Nike Contract | The Boneyard

Nike Contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The 10 year/$46 million contract UCONN has with Nike ends in 2018 ( http://articles.courant.com/2008-06-25/news/ctuconntrustees0625.art_1_hathaway-nike-geno-auriemma). Adidas has taken a HUGE hit losing ND, Michigan and now Tennessee in the last 18 months (ND to Under Armour, Michigan and Temnessee to Nike) and Nick Carparelli for Sr Associate Commissioner of the AAC and BE (and CT native) is now the Sr Director of College Sports at UA. UCONN should be in a good position for some very competitive bids come 2018.

Reaction Score
When it comes to uniforms Under Armor has the upper hand over Nike. Once the contract is up, UConn should sign a contract with UA and see what kind of uniforms they can come up with.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Help me understand this - how is it UA makes UConn gear? Does Nike sublicense to them?

thumb.aspx

Reaction Score
Cincinnati just changed from Adidas to Under Armour as well.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Help me understand this - how is it UA makes UConn gear? Does Nike sublicense to them?

thumb.aspx
From what I understand, Nike has the right of first refusal to produce apparel and if they pass then it goes to other suppliers. Or Nike only chooses a certain number of designs to produce and all others get opened up to other licensees.

When the AD made the KO throwback jerseys, Nike passed and they were produced by champion instead (that's how it was explained to me I believe).

Reaction Score

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Except adidas. Never go with adidas.

Actually didn't we have something with Adidas for awhile. I've got some UConn Adidas stuff... might have just been with the soccer team.

Reaction Score
The new uniforms are nice ...the helmets are a HUGE improvement over the original dog helmets...talked o the kids at the season ticket holder bbq and they all really like the new uniforms
http://www.uconnhuskies.com/view.gal?id=179378
Was the goal to display that awesome diagonal red stripe on the sleeve or the tattoo?
I wish they would do away with the red and just go blue & white, and blue pants only.
I don't see anything special about the uni's.

Reaction Score
"ENOUGH ABOUT UCONN...

I FOUND ANOTHER ARTICLE ABOUT FLORIDA STATE!"

Another troll... The truth is you can't trust him to be anything but a troll - that way you're never be surprised or let down.

Reaction Score
I am what I am....

An FSU fan...and when I discuss football it is often in that context....but Nike is very protective...my example of that was one with which I am familiar. Nike has the bucks...but the strings are long.

Reaction Score
Was the goal to display that awesome diagonal red stripe on the sleeve or the tattoo?
I wish they would do away with the red and just go blue & white, and blue pants only.
I don't see anything special about the uni's.
I liked the uniforms we had before the rebranding. But I think these are pretty cool. The helmet is definitely better...it was cool to ask the kids about what they thought at the bbq. They all said there is a 3rd jersey they couldn't talk about in detail that we will see this year.

Reaction Score
Actually didn't we have something with Adidas for awhile. I've got some UConn Adidas stuff... might have just been with the soccer team.
I remember back in the early/mid 90's soccer wore Adidas cleats (not sure about the rest of the uni's). Not sure how long that lasted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom