NH Register has it's top 25 HS players | The Boneyard

NH Register has it's top 25 HS players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Only 4 are going to D-1 programs. Not one to UConn.
Is it because of the AAC? Or do the CT HS coaches have it in for UConn for firing it's 10-18 coach after less than 2.5 seasons?

Reaction Score
Is it because of the AAC? Or do the CT HS coaches have it in for UConn for firing it's 10-18 coach after less than 2.5 seasons?
Gonna go with both...which is more of the issue I think really depends o n what school the kid plays for.

Reaction Score
So top in-state talent would rather go Ivy. Hmm cool.

Reaction Score
It's the top talent if you limit yourself to publics and limit your research to reading the courant.

Oh, and U remains blacklisted by CHSFCA. The fact that those clowns collect money from the state and hate STate U would not be acceptable in ANY other state

Reaction Score
It's the top talent if you limit yourself to publics and limit your research to reading the courant.

Oh, and U remains blacklisted by CHSFCA. The fact that those a clowns collect money from the state and hate STate U would not be acceptable in ANY other state
Until coaches like Brockett of Ansonia and Marinan from Xavier become the majority...guys like Marinelli, Petroccio among others (P and GDL friends and former players) will continue to bad mouth UCONN. Funny thing about those 2 though...when Diaco came through CT representing ND you know they kissed his a** BIG TIME!

Reaction Score
I don't care how many wins he has, Marinelli (and his son) have turned a proud New Canaan program into a classless joke. They have allowed their players, coaches, and student body, to make a mockery of the game over the last few seasons. They committed 200+ yards in penalties last week (ten of them were personal fouls or unsportsman-like, in nature) against Fairfield Warde, Marinelli's son ejected from the game, late hits, unsportsman-like conduct penalties, players gesturing on every tackle or touchdown. Star players slam-dunking the football over the goal post. It goes on and on. Last season they had players imitating Johnny Manziel's antics and defensive players throat-slashing after tackles for a loss. It's really become disturbing. Marinelli should not be allowed to represent the CHSFCA in any capacity. He has allowed this to happen on his watch. The New Canaan community and school administration should be ashamed by what he has allowed his players (and coaches) to do. He represents all that is wrong with CT HS Football.

Reaction Score
Marinelli is a great HS coach. Year after year they are competing for the FCIAC and State Championships.
Take a look at their roster and there are about 90 kids (without freshmen).

But you are 100% right! They are a classless program. Every time they make a a good play (and they do make lots of them), they act like The U back in the 90's. It's dispicable.

Reaction Score

Do not believe it is the AAC but I do believe the CTHSFCA needs a good enema for their continued support of a prior regime, even after it turned sour...but this is how I view it:
1) This is only a microcosm of our footprint. The state of Connecticut is SMALL!!!Look to the entire Northeast region as our "state".
2)Some of the players presented here can't cut it academically to be admitted and have chosen smaller schools and those that could ...have gone IVY (very good choice on their part if given an opportunity to pursue an IVY League education).
3)Some of the players don't fit our new profiles size wise and have chosen other smaller schools .
4)If we can find 25 players each year in our footprint that meet a specific criteria, we're better off for it.

Reaction Score
Until coaches like Brockett of Ansonia and Marinan from Xavier become the majority...guys like Marinelli, Petroccio among others (P and GDL friends and former players) will continue to bad mouth UCONN. Funny thing about those 2 though...when Diaco came through CT representing ND you know they kissed his a** BIG TIME!
Zach Allen (New Canaan) did consider UCONN, even made a visit. I hope Diaco is recruiting Dunn from Newtown, think he's still undecided. Harrington from Greenwich is considering UCONN, UCONN is looking at Evanchuk of Darien and Drysdale of Brookfield. Scott Lutrus played for Brookfield.

Reaction Score
Zach Allen (New Canaan) did consider UCONN, even made a visit. I hope Diaco is recruiting Dunn from Newtown, think he's still undecided. Harrington from Greenwich is considering UCONN, UCONN is looking at Evanchuk of Darien and Drysdale of Brookfield. Scott Lutrus played for Brookfield.

Allen never considered Uconn. Harrington isnt considering Uconn. Both had real offers from legit programs. Just because they have a uconn offer doesnt mean uconn is a player. Same goes for Quansah, uconn isnt even on his radar

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

Allen never considered Uconn. Harrington isnt considering Uconn. Both had real offers from legit programs. Just because they have a uconn offer doesnt mean uconn is a player. Same goes for Quansah, uconn isnt even on his radar

Sources would be awesome.

Reaction Score
Sources Jim? My source on Allen and UCONN was this board, that's where I heard it. Heard it well over a year ago, can't remember who they poster was. At the time I was incredulous since like everyone else I thought the chances of a star New Canaan player visiting UCONN were the same as Nancy Pelosi doing the Tango with John Boehner. Don't remember if it was before or after PP was canned.

Reaction Score
Geez Jim, something crawl up your arse, or someone just pee in your Cheerios? 2 messages, and already projecting a bit of bitterness towards UCONN. Thank you for your support of Huskies' athletics.

Reaction Score
Lots of kids from Connecticut get solid offers from bigger names. A small percentage actually rise to decent starting position or a strong career. That's what I see ...

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I like how some think they know everything about the state recruiting and who is not interested in UCONN. I understand some players are not interested in UCONN but to make an open statement without backing it up, means nothing. Just another hater of UCONN

Reaction Score
I like how some think they know everything about the state recruiting and who is not interested in UCONN. I understand some players are not interested in UCONN but to make an open statement without backing it up, means nothing. Just another hater of UCONN

I think we could tell he is a troll by his post count. With a bitter high school football fan, or a bitter fan of an opposing team. Sad, really.

Reaction Score
Marinelli is a great HS coach. Year after year they are competing for the FCIAC and State Championships.

But you are 100% right! They are a classless program. Every time they make a a good play (and they do make lots of them), they act like The U back in the 90's. It's dispicable.

Can happen anywhere, even in football crazy Jersey. In the fall of 2013, Wayne Hills was on its way to the state playoffs when over an October weekend, at least 9 Wayne Hills football players conducted a group beat down on 2 players from rival Wayne Valley who happened to show up at a Wayne Hills party (PS, same town, 2 high schools). After the police investigated, 9 were arrested. But, upon review by the AD, who also happened to be the Wayne Hills football coach, none were suspended for their first round playoff game. Shortly after, the news got out, and the school board suspended 9 players for the semi-final game only to reverse their decision after a board meeting attended by the Coach, 60 Wayne Hills football players in uniform, and where none of the Wayne Valley football players who were attacked were allowed to participate. Afterall, the true victims were the 9 suspended Wayne Hills football players (one eventually sued the school board for $15 million for taking away his ‘right’ to play football). The board did realize one thing though, having an AD who was also the Football Coach be in charge of this ‘investigation’ could be a conflict. So, the Coach was stripped of the AD role and an intern AD was named. After consulting with the various internal and external parties, the intern AD permanently suspended the 9 players from all extra-circular activities, including the state football final, which Wayne Hills did win without the 9. And Coach Olen retired the following year in 2012, which happened also to be the Senior season of his last son, Kevin.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobcook/2011/11/28/wayne-hills-football-9-who-were-out-then-in-are-out-again/

Ah, Kevin. He was a 4 star recruit and raked between the 7th and 12th best QB in the class of 2012. After receiving offers from everywhere, he decided to follow his big brother, now a successful TE with the Panthers, to the U of Miami. But, locally, there was talk that all of the hype went to his head and his dad was the one to keep him in check. Well, without Coach around, he was suspended twice while redshirting at the U – once for a failed drug test and once for a traffic incident. Nevertheless, the U needed him going into 2013 because they were short on QB’s. Olsen was the projected starter coming out of Spring Camp. But, he would never play a game because before their home opener in 2014, Miami Dad police arrested him in South Beach for DUI and having 5 ID’s and yet he actually had to ask the police what he did wrong. That was his third strike and he was dismissed from the team and expelled by the university (guess he should have gone to FSU). Sad. I hope he can eventually find a way forward.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/college/acc/university-of-miami/article2113661.html

Reaction Score

They competed this morning but lost to the 3rd ranked team in the state, Darien, 28-21. Darien was down by 21 points and came back to win it 28-21.

Reaction Score

Hey guys and gals, first time poster here. I'm pretty involved in local HS football and graduated from UCONN a couple years ago.

I saw this and figured I'd mention that UCONN was scouting the Brookfield vs. Newtown regular season game. I know they were there for Drysdale and were just looking more generally as well. Dunn is a great player from Newtown but I'm not sure they were there to look at him. Drysdale is another great player and actually broke Lutrus's Brookfield single season rushing record last year as a sophomore. BC and Yale are also looking at Drysdale. Not sure who else is going after Dunn.

Reaction Score
Hey guys and gals, first time poster here. I'm pretty involved in local HS football and graduated from UCONN a couple years ago.

I saw this and figured I'd mention that UCONN was scouting the Brookfield vs. Newtown regular season game. I know they were there for Drysdale and were just looking more generally as well. Dunn is a great player from Newtown but I'm not sure they were there to look at him. Drysdale is another great player and actually broke Lutrus's Brookfield single season rushing record last year as a sophomore. BC and Yale are also looking at Drysdale. Not sure who else is going after Dunn.
Brookfield destroyed New London in the state playoffs yesterday 46-14. The game was over at halftime with Brookfield leading 39-0. They should be the best team in the state next year as their junior class (Drysdale included) are the same kids that made headlines and won the Pop Warner Nationals a few years back. IIRC Drysdale's dad coached that team. If Drysdale goes to UCONN or BC I don't think he'll be a halfback (he's 6'1", about 215, and still growing), I think either team would turn him into a linebacker or tight end, but who knows.
Else where in the state this year, there is quite a bit of D1 talent. Evanchuk of Darien, Dunn of Newtown, a couple of kids on St Joes and Windsor. Hope the UCONN staff is paying attention to what's right under their noses.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69