Nike Contract | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nike Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I remember back in the early/mid 90's soccer wore Adidas cleats (not sure about the rest of the uni's). Not sure how long that lasted for.
That was most likely when Nike had personal contracts with Calhoun and Geno. That was the norm until Adidas gave a few schools school wide contracts...Tennessee being one of the original group. After that Nike and Reebok started doing the same.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Michigan just announced that they have signed a deal with Nike through 2027 with a school option through 2031. Financials were not available and won't be until next week. Michigan was previously signed with Adidias and will remain with them through the 2015-2016 school year.

Reaction Score
Michigan just announced that they have signed a deal with Nike through 2027 with a school option through 2031. Financials were not available and won't be until next week. Michigan was previously signed with Adidias and will remain with them through the 2015-2016 school year.

Nike and Under Armour are eating Adidias' lunch money and then going to their home and eating their dinner, too.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't know if they're eating adidas' lunch or if adidas has just come to the realization that paying a college program $10,000,000 a year to wear their football and basketball jerseys is a dud of a business model.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Wasn't Michigan originally with Nike anyway?

I'd prefer UConn to stay with Nike, but if UA offers more, than take it.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Wasn't Michigan originally with Nike anyway?

I'd prefer UConn to stay with Nike, but if UA offers more, than take it.

Yes, they were. Adidas wooed Michigan with a huge chunk of change and the guarantee that they would be the highest paid school for the length of the contract. Nike "trademarked/copyrighted" the maize color before we left them. The horrible highlighter yellow was Adidias' color for our uniforms.

Here is an example:

compare.jpg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yes, they were. Adidas wooed Michigan with a huge chunk of change and the guarantee that they would be the highest paid school for the length of the contract. Nike "trademarked/copyrighted" the maize color before we left them. The horrible highlighter yellow was Adidias' color for our uniforms.

Here is an example:

compare.jpg

Had no idea a company could copyright a color haha. The original certainly looks a lot better.

I would imagine Nike would want to retain UConn, especially after going through the rebrand.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I liked the uniforms we had before the rebranding. But I think these are pretty cool. The helmet is definitely better...it was cool to ask the kids about what they thought at the bbq. They all said there is a 3rd jersey they couldn't talk about in detail that we will see this year.

ECU game perhaps??? Could be the game of the year there. I stress...."could". Seeing as it is 10/30, maybe NIKE made the logo slightly ferocious looking? All gray? The uni's that have been produced on this board blow away anything that Phil's company has produced.

Reaction Score
Had no idea a company could copyright a color haha. The original certainly looks a lot better.

I would imagine Nike would want to retain UConn, especially after going through the rebrand.

CornHusk - I realize this is OT. It is extremely difficult to trademark a color but (for example) Owens Corning trademarked pink for its Fiberglas insulation. To illustrate the difficulty to trademark color, Sweet & Low tried to trademark pink for its artificial sweetener packaging but they did NOT get the trademark.

Reaction Score
Or the Starter basketball gear from 1993-4?

Starter was less of a surprise as the company has CT roots (New Haven) and it is a sports company versus a teen fashion label.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
"ENOUGH ABOUT UCONN...

I FOUND ANOTHER ARTICLE ABOUT FLORIDA STATE!"

Hey! I found a FSU article too! http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...b-deandre-johnson-who-allegedly-punched-woman

Poor kid. Probably didn't read the the FSU Student Code of Conduct, where it clearly states...

1. Never smack your B1tch and/or Ho on camera.

I mean, it's the first rule for a reason! There's nothing good ol' boy Jimbo and the TPD can do when the assault/rape/smackin' is caught on tape.

Aside: how long before this kid ends up at Louisville??

Reaction Score
Hey! I found a FSU article too! http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...b-deandre-johnson-who-allegedly-punched-woman

Poor kid. Probably didn't read the the FSU Student Code of Conduct, where it clearly states...

1. Never smack your B1tch and/or Ho on camera.

I mean, it's the first rule for a reason! There's nothing good ol' boy Jimbo and the TPD can do when the assault/rape/smackin' is caught on tape.

Aside: how long before this kid ends up at Louisville??

Let's be serious. If the kid was as good as Winston they would have found a way to keep him. I guarantee Billy would have come in here and would have said the girl started it.

Reaction Score
Let's be serious. If the kid was as good as Winston they would have found a way to keep him. I guarantee Billy would have come in here and would have said the girl started it.

They kept it under wraps for three weeks while they decided. . .

Reaction Score
"ENOUGH ABOUT UCONN...

I FOUND ANOTHER ARTICLE ABOUT FLORIDA STATE!"
Thanks for keeping me updated on the shill I put on ignore...i miss his propaganda.

Last edited:

APA

Reaction Score
Michigan just changed its apparel supplier and has signed with Nike. The university will receive 122 million dollars for 11 years to wear Nike. There is then a 4 year option for 47 million. Plus the school gets a 15% royalty on all Michigan apparel sales.

Reaction Score
Michigan just changed its apparel supplier and has signed with Nike. The university will receive 122 million dollars for 11 years to wear Nike. There is then a 4 year option for 47 million. Plus the school gets a 15% royalty on all Michigan apparel sales.

You'll be pleasantly surprised as to why UCONN's negotiations are on hold. Think of the process that our spray tan friends to the south followed...

Reaction Score
I'm sure once the Nation Championships start rolling in this year, Nike among others will be throwing money at us to get their logo on our jerseys

Reaction Score
There has been a thread in the Conference Realignment Board about this since July 1:
http://the-boneyard.com/threads/nike-contract.78291/

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
You'll be pleasantly surprised as to why UCONN's negotiations are on hold. Think of the process that our spray tan friends to the south followed...

What do you know? I think you posted here a few days ago that the Big12 was not an option.

Reaction Score
What do you know? I think you posted here a few days ago that the Big12 was not an option.
UCONN's Nike contract ends in 2018 WestHartHusk...I don't think he knows anything

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Then Rumrunner and his ilk are lucky I don't run this site because I would ban these fake insiders...have we not suffered enough yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom