New Uniforms For The Ladies? | The Boneyard

New Uniforms For The Ladies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn and Baylor and six men's teams to wear new Nike uniforms for stretch run.

Uniform.jpg

"...on Mar 2. Connecticut is expected to debut its uniform during the conference tournament."

[LINK]

Reaction Score
I wonder if the shorter shorts is/are a new trend. Maybe A'ja was ahead of the curve?
Uniform_2.jpg

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ho-hum, white shirt that says UConn. I guess the big deal is the design on the side of the shorts and the length of the shorts? Although the Nike logos do get bigger with every iteration of the uniforms. How long until it says Nike across the front and UConn in little letters on the bottom?

Reaction Score
Ho-hum, white shirt that says UConn. I guess the big deal is the design on the side of the shorts and the length of the shorts? Although the Nike logos do get bigger with every iteration of the uniforms. How long until it says Nike across the front and UConn in little letters on the bottom?
Sadly insightful. Touché!

Reaction Score
I'm guessing that the Baylor and UConn shorts shown are not "short" shorts really. Just that they are shorter than the 6 men's team shorts shown to the left of them?
Or, maybe the used Moriah's shorts for the promo. ;)

Reaction Score
I wrote about the trend of basketball shorts getting shorter earlier this season after we played some AAC team with Aussies in the lineup. They had their shorts rolled up, and now A'ja Wilson is sporting that style. Hard to tell if these new shorts are shorter, but I would guess yes. Fashion is cyclical and shorts can't get any longer, so shorter is next. I would also see uniforms fitting closer to the body as well. Frivolous discussion, but hey, why not? Besides, A'ja's shorter shorts made her legs look longer so she appeared taller. Plus everyone noticed.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
they look a little too old school to me. Like something from the 50's (the design of the numbers). If Nike is going to promote it and make a big deal out of it, the uni's should at least look better (or cooler) than the ones we currently have, and IMHO they don't.

Reaction Score
The colors etc on the uniforms are pretty underwhelming but they do seem to have some features like hand wipe areas that players will probably like. I do like the trend of going to a closer-fitting uniform with shorter and less balloony shorts. I don't think they are going towards short-shorts, but I think a bit shorter would look better than some of the knee-length shorts - especially for the smaller players. Of course it does depend upon what size they choose to wear!

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
The colors etc on the uniforms are pretty underwhelming but they do seem to have some features like hand wipe areas that players will probably like. I do like the trend of going to a closer-fitting uniform with shorter and less balloony shorts. I don't think they are going towards short-shorts, but I think a bit shorter would look better than some of the knee-length shorts - especially for the smaller players. Of course it does depend upon what size they choose to wear!
I wrote about the trend of basketball shorts getting shorter earlier this season after we played some AAC team with Aussies in the lineup. They had their shorts rolled up, and now A'ja Wilson is sporting that style. Hard to tell if these new shorts are shorter, but I would guess yes. Fashion is cyclical and shorts can't get any longer, so shorter is next. I would also see uniforms fitting closer to the body as well. Frivolous discussion, but hey, why not? Besides, A'ja's shorter shorts made her legs look longer so she appeared taller. Plus everyone noticed.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Are looks more important than function? Why do volleyball players and track runners wear short shorts? Take 2 athletes of equal speed. Put shorts down to mid-calf on one person, and shorts above the knees on the other. Guess which person will run faster and perform all motion
better.

Reaction Score
Are looks more important than function? Why do volleyball players and track runners wear short shorts? Take 2 athletes of equal speed. Put shorts down to mid-calf on one person, and shorts above the knees on the other. Guess which person will run faster and perform all motion
better.
naked basketball... what channel?

Reaction Score
ha ha, I wondered what was going on there. Several of her team mates had shorts down to their ankles. think some disagree with the short style.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I ...hate... rolled up shorts. I've see it from rec to travel to AAU to HS and now college. So if the kids want them shorter, just buy them that way.

the-old-man-1_zpsdb28912f.jpg

You kids today, you can't appreciate long shorts.... bah!

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
lauren-jackson-womens-basketball-127144.jpg

I really hope this is the "shape" of the direction uniforms will take!!!

Reaction Score
I ...hate... rolled up shorts. I've see it from rec to travel to AAU to HS and now college. So if the kids want them shorter, just buy them that way.

the-old-man-1_zpsdb28912f.jpg

You kids today, you can't appreciate long shorts.... bah!
Judging from what these new uni shorts look like, I that is happening.

Reaction Score
New look for USA basketball?

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-21_10-56-25.png
    upload_2015-2-21_10-56-25.png
    386 KB · Views: 168
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors