Newsome Hurt Or In The Dog House | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Newsome Hurt Or In The Dog House

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Saw that. If hes there just to plug the middle, not a big deal. If he is able to get penetration... VERY big deal!!
He is a big deal... will occupy two OL guys, freeing up somebody... we'll need our RBs and TEs to do an admirable job blocking for CW, and TB when plays... Time to gove over the top of these defenses... release the dogpound... We've got legit speed outside, with Noel Thomas, Dhameer Bradley, and D. Foxx, along with an NFL WR in our best guy, G Davis...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Physical mistakes happen. Diaco has to stop worrying about TOs and start worrying about how to score points.

Disagree completely. TOs are the main problem with this team. Max has run well, he needs more touches. All these backs can play, we need to use them wisely. Would like to see us get Newsome out in space, and on sweeps. Don't want him running between the tackles right now. He's still small for a college back, and Max is better at that role.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Can't click on links anymore in forum runner. Crashes every time. Ugh.
I can't use forum runner any more. It's so buggy and pics and videos don't show up correctly. The mobile web is ok, but not great.

@Fishy anyway we can sign back up with tapatalk? How much would that cost? Boneyard collection plate...

Reaction Score
If we want to be a "BIG TIME" program, we have to act like one. Didn't BD say something prior to the start of the season "you turn the ball over, you come out" You can't have an individual think that because of his hype or talent, he is a fixture at a certain position.

If a jarring hit knocks the ball loose, that is one thing. If the ball comes loose because of improper technique, it can't be excused for "star" players, and not for players less talented but trying to improve.

I have no problem with the theory "you play sloppy, there is someone to take your place"

Unfortunately, I don't think it is uniformily applied to everyone in skilled positions.....be it RB, WR, or QB.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Years ago, when UConn had its Louisiana connection, they had a kid named Raymond James (no, not that Raymond James) who was an incredible get for them. A national level sprinter, crazy total yards and TDs in high school, a punter, a place kicker, the second coming of Jim Thorpe. Expect he fumbled a few times in his first two games and then hardly saw the field except for special plays designed for his speed (he was lightning fast). I was one of those who thought he should have given more of a chance. When kids like that and Newsome come along who have ridiculous hs totals, chances are that they have a ton of long runs, tackled less than other kids, and are rarely hit clean. College is a whole different thing and I would let a kid like that adjust to the new reality. When he fumbled early, (against Boise?) I thought it was more on the (lack of) blocking because he was hit an instant after he was handed or pitched the ball. He is the game breaker from what I see among our backs.

Wow. Ray J? Impressive memory Cohen. Geez you're old though.;)

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
Physical mistakes happen. Diaco has to stop worrying about TOs and start worrying about how to score points.

You are kidding, right? Coach Diaco x's and o's have been downright atrocious. But no coach should keep the status quo after a back fumbles twice in an opponents territory. And something tells me Newsome agrees and is working his tail off in practice.

Reaction Score
pal pen pegged

regime needs to attack with every top weapon at once

instead-they worry about turnovers and play not to lose-joke because where is this club going except basement{whats the risk?}

the more my superstar arkeel fumbles, the more i give it to him and then some; as wardaddy said in current brad pitt film "do your job, you gd sob, do what you're here for"(wwII ETO deep in nazi territory outnumbered 700 to 5)

regime says they play for future but everyone knows they play to keep it close-joke sub2(duh-the old pop is still qb)

N.B. analogy: you are driving your car & in a split 2nd surrounding drivers put you in great danger with their carelessness/you have 2 choices; a)slam brakes b)gun it

what is the better choice? if you want to live you better G D gun it to outrun chaos and certain demise

Reaction Score
You dont get it, the chaos is us, 6-1 in interceptions and fumbled the ball twice as much.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
pal pen pegged

regime needs to attack with every top weapon at once

instead-they worry about turnovers and play not to lose-joke because where is this club going except basement{whats the risk?}

the more my superstar arkeel fumbles, the more i give it to him and then some; as wardaddy said in current brad pitt film "do your job, you gd sob, do what you're here for"(wwII ETO deep in nazi territory outnumbered 700 to 5)

regime says they play for future but everyone knows they play to keep it close-joke sub2(duh-the old pop is still qb)

N.B. analogy: you are driving your car & in a split 2nd surrounding drivers put you in great danger with their carelessness/you have 2 choices; a)slam brakes b)gun it

what is the better choice? if you want to live you better G D gun it to outrun chaos and certain demise

And bye bye. Who is still viewing this guys nonsense?

Reaction Score
It's a proven fact it is much easier to score points when you have the ball. Thus giving it to the opponent improves their odds of scoring.
Ever want to take one back? :confused:

Reaction Score
Hmmm... AK questionable w/ "lower body injury"?
I caught that as well. Announcers said Newsome was questionable with a lower body injury. The thread title is quite relevant, for once.

EDIT: The ECU student section is nicknamed the boneyard.

Reaction Score
Joe D just mentioned "a non-football related lower body injury". No freakin clue what that means. I almost drove off the road laughing though

Reaction Score
Joe D just mentioned "a non-football related lower body injury". No freakin clue what that means. I almost drove off the road laughing though
Laughing? duck* You.

jrazz12

BEast mode
Reaction Score
It's Diaco speak, and I'm fine with it. The alternative is saying to the press, yeah he's nailed to the bench for now until he learns to stop up. Arkeel knows that's the case, Diaco knows that's the case, and we should know by now too. Diacos style isn't motivating people through the press. It's dealt with in house. It is what it is.

Reaction Score
WestHartHusk said:
And bye bye. Who is still viewing this guys nonsense?

Unfortunately even if you have him on ignore it shows up on forum runner. If Dan or whoever keeps it up I may just leave.

Reaction Score
Laughing? duck* You.

You are completely out of control. If I were a mod you'd get a timeout. You're the type of guy who feels toughest when you're sitting behind your keyboard.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Unfortunately even if you have him on ignore it shows up on forum runner. If Dan or whoever keeps it up I may just leave.

I am glad that I am not using forum runner then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom