Njoku to officially visit this w/e | The Boneyard

Njoku to officially visit this w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hey - even a courtesy/"favor" visit is good for the program and Coach BD. Hope we see some DN/BD pics as an aftermath :)

I totally agree. He should check us out and then go from there.

Reaction Score
Hey - how'd they get tickets??

WM.jpg

Reaction Score
Tempered enthusiasm on my part.

David_Njoku80Jan 16, 6:58pm via Instagram
Me and my boy head coach Urban Meyer just swanginn'#OhioState instagram.com/p/jP78lnS-nV/YZGjM

Hey - even a courtesy/"favor" visit is good for the program and Coach BD. Hope we see some DN/BD pics as an aftermath :)

It's more than just good, and it's something to be enthusiastic about. We need more and more recruits of this nature to make official visits (and unofficial visits) to UCONN. These are guys that have been to places like Ohio State right.....and when they come through UCONN and see that what we offer is equal, or better.........they talk to their friends, and to their coaches.....and the word spreads, of what exactly football is at UCONN......in reality, rather than whatever misconceived perceptions were out there.

Along the way, you land a couple of them to come play too.

Reaction Score
Njoku is interesting didn't have many offers back when he committed to RU but since the decommitment he's picked up a bunch of new interest, no offers but a lot of solid interest. Will be interesting to see who pulls the trigger on him in the coming weeks.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
How about Wingate, would love to see some activity with him too.

Reaction Score
Rumor is if Njoku is offered on his OSU visit, he will commit on the spot. I get that it is Ohio State, but I feel for kids who sometimes can't see they are a fall back option. Wish him the best. Real interested in the Wingate kid. Hope the transcript situation gets cleared up.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
next time theres an official visitor let me know and i'll bring them to nickel

Reaction Score

From Rivals;
Wingate has been committed to Stony Brook for several months now, but with UConn new to the chase, the talented athlete seems open to the potential opportunity.
"The visit was pretty good," said Wingate. "They're very interested and they want me to come for an official visit as soon as possible."
With only three official visit weekends remaining, Wingate's visit has hit a snag however.
"The problem is that my freshman and sophomore transcript I don't have yet from Bergen Catholic," said Wingate, which is where he started off his high school career.
So what is the next step for Wingate?
"To hurry and get this transcript issue over with so that I can go see how UConn is and how their new coaching staff is," said Wingate, who is 6-foot-3 and 170 pounds.

Reaction Score
From Rivals;
Wingate has been committed to Stony Brook for several months now, but with UConn new to the chase, the talented athlete seems open to the potential opportunity.
"The visit was pretty good," said Wingate. "They're very interested and they want me to come for an official visit as soon as possible."
With only three official visit weekends remaining, Wingate's visit has hit a snag however.
"The problem is that my freshman and sophomore transcript I don't have yet from Bergen Catholic," said Wingate, which is where he started off his high school career.
"To hurry and get this transcript issue over with so that I can go see how UConn is and how their new coaching staff is," said Wingate, who is 6-foot-3 and 170 pounds.

Ah, drew a blank. (Think Samuels from Miami has a issue as well).

StonyBrook doesn't require transcripts??

Reaction Score
Bergen Catholic?

somebody get Zeke on the phone to go make sure the secretaries are moving the paper piles. Sheesh.

Reaction Score
Only a guess, but sometimes Catholic schools dont release transcripts if there is a balance due on tuition.

Reaction Score
Only a guess, but sometimes Catholic schools dont release transcripts if there is a balance due on tuition.

Yup = As we know from the David Coggins Sacred Heart/Naugy debacle .:)

Reaction Score
From Rivals;
Ha - well Diaco is in NJ today - maybe he's going to the office to get them himself!

Can't you do a visit and a conditional offer based on limited information at hand awaiting finalization ?? or is it putting the cart before the horse because of academic concerns and proper qualifications etc??

Reaction Score
NCAA requirements as to an OFFICIAL visit

Before a prospect can make an official visit to an institution, the institution must receive the following
documentation:

A valid score from a PSAT, SAT, PLAN or ACT test.

A high school transcript.

Verification that the prospect has registered with the

NCAA Eligibility Center

NO documentation is required for an UNOFFICIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads