Non-Key Tweets | Page 339 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The Northeast is there for the taking...haven't had a team that could really label themselves the premier team in the area since Matt Ryan ran up 10 and 11 win seasons about a decade ago.

UConn, Rutgers, BC all have that chance to take the reins and run...be that team.

No, they don't. That's the thing. Nobody can ever be that team. Not Notre Dame either. So if you want to capture the mind-share of the region, you need several teams. This is where the ACC totally screwed up, and what we hope the B1G is realizing.
The ACC had it...they really did. Had they taken UConn and Rutgers, plus BC and Syracuse and added the ND deal they'd have it as locked up as it could get. Instead they managed to lose DC and NYC, and have no useful footprint in Philly either. That's an enormous blunder.

Reaction Score
No, they don't. That's the thing. Nobody can ever be that team. Not Notre Dame either. So if you want to capture the mind-share of the region, you need several teams. This is where the ACC totally screwed up, and what we hope the B1G is realizing.
The ACC had it...they really did. Had they taken UConn and Rutgers, plus BC and Syracuse and added the ND deal they'd have it as locked up as it could get. Instead they managed to lose DC and NYC, and have no useful footprint in Philly either. That's an enormous blunder.

But, the do have Louisville, which gives them some basketball cred, the country's 50th largest TV market, and university sponsored prostitution :cool:

Reaction Score
This ^. The ACC really could and should have grabbed all 3 of SU, RU, and UConn when they went to 14, jumping straight to to 15, and then taking one last run at PSU, or taking WVU or Pitt as 16 after PSU declined. That locks up the NY/New England areas as much as it could have been locked up. Instead, they were so busy "protecting ACC territory from the B12" by taking Pitt (and thinking BC would be NE's team) - to quote Flipper, that they allowed the B1G to walk in their house and drop a deuce in their kitchen and dining room by getting RU and UMd.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This ^. The ACC really could and should have grabbed all 3 of SU, RU, and UConn when they went to 14, jumping straight to to 15, and then taking one last run at PSU, or taking WVU or Pitt as 16 after PSU declined. That locks up the NY/New England areas as much as it could have been locked up. Instead, they were so busy "protecting ACC territory from the B12" by taking Pitt (and thinking BC would be NE's team) - to quote Flipper, that they allowed the B1G to walk in their house and drop a deuce in their kitchen and dining room by getting RU and UMd.
Wait so Rutgers isn't a deuce in this scenario? That's weird. It sure has seemed like there's been a steaming pile of 'sheet' on the banks of the old Raritan this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

By be "that team", I meant being THE premier team of the northeast as I stated.

I wasn't talking market, loyalty of fans...I was talking about being known as the best football team in the region.

Right now, IMHO, that label is up for grabs.

Reaction Score
Some of my fellow fans on these boards don't like the fact that we may not be the first choice and the center of conference realignment. Unfortunately, I think our administration thinks like our fans and thus why they're not proactive in getting us out of this dump of a conference.

If you weren't a troll and really thought that about the administration you would really be a total idiot. So I'm hoping for you your life is just so horrific that you have nothing better to do than pretend to be someone you're not and troll internet discussion boards.

Reaction Score
When anyone else says what I'm saying, you all nod in agreement...but I'M the troll. Makes sense.

Reaction Score
What do you expect to be right about? That Oklahoma and Kansas may be taken ahead of UConn? That would surprise no one, especially since B12 dissolution / escape from grant of rights may require many B12 teams finding a home simultaneously.

We just think UConn is of comparable value and strategic relevance to the B1G. That doesn't mean it will be convenient to take us first.

But, what happens to Oklahoma St?

Reaction Score
I am inclined to think that if the Big 12 gets poached, the P5 pool will remain as is at 65, which would be bad for UCONN. If the Big 12 expands, the P5 pool likely expands which would be good for UCONN. In terms of expansion talk, UCONN is clearly a valuable national brand.
I also think there are two motives for CR - expansion for the greedy money grab which already went down, and realignment for the long-term good of the conferences. I tend to believe that no current/granfathered P5 programs will be left behind. Although a Big 12 shakeup may not help UCONN, I want to see something, anything happen for the sake of hope.

B12 expansion is not what I'd call good. I'd say B12 falling apart is much better for UConn.

Reaction Score
B12 expansion is not what I'd call good. I'd say B12 falling apart is much better for UConn.
How is the B12 falling apart good for UCONN? That puts 10 additional superior football programs ahead of UCONN for the P4.

Reaction Score
How is the B12 falling apart good for UCONN? That puts 10 additional superior football programs ahead of UCONN for the P4.

In this scenario, Best case we enter the BG1 or the ACC in a merga conference 20 team members. Worst case we pair up with the left over B12 members and form a new conference. Or worser case we end up where we are. Dooooooomed!

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State isn't some god awful program. I'm sure they'd end up in the SEC or maybe the PAC. The SEC took Mizzou and it's not like they were crushing it on the gridiron...decent, but certainly not the powerhouse of the BigXII at the time.

Reaction Score

Simple: because UConn isn't going to the B12. So B12 expansion doesn't help.

Instead, it shakes things up. Texas, Oklahoma, etc., will be looking for homes.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State isn't some god awful program. I'm sure they'd end up in the SEC or maybe the PAC. The SEC took Mizzou and it's not like they were crushing it on the gridiron...decent, but certainly not the powerhouse of the BigXII at the time.

You seem to have completely slept thru Pac12 expansion.

pj

Reaction Score
B12 expansion may make Texas and Oklahoma more likely to leave. It dilutes their conference. In the long run that may matter more than the slight uptick in money from a conference championship game.

Reaction Score
B12 expansion may make Texas and Oklahoma more likely to leave. It dilutes their conference. In the long run that may matter more than the slight uptick in money from a conference championship game.

Oklahoma is the school pushing expansion though.

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I was always under the impression that Oklahoma had Oklahoma State tied to their hip due to politics. Has that changed?

If so, Oklahoma State is not going to the Big 10 and neither will Oklahoma. If not, Oklahoma to the Big 10 is a distinct possibility although they would be appealing to the SEC and Pac 12 as well.

Texas ultimately will have to play ball and will look for the best house for them. Much like Miami, who years ago turned down a performance based comp plan from the Big East to go to the ACC and the safety of guaranteed income. Too many variables to think about until mid January when the deregulation vote comes.

Reaction Score
I think of all schools UT is intrigued by adding a school like Uconn.
That's not saying the good ole boys will pull the trigger but they have to consider it.
Not only because our Athletics ,Academics and our flagship status make us worthy.
We make the pond much bigger ,which makes the potential money much bigger.
They may currently get viewers from the northest but further
B1G and ACC exspansion into this void will make them less desirable
Big12 football in the NY area is a winner.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
I checked, it's been 56 posts since the last NKT.

Bringing back the Non-Key Tweets since post #8439

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire Dec 10

http://www.espn929.com/pages/22249015.php?contentType=4&contentId=18159841… As we @flugempire have passed along in last 60 days..B12 will make Expansion decision (yes) after Dereg vote - JAN

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Bringing back the Non-Key Tweets since post #8439

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire Dec 10

http://www.espn929.com/pages/22249015.php?contentType=4&contentId=18159841… As we @flugempire have passed along in last 60 days..B12 will make Expansion decision (yes) after Dereg vote - JAN

. . . and you can't have one without the other!

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17h17 hours ago

This article is important for 2 reasons: It shows the B12 is not yet off the fence on expansion & ....

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 17h17 hours ago

it shows solidarity between the B12, ACC & SEC. http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/SB-Blogs/On-The-Ground/2015/12/10-IAF-Wake-Up.aspx…

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom