New Video from UconnHuskies.com | The Boneyard

New Video from UconnHuskies.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I thought I was a jaded sports fan who couldn't really be moved in the same way I was as a kid -- but this video has me more emotional than I've felt about any UConn team since '99. Let's get that trophy.

Reaction Score
Calhoun wasn't in the team photo. It's clear that he wants every praise thrown at the program to be Ollies and the teams. He doesn't even sit near the bench during games. Imagine how it feels for him watching his UCONN team like a spectator. I LOVE COACH CALHOUN!!!

Reaction Score
I hold nothing against Oriahki, Lamb and Roscoe for leaving. I understand why they did.

But I sure as heck appreciate Nappier and Giffey. Nappier has blossomed into a Kemba/AJ hybrid and Giffey into the ultimate glue guy. They've represented this Uconn with class and heart and passion. To me, they're majorly responsible for Uconn not fading into a "mid major" status. Because they stayed. Because they made sure Uconn would get back to the top. They took punishments that they hadn't earned nor deserved. They've become great leaders and great team players. We don't win in 2011 without the help of these two guys, and now it's their team..and they are in a position to be the first Husky class with two national championships.

I can't say they are my favorite two players ever (although they both probably make the top ten.), but I can't think of two guys more deserving guys to win another title.

edit: And speaking of Giffey...seriously, how'd the German develop a New York accent?

Reaction Score

"We got a new building and we got plenty of Room."

What's up with the "federal prison" poster behind Bazz? What, if they moved him aside there would have been a "This is what a pedophile/terrorist/serial killer looks like" poster?

Reaction Score
I hold nothing against Oriahki, Lamb and Roscoe for leaving. I understand why they did.

But I sure as heck appreciate Nappier and Giffey. Nappier has blossomed into a Kemba/AJ hybrid and Giffey into the ultimate glue guy. They've represented this Uconn with class and heart and passion. To me, they're majorly responsible for Uconn not fading into a "mid major" status. Because they stayed. Because they made sure Uconn would get back to the top. They took punishments that they hadn't earned nor deserved. They've become great leaders and great team players. We don't win in 2011 without the help of these two guys, and now it's their team..and they are in a position to be the first Husky class with two national championships.

I can't say they are my favorite two players ever (although they both probably make the top ten.), but I can't think of two guys more deserving guys to win another title.

edit: And speaking of Giffey...seriously, how'd the German develop a New York accent?
This run has been so special for many reasons. To me, the best may be how the guys that stuck together through our darkest hour will now forever be remembered in proper huskies lore.

Reaction Score
The only way I'd be okay losing Ollie is if he was picked to be a US General to lead troops into battle

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Calhoun wasn't in the team photo. It's clear that he wants every praise thrown at the program to be Ollies and the teams. He doesn't even sit near the bench during games. Imagine how it feels for him watching his UCONN team like a spectator. I LOVE COACH CALHOUN!!!

Freakin Dana Oneil got in a dig about JC the other day for that (it was in the context of praising Ollie, but still). She then managed to display some ignorance by claiming the team had a more NBA style now. Wat?

This is now, and officially, Kevin Ollie’s team. It’s not easy to coach under the shadow of a legend, especially when said legend keeps lurking around behind the bench. Ollie has handled his inheritance of the UConn program with grace and dignity, never complaining about Jim Calhoun’s presence, never failing to compliment Calhoun’s legacy and welcome his insight.

But the page is turned once and for all now. The Huskies, caught in a dangerous season as they try to reassert themselves under Ollie and in a less-established league, have not missed a beat. Ollie has remade the team in his image, clapping and defensive crouching them from the sidelines into a team with more of an NBA style, but with equal success.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Love seeing all the guys, they all look so happy... I loved seeing Rip sitting with Calhoun during the game... does anyone have any video of the jumbotron when they went back and forth between Rip and Cleeves?

Reaction Score
What's up with the "federal prison" poster behind Bazz? What, if they moved him aside there would have been a "This is what a pedophile/terrorist/serial killer looks like" poster?
I think it's an anti gambling poster, there's a sentence that ends in "through a bookie" just above his shoulder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom