Non-Key Tweets | Page 341 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 4h4 hours ago
The new rumors making the rounds about an impending B1G raid of the Big 12 are utterly & completely false.

The Big 12 has a GOR. The B1G amendment to require divisions for having a CCG was to keep the Big 12 from having a distinct advantage.

The B1G amendment is not intended as a spark to entice OU to leave. Think! If OU were to leave the B12 they would land in a conf with div

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub · 3h3 hours ago
@theDudeofWV amendment is to damage the ACC. B10 doesn't care about B12

Christopher Lambert
‏@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub I agree with that partly Doug. If they expand again they want ACC schools.

Neither is it a mechanism to force B12 expansion. OU and Boren are the leading proponents for Big 12 expansion.

The amendment's sole purpose is to keep the B12 from cherry picking teams for its CCG.

There is nothing stoping the Big 12 from having 2 divs of 5 each should they not expand.

Delaney went to great lengths to explain the rationale of the amendment. He pointed out he believes the B12 should not be forced to expand.

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV · 3h3 hours ago
This is a fact. So own it... Many B1G leaders are on record including Delaney: AAU status is required for the B1G.

OU is not AAU.

Until OU is a member of the AAU you know straightaway that any rumor you hear about the Sooners & B1G is false.

"AAU membership is a part of who we are. It’s an important part of who we are." - Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany

One more issue. Recently I learned my lesson about political interference & conf membership.

The Big 12 is a conf of pairs: KU/KSU, OU/OSU, UT/TT. Think of the 2nd school as an anchor to the B12.

@bking23 Political ties to act as an anchor to keep the larger school in the Big 12.

By the way there is virtually no chance that the B1G amendment passes. I think it's fair & should be passed myself.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Why is it, when I say this about us people call me a troll and saying I'm injecting personal opinion and stating it as fact.

Because you're a troll who's pretending to be a UConn fan.

Go somewhere else.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Okie - the difference is that we are not going to Oklahoma State's board and saying they have no chance at the B1G (and arguing with every single Cowboy fan who thinks they do). Your obsession with UConn has grown to ridiculously creepy levels to stoop to creating profiles posing as a UConn fan to continue to push your anti-UConn agenda.

Like Fishy keeps advising you, go away.

Reaction Score
No, I'm just embarrassed that our fans seem to think we're the center of the realignment universe. The BigXII blowing up would be all bad for UConn, there's no two ways about it. It dumps candidates back on the market that would get preferential treatment over UConn. If Oklahoma goes to the B1G, it makes more sense for the B1G to take Kansas too. Our best hope right now is that the B1G takes from the ACC and the ACC back fills with us. I'm sorry, but we're NOT in a good position right now with realignment. I don't like it any more than anyone else here, but I'm not going to go putting my head in the sand like the rest of you.

Reaction Score
Is he OkieLite?
3345859.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
No, I'm just embarrassed that our fans seem to think we're the center of the realignment universe. The BigXII blowing up would be all bad for UConn, there's no two ways about it. It dumps candidates back on the market that would get preferential treatment over UConn. If Oklahoma goes to the B1G, it makes more sense for the B1G to take Kansas too. Our best hope right now is that the B1G takes from the ACC and the ACC back fills with us. I'm sorry, but we're NOT in a good position right now with realignment. I don't like it any more than anyone else here, but I'm not going to go putting my head in the sand like the rest of you.

Okie, you're forgetting about a couple of things.

One, Connecticut residents make ALOT of money. I mean, we make BOATLOADS. When you're born in Connecticut, the state backs the money truck and dumps a mountain of green in your driveway when your parents take you home. The state also gives each newborn 3 magic money tree beans to plant for endless supply of greenbacks. Needless to say, there isn't a CT resident who isn't a millionaire. Everyone here on the 'Yard could buy and sell you a dozen times over.

Two, UConn outdrew Oklahoma State in its Spring Game. In fact, there is so little interest in Cowboy football that they didn't even have a Spring Game! Spring Game attendance matters most to B1G Presidents, as we all know.

Third, UConn and Oklahoma State share the same amount of BCS bowl appearances (1).

There are three B12 schools in the AAU: Texas (most certainly a B1G target), Kansas (also a B1G target), and Iowa State (not a B1G target). The remaining schools, Baylor aside, are a collection of grandfathered community college types that would be of absolutely zero interest to the B1G. Oklahoma could end up in the SEC and that is of no concern to UConn since the B12 would backfill with Houston or Cincinnati or BYU in that instance BUT Kansas would begin flirting with the B1G. Kansas to the B1G is GOOD news for UConn as we make a terrific partner. If Kansas and OU leave, then Texas will have no choice but to leave. Of the remaining schools in the B12, Baylor would be attractive to the PAC and TCU could be attractive to the SEC. The rest would be thrown into the AAC pool of leftovers hoping to form a fifth power conference with Memphis, Temple, Navy, and maybe BYU.

Seriously Okie, it's time to run along. Or Rumrunner along. Or whatever handle you create in the future to continue your irrational anti-UConn agenda. You are on a UConn board where we know more about our school and athletic department than you. We've tried a million times to explain these things to you but you refuse to listen. But go on your tiresome campaign across whatever message boards will accept your dozen troll accounts if you must. You live a sad, pathetic life.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No, I'm just embarrassed that our fans seem to think we're the center of the realignment universe.

No, you're just a Louisville fan trolling our board.

It's so pathetic.

Perhaps UConn is handicapped by not following the Louisville model? (Grafting a community college onto the ass of an athletic department.)

Reaction Score
It's easy to label me a troll when I'm the only one, apparently, that doesn't think we're the center of the expansion universe. We may be a great choice for a conference, but it's not difficult to see that we may not be the only option or even the best option. Other schools have merits too, and it's time to recognize that.

Most people on this board recognize that UConn isn't the center of the expansion universe, if you spent more time comprehending, and less time trolling (and trying to make it all about you), you might learn something.

Reaction Score
I think ESPN would love to carve up the BigXII, which unfortunately would likely be all bad for us as it dumps more expansion candidates onto the market.

I'm not so sure about that. The current set up doesn't work for UConn, whereas any CR movement has the potential to be a good thing. After Texas, Oklahoma, and maybe Kansas, I think UConn would be more a attractive CR candidate than most BigXII schools; at least to the conferences that UConn would likely end up in (B1G, ACC).

Reaction Score
Seriously Okie, it's time to run along. Or Rumrunner along. Or whatever handle you create in the future to continue your irrational anti-UConn agenda. You are on a UConn board where we know more about our school and athletic department than you. We've tried a million times to explain these things to you but you refuse to listen. But go on your tiresome campaign across whatever message boards will accept your dozen troll accounts if you must. You live a sad, pathetic life.

?

Reaction Score
Nobody cares how much UConn fans make. That's gotta be near the bottom of the list of considerations for conference realignment. The fact that UConn fans talk about it at all, says all that needs to be said about heads in the sand. UConn is a relative flash in the pan in basketball and suck in football. WHEN the BigXII collapses, Kansas is going to be ahead in the pecking order over Kansas. That's just how it's going to be. Anyone that thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.

Reaction Score

I once posted some negative comments about our realignment situation and was called a troll. My response was to explain my first UConn hoops game was vs some kid named Julius. My dad said he did not belong on the same court as these guys. I further explained my family had season hoops tickets since the mid 70's and we had season football tickets at Memorial stadium. I was down and angry over our predicament.

I agree with Fishy and Dooley. No where in your rantings do I see that you bleed Husky blue

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not to make fun of Louisville - they are easily the second-most popular athletic program in Kentuckiana.

But, unfortunately, they'll ultimately bear the yoke of having killed the ACC Network.

You just can't sell a network with schools that deliver half of one zip code in a backwater state.

Reaction Score
Your attempts to troll me by mocking Louisville are funny. Eh well, whatever. We're in, you're not, and you'll likely never be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom