NJ LB Jazzmar Clax | Page 2 | The Boneyard

NJ LB Jazzmar Clax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'll say it......on paper, disappointing end to this year's recruiting cycle. I'm guessing Morgan is going to SU cuz it doesn't seem like there's any room left.

If he wants to come here, he will, and Coach P will find a spot for him. Still think there is room. The team lost a bunch of guys during the coaching shuffle.

Reaction Score
care to expand on that with additional information BNich???

Reaction Score
care to expand on that with additional information BNich???

They added 4 transfers and have right around 25 commits right now. When Coach P came in, they lost a couple of commits and a number of guys transferred, 1 QB, 3 WR, 1 RB. They didn't have a full recruiting class last year. Ithink they have room, and their offers to Brodie and Morgan still stand I believe hoping they can bring them in on Signing day if not the next two days before Feb 1.

Just remembered Difton transferred/left the program as well. AJ Portee also transferred. 7 transfers that I can find. Plus a less than full recruiting class, I think there are spots left. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
BNich, if it’s ok with you, let’s wait until Thursday morning to talk about the real numbers, and I agree, of course Coach P can and will always find room...

Reaction Score
BNich, if it’s ok with you, let’s wait until Thursday morning to talk about the real numbers, and I agree, of course Coach P can and will always find room...

I agree man. Hoping for some surprises come signing day as well. You never know and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I have faith that Coach P knows what he is doing. Of the guys that have committed Sylva seems very excited and can't wait to make it official, same thing with Puyol. I want more kids with that mind set of coming to UConn and making a difference. The program is on an uptick IMO. I can't wait for spring ball and next season.

Nothing is official until Feb 1. And many things can change, I do agree with you Lewconn.

Reaction Score

Agree totally bro...

Reaction Score
Rivals has Clax as having offers from MD, AR St, Minn, and Rutgers. Were any of those "committable" offers? Supposedly Rutgers was a preffered walk on so I'm not sure about the rest.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I know nothing is official and set in stone, but I prefer to think optimistically rather than pessimistically.

Remember players that already signed and those that transferred don't count against the 25 Uconn can bring in with this class.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think we have 3 or 4 slots left. if the texas kid is sship which i thought he was then we have 3 slots left. hope we can land atleast 1 of liddell/morgan/brodie/giacone.

Reaction Score
Rivals has Clax as having offers from MD, AR St, Minn, and Rutgers. Were any of those "committable" offers? Supposedly Rutgers was a preffered walk on so I'm not sure about the rest.

My understanding is he slept too long on the MD offer, and had his Arizona State offer rescinded after Erickson was fired.

Reaction Score
Remember players that already signed and those that transferred don't count against the 25 Uconn can bring in with this class.

That's good news. I did not know that. Thanks!

Reaction Score
. The program is on an uptick IMO.

We went from 8-4 and the Fiesta Bowl to 5-7 and a home loss to a MAC school for the first time since joining the Big East. Uptick? Really?

Reaction Score
We went from 8-4 and the Fiesta Bowl to 5-7 and a home loss to a MAC school for the first time since joining the Big East. Uptick? Really?

BL...please! You're normally a very good poster...someone I look forward to reading. Typically you make thoughtful and well-thought out contributions! At the same time however, you complain about the constant comparisons made to the RE era. Yet, here you are INVITING such a discussion.

The reason(s) why the record didn't equal or surpass last year's has been discussed and rehashed numerous times. Do you really want to start another discussion about RE leaving the cupboards bare in the skill positions, etc?? If so, please don't complain about these discussions and comparisons in the future! As for your insightful and interesting posts, please keep those coming!

Reaction Score
BL...please! You're normally a very good poster...someone I look forward to reading. Typically you make thoughtful and well-thought out contributions! At the same time however, you complain about the constant comparisons made to the RE era. Yet, here you are INVITING such a discussion.

The reason(s) why the record didn't equal or surpass last year's has been discussed and rehashed numerous times. Do you really want to start another discussion about RE leaving the cupboards bare in the skill positions, etc?? If so, please don't complain about these discussions and comparisons in the future! As for your insightful and interesting posts, please keep those coming!

What does the word uptick mean?

Reaction Score
It means a small increase. And he said in his opinion, UConn is on the uptick. I think that's a fair opinion. Certainly not outrageous. Come back at the end of 2012 and tell him if he was right or wrong.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
the more you guys just bs around and not enjoy stuff, the less ppl that are going to stick around on here and enjoy talking about uconn football. i always thought the goal was to increase the fanbase and be excited about new members here that are also husky fans like us, the more the better right? you wonder why other fanbases laugh at this group? who cares wtf uptick means to you BL(sorry to make you a example but...) and everyone is free to his/her opinion just like i'm sure some of you dont like what i ahve to say. all the small ball talk around here just quietly keeps ppl away from posting. this board was really lacking anything uconn football. so i'm trying to post most of the stuff i used to look up/read about recruit wise and i see several others have joined in and are enjoying it also. i hope more join in and it gets to be a normal thing around here. its not hard to do and if your a fan of that type of stuff its enjoyable. if you look at any other board, there are 100's of ppl doing this and they all enjoy it togther as a fanbase on that board. i know this fanbase of hardcore ppl that would be on a site like this is still small and developing but lets make it a little more easy for ppl to feel that they should join instead of being so dam tuff on ppl that have different opinions or dont speak the message board lingo right away. there are many lurkers out there that im sure just watch some of these threads and go wtf. end rant, sorry.

oh and all the guy was saying was that this program was on the rise but instead we went the RE route and blah blah. just dumb stuff...

Reaction Score

I believe the reference is to our recruiting. Being involved with higher ranked recruits is an encouraging sign for the future. Additionally, not being afraid to offer guys who look like long shots today, could begin to pay dividends tomorrow. By doing so, you might get surprised early on with an acceptance, but at the very least, you're program won't be a stranger to the more highly ranked recruits in the future. It's just one way to begin raising your program's profile in the eyes of future recruits.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Of course we're on an uptick. We were 5-7 with a home loss to a MAC team...

Reaction Score
The beauty of getting excited over recruits is that it lets you get pumped up for the future, not lament the past.

Way off track here. Welcome, Jazmarr!

Reaction Score
Of course we're on an uptick. We were 5-7 with a home loss to a MAC team...

Year before we lost to a MAC team as well as losing a game we had no business losing to the last place team in the Big East, that won no other conference that year. I wonder if UMD fans noticed any "upticks" with their team, under their first year coach.

Reaction Score
By the way, I'm excited about this kid. Looks like a real thumper. The word on him was that he needed to "tighten" up his body a bit, but you see the instincts, and explosiveness in highlights. A redshirt year in Jerry Martin's program will do him wonders.

Reaction Score
I guess when you only focus on that one word you can have it serve whatever purpose you want now can't you. When you actually read the statement in it's full context you would he was referring to the recruiting. The whole conversation leading to that statement was centered around the recruits. The statement he made had absolutley nothing to do with our record from the past two seasons.

I believe the programs on an uptick as well; we had an expected set back year, the coaches are bringing in a different type of recruit than we have had in the past (I don't think even you could dispute that), and that causes me to be a bit optimistic given the changes to the schemes we saw in year one without one player that was recruited for these systems. Can that opinion change? Sure it can! If the team comes out in the spring game and demonstrates the ineptitude they did last year, mine will change a little. But I will still be optimistic with what appears on paper to be the best freshman class in our D-1 history coming that we are on the uptick as a program. While we may not be winning many of the battles I feel that at least we are in the fight for them now. More talented players will breed more talented players for the program, in other words talent likes to be around talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom