draw nationally.

On the other hand, Memphis will not be selected. Remember, this school was horrid in football until recently. Few fans.

Reaction Score
At the risk of making a Nelsonmuntzian post, if the AAC somehow gets stripped of 3 teams not named UConn, I do think that UConn might consider a radical move of some sort. I just can't figure out what it would be. Big East for All Sports? Sun Belt for football only? CUSA? MAC?

If you look at AAC without Cincy, Houston and Memphis, it is absurd in bball. Might as well be in the Patriot League. In football it will still be better than CUSA and the MAC, but the BE beckons at that point.

Will be interesting if something like this ever comes to pass because Fox would then pick up the UConn women. They are a draw nationally.

On the other hand, Memphis will not be selected. Remember, this school was horrid in football until recently. Few fans.
If UConn is excluded, its over. Joining the Big East and dropping football is the best case scenario.

Reaction Score

We'd stay at least as long as the exit fee money lasted. Try to dominate the league in basketball and football, and pray for an ACC invite before we'd move back to the Big East

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Absolutely I'm super anti radical stuff but if Memphis Cincy Houston leave there is no reason for us to hang.

Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If 3 other AAC teams leave UConn would have enough leverage to be a football only in the AAC - because Navy would be gone as well.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
BYU & UTAH‏@BYUandUTAH 3h3 hours ago
4 days more. #byu #big12

BYU & UTAH‏@BYUandUTAH 44m44 minutes ago
Update: #big12 has been talking with #unlv as well. Apparently impressed with market there and recent talks of building new football stadium

BYU & UTAH‏@BYUandUTAH 19m19 minutes ago
Las Vegas is trying to build 65,000 seat stadium on the strip for the Raiders to move there. Would be new home for #unlv as well.

Why do tweeters say crazy stuff like "UNLV to the Big 12" just as they are starting to build credibility?

Reaction Score
This was just tweeted about 30 min ago.

Tuxedo Yoda
‏@TuxedoYoda

Was told Big 12 announcement day is Tuesday August 16. Will be 4 or 6 teams added.

Who knows but figured I'd post it.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom