Non-Key Tweets | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
How the h**l, as alums and fans, do we fix this mess our conferences and universities have created?

Pool our resources, buy the NCAA and disband it.

Then, start our own TV networks because that's who's pulling the strings.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
If the B12 wanted to be at 16 tomorrow. It'd be BYU, FSU, Clemson, UL, Cincy and... Pitt. Or someone else that isn't UConn.

It get that move to 12/14/16 and we are available, but the B12 might as well be the P12 or the WAC as far as we are concerned geographically.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
TuxedoYoda 12:28pm via Web
If B12 had to be at 16 tomorrow, I don't see 6 better additions than BYU, Boise, UConn, Cinci, UCF & USF. That would be a solid conference.

UCF media seem to think UCF and USF are next for B12: http://thebeatofsports.com/notes-an...ids-defend-dad-big-xii-expansion-and-the-dmv/

"Speaking of Power 5 leagues, the waters seemed to have calmed in the world of conference realignment. But if you want to know who is worthy of watching in the future as candidates to change leagues look south. Most people assume UConn and Cincinnati are ideal candidates to move to the ACC sometime in the future. It’s natural because both were part of the Big East and it is no secret both schools have openly campaigned to be part of the ACC. But Louisville beat them to the punch and with the addition of Notre Dame as a scheduling partner for football and member in all other sports, the ACC has no reason to expand any time soon. Add the ACC’s Grant of Rights deal and it makes it very difficult for someone to leave. So……If no one’s leaving the ACC and the Big Ten, SEC and Pac 12 seem content with what they have, that leaves the Big XII. The Big XII has made it very clear it likes its current 10 team makeup and a new media deal gives the league no reason to move off its position on expansion. But if it does, UConn and Cincinnati do not make sense. Assume things stay quiet for the next 2-4 years and the Big XII revisits expansion it likely looks for new and thriving markets and markets that open up new television revenue and recruiting. It is why USF and UCF are the likely targets. The two schools, their alumni base and media markets combined deliver better numbers than anyone else can present. Is it possible the Big XII would add only one Florida school and look at a BYU as well? Sure it’s possible. But the two offer a travel partner, markets with bowl games, accessible airports, destinations to host conference championships and young growing alumni bases. Texas is loaded with talent for recruiting, but what area would the Big XII love to tap into? Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville and the rest of the state. In 2-4 years UConn and Cincinnati lose any advantage over USF and UCF that exist today. Yes, I am aware Cincinnati is undergoing a massive facilities upgrade. You know what the upgrade will do? Put it on par with what already exist at USF and UCF…"

Reaction Score
That's actually a pretty common expansion scenario pushed by B12 fans who are focused on FB recruiting potential in Florida - I doubt school administrators share the same opinion though.

Reaction Score
UCF media seem to think UCF and USF are next for B12: http://thebeatofsports.com/notes-an...ids-defend-dad-big-xii-expansion-and-the-dmv/

"Speaking of Power 5 leagues, the waters seemed to have calmed in the world of conference realignment. But if you want to know who is worthy of watching in the future as candidates to change leagues look south. Most people assume UConn and Cincinnati are ideal candidates to move to the ACC sometime in the future. It’s natural because both were part of the Big East and it is no secret both schools have openly campaigned to be part of the ACC. But Louisville beat them to the punch and with the addition of Notre Dame as a scheduling partner for football and member in all other sports, the ACC has no reason to expand any time soon. Add the ACC’s Grant of Rights deal and it makes it very difficult for someone to leave. So……If no one’s leaving the ACC and the Big Ten, SEC and Pac 12 seem content with what they have, that leaves the Big XII. The Big XII has made it very clear it likes its current 10 team makeup and a new media deal gives the league no reason to move off its position on expansion. But if it does, UConn and Cincinnati do not make sense. Assume things stay quiet for the next 2-4 years and the Big XII revisits expansion it likely looks for new and thriving markets and markets that open up new television revenue and recruiting. It is why USF and UCF are the likely targets. The two schools, their alumni base and media markets combined deliver better numbers than anyone else can present. Is it possible the Big XII would add only one Florida school and look at a BYU as well? Sure it’s possible. But the two offer a travel partner, markets with bowl games, accessible airports, destinations to host conference championships and young growing alumni bases. Texas is loaded with talent for recruiting, but what area would the Big XII love to tap into? Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Jacksonville and the rest of the state. In 2-4 years UConn and Cincinnati lose any advantage over USF and UCF that exist today. Yes, I am aware Cincinnati is undergoing a massive facilities upgrade. You know what the upgrade will do? Put it on par with what already exist at USF and UCF…"

I don't buy the argument being put forth by the writer. Unlike the B1G, PAC and SEC which value markets due to their networks, the Big 12 and ACC need brands.

pj

Reaction Score
There have been rumors for months that Fox wants the B12 to add USF and UCF. They do have TV potential -- both schools are in top 20 DMAs, Florida as a whole is a big prize, the strength of the B12 is football and Florida is a great recruiting territory, there is potential for the B12 to rival the SEC and ACC in Florida thanks to better local markets and 2 state schools vs 1 each for the SEC and ACC.

From a business perspective, it seems quite plausible that USF/UCF are ahead of UConn/Cincy and BYU/Boise for B12 expansion.

The question then becomes, would the B12 stop at 12, or consider creating an eastern division to help out WVU? A 14-team league with WVU/Cincy/UConn/USF/UCF + two from Baylor/TCU/Iowa State would keep the Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas state schools together and cut down their travel, while giving the B12 eastern media markets.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Why would anyone want both Florida schools? One and BYU maybe - but both seems silly and pointless.

Both just makes it even more difficult for them to compete.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why would anyone want both Florida schools? One and BYU maybe - but both seems silly and pointless.

Both just makes it even more difficult for them to compete.
Travel partner.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I foresee a "hunger games" like fight to the death between USF and UCF for the spot in the B12. Should the day ever come, Texas will have a giant dome flown in and placed over the stadium during their AAC annual rivalry game and announce the school represented by last person alive be it player, coach, fan, trainer, mascot, or tuba player will receive the bid. The B12 will wait as long as it takes.

Reaction Score
I foresee a "hunger games" like fight to the death between USF and UCF for the spot in the B12. Should the day ever come, Texas will have a giant dome flown in and placed over the stadium during their AAC annual rivalry game and announce the school represented by last person alive be it player, coach, fan, trainer, mascot, or tuba player will receive the bid. The B12 will wait as long as it takes.
I'd watch that movie.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reaction Score

We should call "winners"...

Reaction Score
ACC was going to do the same thing if Louisville had won the game.

CL82

Reaction Score
Like the one they got for West Virginia?
Nope like the one they didn't get so trips out to Morgantown suck for them.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There have been rumors for months that Fox wants the B12 to add USF and UCF. .

There are absolutely no rumors to that effect - they're the creation of TuxedoYoda's imagination.

Look at the AAC.

Memorize all of the teams.

Whenever you hear of some conference wanting to add one of them, you'll know to dismiss it out of hand.

If anyone wanted any of us, we would not be here.

CL82

Reaction Score
There are absolutely no rumors to that effect - they're the creation of TuxedoYoda's imagination.

Look at the AAC.

Memorize all of the teams.

Whenever you hear of some conference wanting to add one of them, you'll know to dismiss it out of hand.

If anyone wanted any of us, we would not be here.
Now you know that isn't the case for UConn. Why post otherwise?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom