Newest suggestion...TCU to the SEC... | The Boneyard

Newest suggestion...TCU to the SEC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The SEC will not go with another Texas team as that would immediatly dilute the A&M move. My top candidates for the SEC would be schools that will expand the footprint of the conference and not step on the recruiting toes of existing conference schools. That eliminates Texas schools, FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech and Clemson. My top bets would be:

Virginia Tech- Pros- great program, fertile recruiting area. Cons - not a large city school but decent TV draw, politics as the legislature forced the ACC to take Tech.
NC State - Pros - school may be interested in getting out of the shadow of Duke and UNC, great TV market, great facilities, natural southern rivals w/ USC, Tennessee ect...Cons - political pressure to stay in ACC.
West Virginia - Pros - great program, no political baggage. Cons - small TV market.

I honestly think NC State is the perfect fit both from a geographic and media standpoint, if the politics doesn't bog down the move.

Reaction Score
You never know what the bigwigs are thinking. NC State is definitely a great fit. They do emphasize football nowadays and are definitely in a very good market. You don't think the SEC would still consider Florida State? I could imagine UF wouldn't like FSU in the conference.

Reaction Score
I think that the big East isn pretty safe in this. I think the SEC would really like to take Florida State, but Florida is deathly opposed so would need to be placated somehow. NC State makes sense though. I've been reading that there is some concern among the, lets call them lesser SEC schools, the Mississippis and South Carolinas of the world that the league not add only football powers. USC is finally enjoying a bit of SEC success. they don't want to be pushed down by Florida State or VaTech. They rather have NC State, a rather less impressive program.

Reaction Score
NC State would definitely open up a whole new state to the SEC. I think it would be good for the Big East to get NC State or UNC if we are going to expand and try to outdo the ACC. Or maybe FSU. :eek: So many possibilities.

Reaction Score
I think ... that Dan Wetzel is a schmuck. And anything that guy writes needs to be fumigated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom