shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Foxen is probably pumped.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
hahaha The fact that people are still getting upset over this season is great
Exactly. If your not watching strictly for the development of Jackson , CV and Jackson your delusional . Those three guys and the new additions for next season are all I care about .

Reaction Score
At this point they're going to have to hold tryouts for anyone on campus who is 6-6 or over.

Remember the year they needed another guard and they held a tryout and the French kid made the team? What was his name and what season was that? Kid actually played in a few games too.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Might have been worth while to recruit a full roster...
This is true but I've never seen a team with 3-5 injuries during a season . It's like we have three permanent injuries along with two weekly "floater" injuries . It's impossible if you combine it with youth .

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Might have been worth while to recruit a full roster...
For clarity: After Vital committed, we were expected to have 12 players for this year. With the one open scholarship we had left we went all guns blazing for Justin Jackson, who chose Maryland.

Sometime after that, Hamilton officially declared for the draft.

At that point we had two open scholarships and zero worthwhile targets left to go after. We could've gotten a Lubin-type player, but why do that when it's clear that kids like that are more prone to transferring?

Ollie pretty clearly intended to use every scholarship, but kids make decisions. Pretending this was some sort of negligence on the staff's part is pretty ridiculous.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
At this point in the season, any guy with a nagging injury is going to sit and heal up, I bet the staff sees no point in sending guys out there banged up just to lose to ECU.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
For clarity: After Vital committed, we were expected to have 12 players for this year. With the one open scholarship we had left we went all guns blazing for Justin Jackson, who chose Maryland.

At that point we had two open scholarships and zero worthwhile targets left to go after. We could've gotten a Lubin-type player, but why do that when it's clear that kids like that are more prone to transferring?

Ollie pretty clearly intended to use every scholarship, but kids make decisions. Pretending this was some sort of negligence on the staff's part is pretty ridiculous.
This is the third time we haven't had a full roster under Ollie FYI.

I agree with you, but you have to have plans B, C, and sometimes D.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So let me throw this out there, I have four years of eligibility. HMU KO.

Actually @Stairmaster should swing by KO's office tomorrow. Who knows right?

Reaction Score

It's pretty inexcusable, we never seem to have a full roster anymore.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
agreed, the lack of basketball experience from ollie, still being in the AAC on top of glen millers zones and uconns horrible scheduling has caught up to the bodies of these players... unbelievable ollie would let this happen!

Uh, no big man coach dude. If Clyde was here, Foxen puts up 18 and 9

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Are they out for rest of season??
My guess is Durham will be back soon, but Enoch will take longer. "Stress reactions" are bad things, especially for big dudes.

Reaction Score
My guess is Durham will be back soon, but Enoch will take longer. "Stress reactions" are bad things, especially for big dudes.

That was my thought. Whenever a walking boot is involved it's bad news.

Reaction Score
Sami Ameziani
Ah yes, that's it. Just looked it up and he actually only played 16 minutes all season. So I guess he didn't help much.

Connecticut - Season Statistics

Just looking at the roster, they didn't have very many ball handlers that season. Still won 23 games and got to the 2nd round of the NCAA Tournament (damn Julius Hodge). Of course they had 5 future NBA players on the roster. That helps.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom