News From The Wash | The Boneyard

News From The Wash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
What a beautiful day here in NC. I'm psyched for this weekends Navy game. My neighbors are Navy grads and after watching UCONN vs MO, they're very worried. Their words "UCONN is BACK." We will win this game, and we will win 8 or 9 this season. My Wake Range Rover buddy was beyond impressed. Word on recruiting trail is Diaco is quietly building something B1G, the strongest product UCONN has seen in its short D1 infancy . He also said ACC foes aren't happy how many recruits UCONN is being considered by since the conference they are in. He said "these kids, they're hearing B1G things, why else consider UCONN right now. I said come on man, give me more than that!! He said, kid, I can't but get ready to have a B1G smile sooner than later. Take it for what it's worth, but my car looks great ! Go Huskies!! I'm coming up alone for game, any tail gaters need a wing man or willing to adopt a fellow husky?

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
He also said ACC foes aren't happy how many recruits UCONN is being considered by since the conference they are in. He said "these kids, they're hearing B1G things, why else consider UCONN right now.

I wonder what recruits aside from Rose this might be about. Rose has a connection to NC via Wake. I would think your connection would only be privy to recruiting stories involving NC/VA colleges and high schools.

Reaction Score
I am impressed that a Wake Forest fan follows UCONN football recruiting... I (and I think most UCONN fans) don't know a thing about Wake Forest football.

While I am in the band of fans who think we are B1G bound, I don't think Diaco is telling any recruits that we are going to be in the B1G soon... if the B1G wants to keep any of this tight lipped I don't think they would be too happy that the coaching staff is telling high school kids that B1G expansion is imminent...

Reaction Score
I am impressed that a Wake Forest fan follows UCONN football recruiting... I (and I think most UCONN fans) don't know a thing about Wake Forest football.

While I am in the band of fans who think we are B1G bound, I don't think Diaco is telling any recruits that we are going to be in the B1G soon... if the B1G wants to keep any of this tight lipped I don't think they would be too happy that the coaching staff is telling high school kids that B1G expansion is imminent...

I happen to agree with you, but fwiw, Rutgers coaches were telling their recruits they were B1G bound before the announcement

I wonder what recruits aside from Rose this might be about. Rose has a connection to NC via Wake. I would think your connection would only be privy to recruiting stories involving NC/VA colleges and high schools.

Not to play into the conspiracy theory, but it is interesting that we picked up a 3 star WR from Chicago with offers from 3 other B1G schools (Illinois, Northwestern and Iowa).

EDIT: Forgot to name the kid. Quayvon Skanes.

Reaction Score
7jslogh.png
↖ "hmmm... how did Skanes find out Illinois, Northwestern and Iowa were leaving for the Big 12 and UConn is being added to fill the void?" "Why did the rest of the world see UConn lose by 2(as reported by Devin Diglio) yet all the TV sets in Connecticut showed them losing by 3?......hmmmm ↓

Reaction Score
7jslogh.png
↖ "hmmm... how did Skanes find out Illinois, Northwestern and Iowa were leaving for the Big 12 and UConn is being added to fill the void?" "Why did the rest of the world see UConn lose by 2(as reported by Devin Diglio) yet all the TV sets in Connecticut showed them losing by 3?.hmmmm ↓

YES. Sup, Kitty?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
All kidding aside, my friends, brother and I have been wondering the same thing about our recruiting. UConn recruiting has NEVER been better...and it's odd timing because until the last few weeks, we've never been worse (record and conference affiliation). Not only are we getting highly coveted 3/4 star kids, but we're pulling them from all over (ex - Chicago!). Rutgers recruited some studs a few years back by telling recruits they were B1G bound. I wonder if we're doing the same? If so, can you imagine the kind of recruits we would get if we actually were in the B1G and coming off of winning season(s)? Impressive.

Reaction Score
All kidding aside, my friends, brother and I have been wondering the same thing about our recruiting. UConn recruiting has NEVER been better...and it's odd timing because until the last few weeks, we've never been worse (record and conference affiliation). Not only are we getting highly coveted 3/4 star kids, but we're pulling them from all over (ex - Chicago!). Rutgers recruited some studs a few years back by telling recruits they were B1G bound. I wonder if we're doing the same? If so, can you imagine the kind of recruits we would get if we actually were in the B1G and coming off of winning season(s)? Impressive.

We're not

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
What a beautiful day here in NC. I'm psyched for this weekends Navy game. My neighbors are Navy grads and after watching UCONN vs MO, they're very worried. Their words "UCONN is BACK." We will win this game, and we will win 8 or 9 this season. My Wake Range Rover buddy was beyond impressed. Word on recruiting trail is Diaco is quietly building something B1G, the strongest product UCONN has seen in its short D1 infancy . He also said ACC foes aren't happy how many recruits UCONN is being considered by since the conference they are in. He said "these kids, they're hearing B1G things, why else consider UCONN right now. I said come on man, give me more than that!! He said, kid, I can't but get ready to have a B1G smile sooner than later. Take it for what it's worth, but my car looks great ! Go Huskies!! I'm coming up alone for game, any tail gaters need a wing man or willing to adopt a fellow husky?
We've got a good-sized tailgate in Blue Lot right up by the Dog House at C Gate. Breakfast, Bloody Marys, Beer and Lunch. Feel free to join us. Look for the CornHole boards on the grass strip and join us.
PM sent also. Bring beer. And beer.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh we get in to the B1G and we have to use that clap every Husky Walk.

Just curious @Athlete94 did he pronounce that 'B-One-Gee?'

About 50 of the fans at Husky Walk will see that and think it's the funniest thing ever. The other 250 will see that and think, "gimme one of what they're having."

Reaction Score
Oh we get in to the B1G and we have to use that clap every Husky Walk.

Just curious @Athlete94 did he pronounce that 'B-One-Gee?'
Would be hilarious if 100 years from now, this tradition had been continually passed on and turned into our kind of pregame "play like a champion today" slap/Seminole spear guy/stampeding buffalo, etc.

Reaction Score
The tussle with Mizzou speaks volumes. They are repeat SEC East champs. By all accounts we should have been destroyed and given that the SEC is the anointed cream of the crop, I think we will pick up football pundit respect and support. That is critical in building mindshare that UConn football is a legitimate national program worthy of p5 inclusion. My hope is Mizzou runs the table now. If we beat Navy and put up another tough contest with BYU, things will be vastly back on track.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I assume he meant what he is hearing from his inside source. He didn't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom