Next Year's OOC Schedule | The Boneyard

Next Year's OOC Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks to a colossally bad idea, UConn will have 18 conference games against the dregs of the America 12, leaving just 12 out-of-conference opponents. (Why UConn went along with this is beyond me.)

By my calculations, here are the series games:
...Home (3) vs Stanford, Hartford, Oregon
...Away (4) vs Maryland, Penn St, Duke, Baylor

Because UConn needs the money from home games, I think we're looking at 5 additional home games in one-off matchups (ie, not a home & home).

Thus explains the difficulties in trying to add teams like Notre Dame for an OOC game.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Thanks to a colossally bad idea, UConn will have 18 conference games against the dregs of the America 12, leaving just 12 out-of-conference opponents. (Why UConn went along with this is beyond me.)

By my calculations, here are the series games:
...Home (3) vs Stanford, Hartford, Oregon
...Away (4) vs Maryland, Penn St, Duke, Baylor

Because UConn needs the money from home games, I think we're looking at 5 additional home games in one-off matchups (ie, not a home & home).

Thus explains the difficulties in trying to add teams like Notre Dame for an OOC game.

Was there a story on how the schools voted on the issue of conference schedule? Why do you think UConn alone could have changed the outcome?

The OOC schedule next year includes Penn State, Maryland, Duke, Stanford, Baylor, Oregon, Hartford, Ohio State, Boston University, Old Dominion, St. Bonaventure and maybe California in the Maggie Dixon Classic.

Reaction Score
This WCBB conference can only succeed if UConn is successful. A strong UConn is good for the rest of the teams, and will allow them to raise their profiles -- witness where most of the BigEast was 15 years ago. Constraining UConn's schedule and costing it 1 home game (a ~$100,000 hit) and 2 possible national TV games, is not good for anyone.

Either UConn failed to make a case, or the rest of the schools are too dumb to look at the big picture.

Reaction Score
Was there a story on how the schools voted on the issue of conference schedule? Why do you think UConn alone could have changed the outcome?

The OOC schedule next year includes Penn State, Maryland, Duke, Stanford, Baylor, Oregon, Hartford, Ohio State, Boston University, Old Dominion, St. Bonaventure and maybe California in the Maggie Dixon Classic.

I assume Ohio St is a home & home (too bad since it was supposed to be Geno & his old friend meeting up), with BU, ODU, and St Bon as one-offs.

Reaction Score
This WCBB conference can only succeed if UConn is successful. A strong UConn is good for the rest of the teams, and will allow them to raise their profiles -- witness where most of the BigEast was 15 years ago. Constraining UConn's schedule and costing it 1 home game (a ~$100,000 hit) and 2 possible national TV games, is not good for anyone.

Either UConn failed to make a case, or the rest of the schools are too dumb to look at the big picture.

UConn probably made a case and it just wasn't heard. Apparently UConn's feelings on any sort of conference realignment topic are not taken into account considering its current position.

The best possible scenario is that UConn is only in the conference for one or two more years. Scheduling should open up a bit in 2014-2015.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Ohio State is being left in miserable shape for whoever comes in. I am not sure t will contribute much to schedle strength very soon.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Somehow I don't think the UConn WBB schedule was in any way a consideration.

Reaction Score
This whole schedule thing could change in a heart beat once the season is over and UCONN announces where it is going.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
I've been hoping (probably uselessly) for a series against Iowa so that I can actually attend a game. :oops: I was always bummed that there was no homecoming for Ketia when I lived in Georgia and that Maya's homecoming didn't happen until after I moved to Alabama. So I've been hoping for a Kiah homecoming while I still live here.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Who does Ohio State pursue? He isn't a sexy name but they should look at Jim Jabir of Dayton.

Reaction Score
believe we my have an OOC with Cal as well - in the works

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm not against the 18 OOC games as it will open up recruiting in Texas and Geno might be able to get more Texas players to sign with UConn. Houston and Dallas are a hotbed for Girls HS Basketball and have some of the best Girls AAU teams and an annual visit to these areas has to help recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom