Nice to see Olander reads the Yard | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nice to see Olander reads the Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I'm not an athlete and I don't ahve a twitter account. It is literally the worst application of technology ever thought of - and that includes the fart app.
There's a fart app?

Reaction Score
Adversity does not build character...it reveals it. (as we have all heard at one time or another but is true)

This group of players has to take on the challenge (and more importantly, deal with the high expectations placed on them) and respond like we all believe that they are capable of...I think that is where most of the acrimony is coming from with the fanbase (well, the true fans anyway).

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
well those fake ass fans are the ones pulling them through home games, sorry we can't give you some heart and courage when you're on the road, you're going to have to search within

grow up

Reaction Score
These kids live to play basketball. To keep saying that they are disinterested and don't care is a convenient excuse to dump on the players. There are other far, far more likely reasons that they have been having difficulty. Just think about it, how likely is it that these kids just don't really care how they do or how the team does? Does that make any sense at all?

The people on this forum who feel the need to get tough on the internet with the players of the team that they are fans of should ask themselves "Do you really believe that calling our players names and talking about them like they are gutless, apathetic wusses is somehow going to help?"
No it's not a convenient excuse it's be truth. How else do you explain giving up 15 offensive boards a game. Not boxing out from disinterested play. There's a differce between being bad and being lazy. We are the latter. We have some flaws but a team with this much talent doesn't blow a 17 point lead to UCF or get destroyed by rutgers an seton hall in the same week or lose every close game. It all points to lazy sloppy uninspired play. Every D1 player makes pretty much the same commitment so going by your theory there hasn't been a single disinterested d1 college player. Fairly sure that's not the case.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I actually agree with Tyler. I wouldn't have posted that on my twitter, but his point was valid.

The majority of our fan base is fair weather, ultra critical and forget that these our Huskies and 18-22 year old kids and not professional athletes.

Reaction Score
These kids live to play basketball. To keep saying that they are disinterested and don't care is a convenient excuse to dump on the players. There are other far, far more likely reasons that they have been having difficulty. Just think about it, how likely is it that these kids just don't really care how they do or how the team does? Does that make any sense at all?

The people on this forum who feel the need to get tough on the internet with the players of the team that they are fans of should ask themselves "Do you really believe that calling our players names and talking about them like they are gutless, apathetic wusses is somehow going to help?"

NBA players live to play basketball too. Are you saying all of them are completely interested at all times as well. That's the worst argument I've ever read. I do agree that we have many other problems as well but to say we give maximum effort or are always fully engaged is a joke

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
You argue that they are lazy and disinterested because they are lazy and disinterested. Or that they must be lazy because someone somewhere may have played a game of basketball without caring about it.

I think that it is obvious that the kids on this team want to win and to do their best. Wanting to does not tell them how to do it. They are playing teams that are all more experienced than they are. They have no clear and experienced leader on the team. These kids have seen one player carry the weight of leadership in a way that has never been done here before. Having watched Kemba do it does not somehow transfer the hard won confidence of Kemba over to the others. These kids have to struggle to learn how to win and to not get discouraged or feel defeated. They have to fight through it and learn to battle and focus and box out and remember plays and stay in front of their man and take only good shots and play aggressively without making mistakes in front of 20,000 people and Jim Calhoun ready to tear you a new one. Easy for a freshman or sophomore (or junior) in college?

This team may be beginning to learn how to really dig deep rather than just expecting it to somehow happen or to have Kemba re-appear. They are not going to become our '99 or '04 team this year no matter how much talent we think they have. Remember how the '04 team did not have a Ben Gordon playing like a real star until Emeka was out and either he did it or that team was done heading into the BET. He was a junior then. Caron Butler found it in the second half of his sophomore year, but he was about 2 years older than his class if I recall correctly. Only Khalid was able to come in as a freshman and really lead a team at a high level. He was one of a kind.

Andre Drummond is a kid with tremendous potential, but he is a super nice kid who really has to learn how to be really tough and mean and relentless. That is just not his nature. Let's hope we get to see him when the light bulb turns on and stays on. We saw it start to come on for a little while against SU.

This team can get a lot better and it may well not come together this year. But to call them lazy just does not fit.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
NBA players live to play basketball too. Are you saying all of them are completely interested at all times as well. That's the worst argument I've ever read. I do agree that we have many other problems as well but to say we give maximum effort or are always fully engaged is a joke

Would you please just stfu.

Considering you have absolutely no way to quantify your argument, just stop.

I can't prove they are trying either, but I chose to think the same group that won a BE Title and NCAA Title are probably busting their asses out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom