Nice to see Olander reads the Yard | The Boneyard

Nice to see Olander reads the Yard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A tweet to Alex -

Through this losing stretch weve had all Ive come to learn is #huskynation is smaller then i thought #fakeassfans @aoriakhi34

Reaction Score
changed tune quick -

That last tweet was at the people who were there last year but not now, trust me we know and love and respect true fans #throughthicknthin

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Well, players should always ignore fans and media, but if they don't they should be prepared for a lot of assinine comments. I can't imagine how awful it would be to read these fan boards if I was a player.

Reaction Score
comes with the territory of playing for a passionate fan base. hopefully this lights a fire under these guys!!! the season is still there for the taking. i think we all want the players to succeed as much as they do!

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
These kids were Freshmen last year and had basically a fairy-tale season. Now they're mostly sophomores, leaderless, coach-less (JC cannot be replaced) and struggling to get Ws. There's going to be bumps in the road. I understand that there is frustration, but why do these kids have to put it out there on Twitter? All that does is provoke more ridicule and alienation.

Why is it so hard to understand that after a National Championship that there's going to be a bunch of bandwagon fans that don't have their hearts invested in the team? (see some posts on the Yard after losses this year)

These kids have to be more focused and not care so much about things going on around them. Just play ball and everything else will work itself out.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
if you wanna see the fake fans, look at the uconn buy or sell ticket group on facebook. kids on there are the scum of the earth.

That's because people that win the lottery and have season tickets don't have to do to get them! All they have to do is click on a link and put in their e-mail and hope. Then they sell the tickets for a profit. A lot of them could care less about the team and just want to make money.

The lottery system is really effed up and I hope its something the new AD rectifies ASAP

Reaction Score
I already saw Dom tweeted about this and will probably write about it, but I really hope it doesn't get picked up nationally. This is more bad press that the program doesn't need right now

Reaction Score
That's also true of Red Sox Nation or Knicks Nation or any nation that goes through a losing streak.
I was hoping he would learn a lot more during this losing streak that the fact that there are bandwagoner's in our fanbase. How about playing hard every second on the court, not for those fake ass fans that are out there, but play hard for each other and for the name on the front of your jersey. I am their biggest supporter, but situations like the second half of the Louisville game should never happen to this team.

Reaction Score
every fanbase has bandwagon fans. We are a young team. It takes time.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
What, exactly, did he say that was so bad? We just won a national championship, yet all we hear is bitching and moaning from more than half of the fans on even this board, which is probably the most knowledgeable place to discuss our Huskies on the 'net. After a loss, it's a nightmare here. It's even worse listening to "fans" walking out of Gampel or XL after a tough loss.

Enjoy the ride, and don't sit back and expect this team to be playing its best basketball in the middle of February. The goal is to play your best in the middle of March.

Reaction Score
What, exactly, did he say that was so bad? We just won a national championship, yet all we hear is bitching and moaning from more than half of the fans on even this board, which is probably the most knowledgeable place to discuss our Huskies on the 'net. After a loss, it's a nightmare here. It's even worse listening to "fans" walking out of Gampel or XL after a tough loss.

Enjoy the ride, and don't sit back and expect this team to be playing its best basketball in the middle of February. The goal is to play your best in the middle of March.

This place is tame after a loss compared to the vast majority of other sports boards I've seen.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
If I were an athlete I would not have a twitter account
I'm not an athlete and I don't ahve a twitter account. It is literally the worst application of technology ever thought of - and that includes the fart app.

Reaction Score
A tweet to Alex -

Through this losing stretch weve had all Ive come to learn is #huskynation is smaller then i thought #fakeassfans @aoriakhi34
If that's all he's come to learn, he sure ain't thinking about what's happening on the court!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
This place is tame after a loss compared to the vast majority of other sports boards I've seen.

Kind of proving my point. Lots of spoiled fans out there. Then again, you can say that about almost any fanbase.

Reaction Score
I don't get it. There are some people on this board who fail to realize that you can indeed still be a Uconn fan while still bitching about another lazy disinterested effort from our team. Are we supposed to all be soccer moms here. Great effor guys! What a wonderful performance by us losing by 20 on back to back games. Go Huskies!!! I mean If we play that bad we can point it out. What do you want us to become? A fan base in denial like ND football?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
If you think the effort wasn't there against Syracuse, you're the one in denial.

This is a great group of kids who are busting their asses on the court. If that's not good enough for you, go somewhere else.

Oh, and by the way, in case you forgot...

3543d141022c92c8319cb7ea2e7d16d4-getty-108227973mh170_ncaa_men_s_c.jpg

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I don't get it. There are some people on this board who fail to realize that you can indeed still be a Uconn fan while still bitching about another lazy disinterested effort from our team. Are we supposed to all be soccer moms here. Great effor guys! What a wonderful performance by us losing by 20 on back to back games. Go Huskies!!! I mean If we play that bad we can point it out. What do you want us to become? A fan base in denial like ND football?

These kids live to play basketball. To keep saying that they are disinterested and don't care is a convenient excuse to dump on the players. There are other far, far more likely reasons that they have been having difficulty. Just think about it, how likely is it that these kids just don't really care how they do or how the team does? Does that make any sense at all?

The people on this forum who feel the need to get tough on the internet with the players of the team that they are fans of should ask themselves "Do you really believe that calling our players names and talking about them like they are gutless, apathetic wusses is somehow going to help?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom