New York is UConn Country (based on S16 ticket sales) | The Boneyard

New York is UConn Country (based on S16 ticket sales)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Andrew Callahan ‏@UConnFB_Andrew 7m
Prepare to squint and be amazed at this information regarding Sweet Sixteen UConn tickets (per @SeatGeek) pic.twitter.com/ei18SDb3Oi

BjgOe0_IQAA_Ynr.jpg:large

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
So if 40% of the aftermarket activity comes from UCONN fans and we already get 25% of the total allocation (and we know none of these are going to non-UCONN supporters....), would we be able to have 60% of the total crowd for our game be UCONN fans with the other 40% split between the other three teams or is that too optimistic? As I mentioned in a previous post, I attended the NC State game at Worcester, MA some years ago and the crowd was antiseptic and not the home game I thought it would be. We need to dominate this time.

Reaction Score
So if 40% of the aftermarket activity comes from UCONN fans and we already get 25% of the total allocation (and we know none of these are going to non-UCONN supporters....), would we be able to have 60% of the total crowd for our game be UCONN fans with the other 40% split between the other three teams or is that too optimistic? As I mentioned in a previous post, I attended the NC State game at Worcester, MA some years ago and the crowd was antiseptic and not the home game I thought it would be. We need to dominate this time.
UConn fans are lame, in that the games need to feel like they mean something sometimes for them to show up. An early season tournament? Eh. Two games against a 15 and a 10 seed? Eh.

BET on Friday and Saturday night? Yup.
Regional Semi-Finals with? Yup.

Reaction Score
I heard that the ticket office only had 650 tickets for sale, today.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I attended the NC State game at Worcester, MA some years ago and the crowd was antiseptic and not the home game I thought it would be.
I was at that game too. Although the crowd wasn't electric, that was the hardest ticket ever for me in more than 30 years of scalping for music and sporting events, all over this country and abroad. Tickets for the three Final Fours I've attended ('99, '04, '11) were easier to come by than tickets for that game. Just not a lot of inventory, and the few people who did have tickets were asking astronomical prices for them. I landed one at face from someone getting out out of his car in the parking garage and I gave it to my younger brother so he could enter while I worked on getting another. I ended up having to wait until almost ten minutes into game time before I could land another reasonable single.

I'm expecting MSG on Friday to be a tighter and harder ticket than that, especially because the fake ticket factor goes through the roof around MSG. The '04 Big East Championship there was a brutal ticket and there were tons of fakes. That's the only time in my life I've ever been burned (I ended up getting in with legit tickets, but it was an expensive, dangerous and frustrating lesson). There are some real pros there who work multi-person scams. I would not try to attend this game without a ticket in hand before you get there, because the pros will be working all the angles on this one.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
God, I hope we make it to Sunday. I would LOVE to see an Elite 8 game that is as pro-UCONN as the 2011 BET Final against LCC.

Reaction Score
But wait, I thought some guy on Twitter said we don't travel like we used to?

When you're NYC's team, you don't have to travel too far!

http://connecticut.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1623954

• Based on early returns, it looks like the Huskies will benefit from a heavily UConn-friendly crowd this weekend. Since UConn defeated Villanova on Saturday, more than 40% of traffic to SeatGeek's event pages for the East Regional has come from Connecticut. New York and New Jersey have accounted for another 30% of ticket shoppers, with the remainder split up among several states

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
I know it may be a stretch given that we are the two lower ranked teams heading into the games on Friday...but it would be sweet to give Michigan State the same 'neutral court' on Sunday that we had in the Final Four in Detroit in 2009! :)

Reaction Score
No need to sit on hold for 1:30 window...

>>Dear UConn Club Member,
Thank you for your continued support of UConn Athletics and our men’s basketball program. Due to the limited allotment of tickets from the NCAA and extremely high demand, UConn Athletics is now sold out of tickets to the NCAA Men’s Basketball East Regional. The second ordering period for Golden Husky, Director, Coach, Assistant Coach and Captain donor levels has been canceled.

The Huskies will face Iowa State on Friday, March 28th at Madison Square Garden in New York, NY. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:27 pm and will be aired on TBS.

Go Huskies!<<

Reaction Score

UConn doesn't get 25% of the tickets. I would be surprised if they were given more than 1,000 to sell.

Reaction Score
I was at that game too. Although the crowd wasn't electric, that was the hardest ticket ever for me in more than 30 years of scalping for music and sporting events, all over this country and abroad. Tickets for the three Final Fours I've attended ('99, '04, '11) were easier to come by than tickets for that game. Just not a lot of inventory, and the few people who did have tickets were asking astronomical prices for them. I landed one at face from someone getting out out of his car in the parking garage and I gave it to my younger brother so he could enter while I worked on getting another. I ended up having to wait until almost ten minutes into game time before I could land another reasonable single.

I'm expecting MSG on Friday to be a tighter and harder ticket than that, especially because the fake ticket factor goes through the roof around MSG. The '04 Big East Championship there was a brutal ticket and there were tons of fakes. That's the only time in my life I've ever been burned (I ended up getting in with legit tickets, but it was an expensive, dangerous and frustrating lesson). There are some real pros there who work multi-person scams. I would not try to attend this game without a ticket in hand before you get there, because the pros will be working all the angles on this one.
I was going to mention the fake tickets. I got burned a few years ago at the Big East tournament. I should have been suspicious when the seller wanted to exchange the money inside a McDonalds off of the street. You should have seen the line against the wall of other victims in MSG. I can still remember the 'beep-beep-beep" from the ticket scanner.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't get 25% of the tickets. I would be surprised if they were given more than 1,000 to sell.

Yep, it looked to me like of the 4 teams to play in the second session at Buffalo, only one section (top level to bottom level) was reserved for each school. This means about 50% of the tix are on sale to general public.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I can still remember the 'beep-beep-beep" from the ticket scanner.
My stomach got queasy again just reading that. I replayed the circumstances of our transaction in my head was we walked from the street to the gate, and I knew then in my gut that our tickets were fakes. I was so pissed at myself for not picking up on the scam, but it happened so fast. Marching to the gate felt like marching to face a firing squad; hearing the scanner confirm that it was a fake was like facing certain death.

The bright side is that I was so crazed that I went back and hunted the guys down and created such a commotion that I thwarted about a dozen other sales for them, including a few to fathers with young sons (granted, I almost got killed in the process, until my friends wisely pulled me away). The other bright side is that we did pony up for legit seats and got to watch one of the most painful victories in our history, while sitting next to friends and family of Jamie Dixon.

Reaction Score
My stomach got queasy again just reading that. I replayed the circumstances of our transaction in my head was we walked from the street to the gate, and I knew then in my gut that our tickets were fakes. I was so pissed at myself for not picking up on the scam, but it happened so fast. Marching to the gate felt like marching to face a firing squad; hearing the scanner confirm that it was a fake was like facing certain death.

The bright side is that I was so crazed that I went back and hunted the guys down and created such a commotion that I thwarted about a dozen other sales for them, including a few to fathers with young sons (granted, I almost got killed in the process, until my friends wisely pulled me away). The other bright side is that we did pony up for legit seats and got to watch one of the most painful victories in our history, while sitting next to friends and family of Jamie Dixon.

"One of the most painful victories in our history" is dead on. If you weren't there, it's hard to imagine how painful that was for a big win, and how much it felt like a loss almost the entire game. I don't think I'll ever forget the look in Hilton's eyes when he realized he let Julius Page line up behind him and was totally helpless if the baseball pass had just been executed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"One of the most painful victories in our history" is dead on. If you weren't there, it's hard to imagine how painful that was for a big win, and how much it felt like a loss almost the entire game. I don't think I'll ever forget the look in Hilton's eyes when he realized he let Julius Page line up behind him and was totally helpless if the baseball pass had just been executed.

Without looking it up, I remember being down something like 8 points with 5 minutes to play and it felt like a 20-point margin given the way that game was being played.

Reaction Score

Glad that it worked out for you. I went looking for the scum bag but he was gone. I did watch the game in some Irish bar with a pro-Pitt crowd. I made some noise and did not give a who heard me.

Reaction Score
The '04 Championship was the best memory I ever had of the BET. All because of the shenanigans of Pitt fans in the stands. One idiot Pitt fan bet $500 when Pitt was up double digits in the second half. UConn fan said he didn't want any points, straight up. Everyone in our section knew about this because they had a "neutral" party hold the $1k.

Reaction Score

Great, now I'm nervous.. I know my Friday ticket is legit (StubHub).. my plan is to try and buy from fans of ISU or whoever loses the nightcap (ie before I ever leave MSG), rather than some guy on the street.

Reaction Score
Great, now I'm nervous.. I know my Friday ticket is legit (StubHub).. my plan is to try and buy from fans of ISU or whoever loses the nightcap (ie before I ever leave MSG), rather than some guy on the street.

Don't count on it.

I saw a lot of people trying that recently. These Iowa farmers are in for the weekend. You'll be competing with 1,000 scalpers and many more people who have exactly your idea. Not to mention MSU and Virginia fans thinking they're going to win.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yeah, you definitely want to try to set that up inside MSG; once you are out on the street the scalpers will be out in force buying up those tickets. At both the BET and NCCAT games I try to feel people out about it during the game to see what their plans are. Most people are pretty open to the conversation and will let you know if they are holding and keeping, holding and selling if their team loses, or not holding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom