Non-Key Tweets | Page 345 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I don't know what will end up happening but I am convinced that if the NFL had its way the Rams would move back to LA (forcing the Raiders and Chargers to remain where they are, preferably with new stadiums on the horizon) and a couple years down the road the Jaguars would relocate to St Louis.

pj

Reaction Score
I don't know what will end up happening but I am convinced that if the NFL had its way the Rams would move back to LA (forcing the Raiders and Chargers to remain where they are, preferably with new stadiums on the horizon) and a couple years down the road the Jaguars would relocate to St Louis.

Why not simplify and have the Jaguars move to LA? They could change the name to the LA Cougars.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Why not simplify and have the Jaguars move to LA? They could change the name to the LA Cougars.

1 - The Rams are actually looking into moving to LA at the moment.
2 - It would be fat more logical to haven NFC west team in LA than sn AFC south team.
3 - The AFC already has two teams located in California, the NFC currently has one. The NFL would prefer 2-2 to 3-1.

Reaction Score
The Raiders have won more Super Bowls in LA than the Rams. But the Rams won 2 NFL championships before the AFL existed. The Chargers started out in LA. The Chargers are in the AFC West. The NFL probably could not be happier at the prospect of 2 division rivals playing in LA.

The Rams may have in LA earlier but the NFL considers St Louis' proposal attractive. Nothing heard from SD or Oakland so far.

And the Houston Texans got their name from the World Football League franchise and the Seattle Seahawks got their neon green from the Portland Storm. :D WFL is so underappreciated.

Reaction Score
The chargers are definitely set up to go. I think it is chargers and Rams.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
But there are a lot of cougars in LA.

images

Reaction Score
The Rams may have in LA earlier but the NFL considers St Louis' proposal attractive.
Even if Rams' owner Stan Kroenke and NFL management may prefer moving the Rams to LA, St. Louis city government still just approved $150 million financing of a new $1.1 billion stadium package. The rest of the funding would come from the Show Me state, the NFL, and team owners, but St. Louis throwing some taxpayer financing at the NFL and Kroenke may play some small role in keeping the Rams in the Gateway City.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Even if Rams' owner Stan Kroenke and NFL management may prefer moving the Rams to LA, St. Louis city government still just approved $150 million financing of a new $1.1 billion stadium package. The rest of the funding would come from the Show Me state, the NFL, and team owners, but St. Louis throwing some taxpayer financing at the NFL and Kroenke may play some small role in keeping the Rams in the Gateway City.

Kroenke definitely wants out of St. Louis and into the stadium he wants to build on the old Hollywood Park site.

The NFL likely prefers that he stay put and that the Raiders and Chargers move to Carson.

I think the Chargers are all but gone from San Diego and the NFL will decide who goes with them, if anyone.

Reaction Score
Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa
When the B10 knocks, it calls on Vandy, but the big old FOX, first wants his candy.

Albert Ruscitto ‏@CincyP5orbust 5h5 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa If B1G wants school not bound by GOR, Vandy makes some sense, though not contiguous. Me thinks they want more.

Utini ‏@PromiscuousJawa 5h5 hours ago
@CincyP5orbust who would make the perfect replacement for Vandy? If the B10 were to strike into SEC territory.

PromiscuousJawa Perfect in my head? Cincy. Nuff said.

PAL ‏@PAL88888 5h5 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa Okay, I'll play along. Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Vandy to B1G plus two eastern schools (UVA and GaT). B1G at 20.

@PromiscuousJawa WV and Cincy to SEC to replace Mizzou and Vandy.

AL88888 closer. But not quite. And not as clear cut.

PAL ‏@PAL88888 4h4 hours ago
@PromiscuousJawa Why Vandy? I know it's a good academic institution, but didn't think recruiting was that good in Nashville. Am I wrong?

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa
From there to here and here to there. Secret planes everywhere. two interest UC, can you guess which two. UC twerps are
1f44e.png
or I'd tell you.

Todd Cunninghma@TCunningham50
@PromiscuousJawa SEC and B12

@TCunningham50 @PromiscuousJawa SEC and ACC. ESPN blocking B12 from getting Cincy.

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa
@PAL88888 @TCunningham50 incorrect . but you're in the right ballpark on complexity and moving parts.

@CincyP5orbust @PromiscuousJawa Vandy becomes contiguous (just barely) if Mizz or UVA and GaT are added.

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa
@PAL88888 @CincyP5orbust colder

Reaction Score
Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa
When the B10 knocks, it calls on Vandy, but the big old FOX, first wants his candy.

@PromiscuousJawa If B1G wants school not bound by GOR, Vandy makes some sense, though not contiguous. Me thinks they want more.

@CincyP5orbust who would make the perfect replacement for Vandy? If the B10 were to strike into SEC territory.

@PromiscuousJawa Okay, I'll play along. Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri and Vandy to B1G plus two eastern schools (UVA and GaT). B1G at 20.

@PromiscuousJawa Why Vandy? I know it's a good academic institution, but didn't think recruiting was that good in Nashville. Am I wrong?

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa
From there to here and here to there. Secret planes everywhere. two interest UC, can you guess which two. UC twerps are
1f44e.png
or I'd tell you.

@TCunningham50 @PromiscuousJawa SEC and ACC. ESPN blocking B12 from getting Cincy.

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa
@PAL88888 @TCunningham50 incorrect . but you're in the right ballpark on complexity and moving parts.

@CincyP5orbust @PromiscuousJawa Vandy becomes contiguous (just barely) if Mizz or UVA and GaT are added.

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa
The is really starting to get to great depths now.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
Vandy and UConn to the B1G -- UConn provides the financial return/markets, Vandy the academics; SEC won't miss Vandy and backfills with Cincy penetrating Ohio, easing the pain to ESPN of losing B1G content; B12 is screwed again.

Seems unlikely but you never can tell.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa
1f44e.png
or I'd tell you.

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa

Utini‏@PromiscuousJawa
I never thought another tweeter would make the dude look credible. Congratulations Jawa.

Reaction Score
Vandy and UConn to the B1G -- UConn provides the financial return/markets, Vandy the academics; SEC won't miss Vandy and backfills with Cincy penetrating Ohio, easing the pain to ESPN of losing B1G content; B12 is screwed again.

Seems unlikely but you never can tell.

There are a lot of Kentucky and Tennessee alumni in that Greater Cincinnati area, and a lot of influential folks in Cincy($) with ties/homes in Florida so it would not be the most shocking move. You never can tell.

Reaction Score
Understanding that these tweets are total horses*** I have always thought that Cincy as a SEC Candidate makes a lot of sense.

The SEC Network would see further penetration into the North, encroaching on the heart of B1G Territory.

It would give the SEC another talent rich state to recruit in. While OSU will always be the kings of Ohio, an SEC Membership instantly legitimizes Cincy as a player for major Ohio Talent, while giving other SEC Schools inroads into the state.

Cincy's inclusion would not dilute the football brand, as they have been a competitive program for the last 10 years.

They would also add to a weak basketball conference giving UK some actual competition from time to time.

None of this is ever likely to happen, as Vandy has never given any real indication that they were looking to leave, however should it ever happen there are worse options to fill the opening than Cincy.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
CallMeBruce said:
How would you even go to 20 teams? That seems so unwieldy.

It's called two separate conferences with shared scheduling and media agreements.

9+2+1 schedules, means 11/12 if not all 12 TV games are controlled by the umbrella conference.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom