NJ LB Jazzmar Clax | Page 4 | The Boneyard

NJ LB Jazzmar Clax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What I think Palatine is trying to say is maybe PP is getting way to much credit to quickly. He had some head scratching moments this year that hopefully won't be repeated.

On paper he has a good looking group of recruits that could be special in a few years.

No one knows if his all NFL approach will work at the college level, or at least at UConn.

I for one hope it does. But let's not get too excited over 2* players who are almost 3* as posted in another thread. Not sure he was serious ...sure hope he wasn't.

I think we have a shot to be good very soon (probably the 2013) but PP has some work to do. Let's not rush to judgement in either direction.

Coach P getting too much credit for what? What the hell are you talking about?

I'm excited about a class of defensive backs and linebackers that actually you know, look like linebackers and defensive backs that should be on the field for 1-A program. I'm excited about some players come in with significant playing experience beyond high school, to fill in this roster that was swiss cheese. I'm excited about having an offensive system that is going to actually try to play the game of football to the full potential it can be played on offense. Instead of being worried sick about losing Teggart, I'm excited to be bringing in one of the best high school kickers in the country.

I don't give a about recruiting website stars. Sooner or later, the stars on those websites will start to increase, because more UConn fans will sign up for memberships to those websites. That's all you need to know about recruiting stars.

I'm more than excited for football in September opening up with a game against UMass, that I'm looking to beat the snot out them, and I'm looking forward to a trip to Maryland for obvious reasons and kickign the out of them, and looking forward to some serious frigging payback against WMU, and getting to the Big EAst season with a winning record, and then a great big east season.

What NFL approach? Can you possibly be talking x's and o's? going to a pro-style offense won't help recruiting players that are you know actually capable of, and want to play offense in the NFL? I don't think you have a clue as to what the spread offenses in college are doing to offenses in the NFL. NFL scouts are starved for players that can come out of college and be ready to play the style of offense needed in the NFL.

Go talk to Kendall Reyes, and see what a professional approach to the game of football has done to his pass rush skills and his ability to potentially have a career at the next level. Go talk to Trevardo Williams, or any of our linebackers and DBs and see what a professional approach to the defensive side of the ball has done for them.

You really think that Coach P doesn't know he's got work to do?

Oh my lord, what the hell is going on today? We have a signign day event tomorrow at Rentschler field that is now full capacity of 1,000 people and closed doors, we have been actively recruiting a class of both high school seniors, and players wiht post high school playing experience ot fill in this swiss chees roster, that is close to, if not the largest we've ever had, we've got a stable full of linebackers, and defensive backs, and lineman, that actually you know, actually look like D-1A players coming in from high school. WE've got quarterbacks, that you know, actually do the thing with the ball called 'throwing' well. We've got a stable full of receivers coming in that all are you know, significantly above 6 feet tall without 2 inch spikes on and have the thing you actually look for in receivers - the track record of actually CATCHING lots of balls.

Unfrigging believable, when you look at our recievers, and who's been successful and who's not, there's a funny thing about it, you go back and look what they did prior to catching balls in college, - they actually caught a whole tload of balls in high school or after high school.

But, Carl....I don't see any change in the program....how do we know anything good is going to happen....

Back in my day, we had a saying for the type of complainging and useless, and most importantly MEANINGLESS and WRONG bitching I"m reading today online....

I have read all kinds of complaining today, that can be summed up in one single response.....

"Wah. wah....my hurts."

(P.S. sorry if the locker room talk is offensive to anyone)

BUT - enough of this crap, I"m out of here for today, and psyched for tomorrow.

and again, I"ll I've got to say the negative energy all over the place I'm reading...

Instead of complaining, just say...

"wah wah, my hurts."

Reaction Score
Coach P getting too much credit for what? What the hell are you talking about?

I'm excited about a class of defensive backs and linebackers that actually you know, look like linebackers and defensive backs that should be on the field for 1-A program. I'm excited about some players come in with significant playing experience beyond high school, to fill in this roster that was swiss cheese. I'm excited about having an offensive system that is going to actually try to play the game of football to the full potential it can be played on offense. Instead of being worried sick about losing Teggart, I'm excited to be bringing in one of the best high school kickers in the country.

I don't give a about recruiting website stars. Sooner or later, the stars on those websites will start to increase, because more UConn fans will sign up for memberships to those websites. That's all you need to know about recruiting stars.

I'm more than excited for football in September opening up with a game against UMass, that I'm looking to beat the snot out them, and I'm looking forward to a trip to Maryland for obvious reasons and kickign the out of them, and looking forward to some serious frigging payback against WMU, and getting to the Big EAst season with a winning record, and then a great big east season.

What NFL approach? Can you possibly be talking x's and o's? going to a pro-style offense won't help recruiting players that are you know actually capable of, and want to play offense in the NFL? I don't think you have a clue as to what the spread offenses in college are doing to offenses in the NFL. NFL scouts are starved for players that can come out of college and be ready to play the style of offense needed in the NFL.

Go talk to Kendall Reyes, and see what a professional approach to the game of football has done to his pass rush skills and his ability to potentially have a career at the next level. Go talk to Trevardo Williams, or any of our linebackers and DBs and see what a professional approach to the defensive side of the ball has done for them.

You really think that Coach P doesn't know he's got work to do?

Oh my lord, what the hell is going on today? We have a signign day event tomorrow at Rentschler field that is now full capacity of 1,000 people and closed doors, we have been actively recruiting a class of both high school seniors, and players wiht post high school playing experience ot fill in this swiss chees roster, that is close to, if not the largest we've ever had, we've got a stable full of linebackers, and defensive backs, and lineman, that actually you know, actually look like D-1A players coming in from high school. WE've got quarterbacks, that you know, actually do the thing with the ball called 'throwing' well. We've got a stable full of receivers coming in that all are you know, significantly above 6 feet tall without 2 inch spikes on and have the thing you actually look for in receivers - the track record of actually CATCHING lots of balls.

Unfrigging believable, when you look at our recievers, and who's been successful and who's not, there's a funny thing about it, you go back and look what they did prior to catching balls in college, - they actually caught a whole tload of balls in high school or after high school.

But, Carl....I don't see any change in the program....how do we know anything good is going to happen....

Back in my day, we had a saying for the type of complainging and useless, and most importantly MEANINGLESS and WRONG bitching I"m reading today online....

I have read all kinds of complaining today, that can be summed up in one single response.....

"Wah. wah....my hurts."

(P.S. sorry if the locker room talk is offensive to anyone)

BUT - enough of this crap, I"m out of here for today, and psyched for tomorrow.

and again, I"ll I've got to say the negative energy all over the place I'm reading...

Instead of complaining, just say...

"wah wah, my hurts."

Thanks for preaching...now go finish that Ilovepaul.com website

Reaction Score
The new staff made the decsion to throw everything at them instead of drips and drabs , we were told this last spring. You are going to get what we saw on all three phases of the game because of it. It was their choice. Expect things to be better the next time around especially with increased competition all over the field.

Reaction Score
Carl....

Just because you write a book every time you post doesn't mean you know what the hell your talking about.

You haven't been around here the last 10 years when RE got virtually no credit for anything he did by a certain group on here.

As a matter of fact RE is still getting blamed for everything around here that doesn't go right.

The defense had 9 returning starters from a good defense and Brown (who the players love) appeared to go with a whole new style instead of a transition year.

Guess what? Now the problem is Randy's fault for not building depth. Yeesh.....

Again, you haven't been around here to know what I speak of. You are not alone by the way as there appears to be quite a bit of newbies on here claiming to have a clue.

Have you noticed there are about 10-15 regular posters on here. The old timers have been smart enough to stay away. I should probably join them.

As for the remark...*k you, know it all.

Reaction Score
Carl, first off, that was friggin' long. second off, you really need to reign in your need to correct every putz on the internet that you don't agree with. otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts. i find it's easier if i try to convey a realistic vision of who i'm talking to. more often than not it's someone you wouldn't bother arguing with in real life. would you ever let yourself get worked up over a debate at the supermarket with a 12 year old about why cookie crisp is better than fruit loops? or would you ever argue with a 90 year old codger about why electricity is better than candles? more often than not that's probably similar to what's happening. you just have to accept the difference in opinion and move on.

Reaction Score
Carl, first off, that was friggin' long. second off, you really need to reign in your need to correct every putz on the internet that you don't agree with. otherwise you'll drive yourself nuts. i find it's easier if i try to convey a realistic vision of who i'm talking to. more often than not it's someone you wouldn't bother arguing with in real life. would you ever let yourself get worked up over a debate at the supermarket with a 12 year old about why cookie crisp is better than fruit loops? or would you ever argue with a 90 year old codger about why electricity is better than candles? more often than not that's probably similar to what's happening. you just have to accept the difference in opinion and move on.

Fruit Loops is much better...I am sure you agree?
And candles def. have cost benefit over electricity and are making a comeback - have you been to Yankee Candle lately? Place is packed!

Reaction Score
growing up we had a saying, "fruit loops are for jerks." as for electricity vs. candles, my personal belief is that the sun gives us all the light we need. there's no need for either of them so it's kind of a trick question

Reaction Score
growing up we had a saying, "fruit loops are for jerks." as for electricity vs. candles, my personal belief is that the sun gives us all the light we need. there's no need for either of them so it's kind of a trick question
good one -
only if you dont want to see at night~

is there a difference between arguing and discussing, and which are we doing?

Reaction Score
It's called DEPTH man. If you don't have it and your thin at the skill positions...that is exactly what can happen to you when you lose a few guys for whatever reason! ...and YES...creating depth is a coach's responsibility!!

As a side note...who knows what J. Todman would have done if he had known that Randy wasn't coming back. For Edsall to put Todman on the spot to announce his future plans to his teammates PRIOR to Edsall doing the same several hours later...was just plain wrong! How much of a role did Edsall play in convincing Todman that he should leave the program and go pro, when Edsall knew he was leaving the program too?

According to everything we know, none. Todman's family and friends were telling the world he was going pro midway through the damn season.

There is more than enough to validly criticize Edsall for that you would think that rational people would stop making crap up.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
First off, it's Froot Loops, not Fruit Loops.

You all lose all credibility right then and there.

Second, Cookie Crisp was okay, but if you ate too much of it, it would scrape up the roof of your mouth. Not as bad as Honeycombs, though, that s*** was like eating coral.

Reaction Score

Second, Cookie Crisp was okay, but if you ate too much of it, it would scrape up the roof of your mouth. Not as bad as Honeycombs, though, that s*** was like eating coral.

My bad on the spellling...I wont fix it though! If I lose the cred because of that, so be it, and you are right about the Honeycombs.

Reaction Score
According to everything we know, none. Todman's family and friends were telling the world he was going pro midway through the damn season.

There is more than enough to validly criticize Edsall for that you would think that rational people would stop making crap up.

Wow...you must have had a bad day!! If you had accurately READ the comment, you would have seen that is in question format, not statement format! And therefore, no crap was made up! Also... from your statement, "According to everything we know, none." ...I guess you were in on ALL of the Edsall-Todman conversations too! What a source you are!!

Reaction Score
2Infinity......

I'm going to let you in on a secret but you gotta promise not to tell anyone.

There are a few people on this board who have knowledge of certain situations but they don't share it on this or any other board. I'm not talking about Bizlaw (or maybe I am) just general statement.

Lighten up.

Reaction Score
Wow...you must have had a bad day!! If you had accurately READ the comment, you would have seen that is in question format, not statement format! And therefore, no crap was made up! Also... from your statement, "According to everything we know, none." ...I guess you were in on ALL of the Edsall-Todman conversations too! What a source you are!!

Dude -- you are asking a question that the facts long ago answered, and you're doing it to try to make a point in conjunctions with your criticisms of Edsall. I've apologized for being overly harsh recently. But that is not a fair post and fully deserves my response.

Reaction Score
Anyone who even considers posting about Edsall v. Pasqualoni...

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Reaction Score
Dude -- you are asking a question that the facts long ago answered, and you're doing it to try to make a point in conjunctions with your criticisms of Edsall. I've apologized for being overly harsh recently. But that is not a fair post and fully deserves my response.

I happen to have liked Randy Edsall and what he accomplished here. I appreciate the contributions he made to our program. At the same time, that doesn't mean he's beyond reproach for the actions he took...or did not take. That was my main point in that response, that he could have developed a deeper team, especially at the skill positions. I think he did leave us thin. I also understand that you can't anticipate every scenario, such as Robbie Frey not being able to come back. But you can build depth in the key positions, to be prepared for the unexpected. He secured exactly one RB in each of his last two seasons recruiting for us. If he indeed knew halfway through the season that Todman was leaving, as you suggest, then why would he not have made it a priority to get at least one more RB in order to add some depth? That is all BL...enough about our past recruiting... time to enjoy our what we reap tomorrow!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm going to let you in on a secret but you gotta promise not to tell anyone.

There are a few people on this board who have knowledge of certain situations but they don't share it on this or any other board. I'm not talking about Bizlaw (or maybe I am) just general statement.

And they also like to drop cryptic little hints. Makes 'em feel like a big shot. Of course, I'm not talking about anyone specifically.

Reaction Score
If he indeed knew halfway through the season that Todman was leaving, as you suggest, then why would he not have made it a priority to get at least one more RB in order to add some depth?

He did. Shoemate separated his shoulder. P decided not to play any of the other RBs on the roster, there are other RBs on the roster.

Reaction Score
How's this for star ratings? Just goes to show you they don't mean too much. This is the 2011 All-Big East team and their recruit grades.

C Moe Petrus, Connecticut. The best center in the Big East was unranked and had no scouts grade when he signed with UConn in 2007.
K Dave Teggart, Connecticut. Teggart was ranked the No. 25 kicker in the class of 2007.

Defense

DL Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati. Wolfe was unranked at his position in the class of 2008 and got a scout grade of 40. Four years later, he was the co-Big East Defensive Player of the Year.

DL Kendall Reyes, Connecticut. Reyes also was unranked in his position in the class of 2007 with a scout grade of 40. Believe it or not, he came into UConn at 220 pounds (he's now around 300) and now has a shot to be a mid-round draft pick.

Reaction Score
Just threw wolfe in there too because he is considered a pretty good NFL prospect as well, and just like Reyes a guy that was unranked.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Being a 2 star or unranked doesn't mean much but being a 3, 4 or 5 star typically does mean something. There are just too many recruits to be thoroughly evaluated. But the ones that do get the high rankings probably deserve them in most cases. The average 3 star is probably better than the average 2 star. The average 4 star is probably better than the average 3 star and so on.

Reaction Score
And they also like to drop cryptic little hints. Makes 'em feel like a big shot. Of course, I'm not talking about anyone specifically.

Here's a cryptic clue for you. You're a wierd little loner who needs to find a friend. Back to your Xbox and let up on the stalking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom