no reason why UConn cant do it | The Boneyard

no reason why UConn cant do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is this based on the fact that this week's game starts out 0-0? Or are we basing that on the past (first 5 games) being prelude to the future? 10-2 sure does sound nice though.

Reaction Score
its based on me being able to tell the future. The fortune cookie said so.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Win these next two and I'll believe 8-4. Beat Louisville and I'll believe 9-3.
Beat Cincy and I'm on the 10-2 train.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We will win the BE and go 10-2 oveall.

So you make a prediction that UConn goes undefeated from this point forward, and your first "likes" are from HFD and me. Who would have guessed that! ;)

Reaction Score
1-0 this week. Has got to be. No other way. 1-0. There will be three ranked big east teams come december, and god damn it, we will be one of them. If I have to run out on the field with a cattle prod to get all 11 of these guys on offense to hit with some foulness, so be it. There's a lawyer around here that will defend me, and there's plenty of evidence of temporary insanity.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
1-0 this week. Has got to be. No other way. 1-0. There will be three ranked big east teams come december, and god damn it, we will be one of them. If I have to run out on the field with a cattle prod to get all 11 of these guys on offense to hit with some foulness, so be it. There's a lawyer around here that will defend me, and there's plenty of evidence of temporary insanity.

Temporary?

Reaction Score
You guys are so predictable. LOL.

I wouldn't recommend, sex, beer, and insanity for everyone, but they sure have worked well for me.

Reaction Score
You guys are so predictable. LOL.

I wouldn't recommend, sex, beer, and insanity for everyone, but they sure have worked well for me.

I thought it was a great line. Self depricating humor works more times than not.

Reaction Score
If I have to run out on the field with a cattle prod to get all 11 of these guys on offense to hit with some foulness, so be it.

Is that how Tom Landry used to do it in Dallas?

Reaction Score
Is that how Tom Landry used to do it in Dallas?

You're post reminds of this old timer clip - one of my fav's. Mad Dog Curtis and his discipline. The gap between genius and insanity is measured by success - goes one well known saying.

Mike Curtis is pretty darn successful guy. SO is Bill Curry. Both entered the NFL as OFFENSIVE players - Curry at Center - where he stayed, and Curtis at fullback - and was moved to linebacker.

I've talked with Bill Curry before. He said that one of the championship seasons the Colts had, was entirely because Curtis stood up in the locker room when the team was 3-3, and said that if he determines that anyone in the locker room wasn't going full speed and all out in everything, every day, from there on out - he would kick their ass, and it did happen to a player shortly thereafter, and not again, and they did win another title (they also happened to have Johnny Unitas playing QB).

Curry got tired of getting the snot beat out of him as a rookie with the packers, by Ray Nitschke, and during one pit drill, head butted him in the face mask has hard as he could, and smacked him with a forearm. Nitschke went to Lombardi after the play, and told him to keep Curry..."Coach, keep that guy, I think he just broke my jaw." Was essentially what Nitschke said.

I know - all of you think I'm full of . Go find out if it's true or not. Smashmouth is not play calling it's playing. It's an attitude.

I wish I could find the clip of Pierre Paul bleeding out all over himself from his mouth on Sunday night against the Eagles. I hate the eagles, but I respect that Andy Reid puts a smashmouth team on the field, each and every year. There's going to be no physical intimidation or sense of physical weakness evident in an Eagles team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom