New York Derby | The Boneyard

New York Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Pretty entertaining game yesterday. Red Bull supporters actually created a pretty "bigtime" atmosphere. I can't recall ever seeing that stadium that full and lively. The below tifo was pretty good as well. Looking forward to seeing the ratings on this, but in general all of the games on Fox Sports 1 have gotten less than the ESPN 2 game.

http://i.imgur.com/hTG9z9A.jpg

As for the game, Mix Diskerud might be so overhyped that I feel sorry for him. If he came up through MLS and not a Scandivian League then I have my doubts that he would be on the USMNT or at least have the same prominent standing. That Red Bull midfield of McCarty, Sam, Felipe, and Kliesjtan completely bossed him even with though the Red Bulls were down a man from 35 minutes on.

Mix and David Villa were subbed off early and NYC looked better for it.

Right now NYC FC looks like a expansion team and the Red Bulls look really good with only one loss (they started a bunch of reserves in that game).

Overall, if this rivalry game really takes off it will be very good for the league. The League can't be all Portland-Seattle.

As for the rest of the league...

Here is a big problem I have with not having a single table with playoffs. For one, the Supporter's Shield is a worthless piece of hardware. For two. The last placed team in the West, (Colorado) would be 5th place in the East.

The East has four really good teams and a bunch of bad ones.

The West has three good teams (four if you think LA will wake up in the summer like they usually do) and a bunch of above average teams.

I would rather see a single table, 38 league games and the top 12 teams making the playoffs.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

-Altidore is finishing the few chances he gets. Moving back was probably the right move for him.

-Bradley does not look good, but I think it's because Toronto is so poorly coached. They had a big stadium reopener and were practically run off the field by a Houston Dynamo team that has a payroll that is a mere fraction of Toronto's. Hopefully Bradley's form is just a tactics thing.

-Benny Feilhaber is the best American player in the world at the moment. He's playing even better than 2008-2010 Feilhaber. Dempsey is also looking really good. My guess is that Dempsey could run rampant in the Gold Cup, but Jurgen would be silly to not call Benny in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom