New Uniforms? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Uniforms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I thought the new uniforms, including red as a secondary trim color, was part of the cohesive branding across all sports now? Which means Randy doesn't get to design the uniforms anymore.

Randy is incredibly fortunate that anybody deigned to hire him again. He'll be lucky if he can choose the menu for pregame team meals.

Reaction Score
20.jpg

The red stays.

It's not new. It wasn't Diaco. It's been there for a long time.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
IMG_1425.JPG
IMG_1424.JPG
Gray was brought in by Randy. UConn has been using red for a lonnnnnng time. I also feel like Edsall Era1 unis were a lighter or more truer blue than national flag blue??

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I hate the tiny Husky logo on the neck of the uniform. It looks like someone added it as an afterthought when designing the uniforms. If you want the Husky, put it on the shoulders and make it larger so it has significance. I'm also a traditionalist when it comes to uniforms. I hate when it gets changed all the time.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
FWIW, I was a marketing major. The block C was simple, clear, and strong. People remembered it, and that's the #1 goal of marketing: make people remember you (don't be a faceless name in the crowd).

There's lots of "c" teams out there (Colorado, California, Cincinnati). But for a while, we owned the letter "c". Don't underestimate that.

Reaction Score
Not for nothing but recruits want flashy. I don't agree with it but its just the way things are now. Nobody wants boring. Unless your the michigans, bama, ohio state, penn state etc. Look how excited the players get when they show off a new uniform. All the players go crazy for it. Our gray uni's had all the players posting photos all over social media. Whatever gets us recruits lets do it. #bleedblue

Reaction Score
The Block C should be our base uni. It's fine to have the others as alt unis. Like has been said, it's marketing and people still identify the C with Connecticut.

But for the love of all that is good and right, please, please, please buy a shirt and a coat in school colors if you attend games. I don't care if it's team gear or not. The optics are absolutely horrid when watching a game and the camera scans a crowd of green, pink, and yellow attire. I know, I know I'm preaching to the choir here. If you could just tell a friend, get them a blue rain poncho if you have to.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'd wager that the Husky is far more recognizable, than the block C. Regardless, the decision has been made. It might get used on a throwback uni, or as an accessory on the main uni, but I doubt that they'll be more than that.

Reaction Score
I was a huge fan of our jerseys immediately after the rebrand (minus the horrible forward facing husky helmet). They were pretty sleek and didn't look like our new jerseys which resemble a barbasol can. Bring those back with a blue helmet, block C or no block C.

Also I dislike how the rebrand got rid of any letter logo. I know we use the UConn woodmark but it's not the same as a letter logo. Every school has two logos, a letter one and the mascot one. I wouldn't be opposed to the old basketball interlocking 'UC'.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The block "C" is not coming back. The university standardized the logo.

Sub legacy - I like the numbers on the helmet, especially the blue helmet. Don't like the eyes on the front. Have the logo on the other side.

Get rid of the grey uni's. I would rather see black uni's but I'm not sure our blue and white would work with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom