New TV deal | The Boneyard

New TV deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Does anyone know the parameters of the new TV deal? I believe it goes into effect this season for football, correct? I believe part of the deal was a certain number of games on ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU and not ESPNNEWS and ESPN3. If this is true I would believe our Boise/UCF/Cincy/SMU games would all be on those networks for sure

Reaction Score
I believe it's 90% of games on non internet broadcast channels.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I would imagine being one of the more notable brands in the AAC most of our games would at least be featured on ESPNU at worst.

The biggest issue I have with the new tv deal is the CBS Sports Network games. No exposure on there and it seems like those games would've been the ones on SNY.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I would imagine being one of the more notable brands in the AAC most of our games would at least be featured on ESPNU at worst.

The biggest issue I have with the new tv deal is the CBS Sports Network games. No exposure on there and it seems like those games would've been the ones on SNY.
Cbs sports network is available in roughly 100,000,000 homes. It's not like they're showing them at your local drive in movies

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
well, I guess I am going to have to buy up... I missed a few basketball games this year that were on the CBS sports channel. Is not not he Uverse plan I have.

Army, I'll be there for that one!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Cbs sports network is available in roughly 100,000,000 homes. It's not like they're showing them at your local drive in movies

It's certainly available to a lot of people, but my understanding is the Fox Sports 1 also was available to a lot of people ( could be wrong on that) and just nobody watched the channel.

As others have said, it's better than ESPN3, but in my opinion, I'd rather watch it on SNY and wish we could've maintained a bigger presence on that channel for our northeast, specifically NYC connection.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
For out of area folks...CBSSN is a much better option than SNY. In Atlanta...Comcast doesn't carry SNY so the games were on Gameplan....which had horrendous picture and audio quality.

CBSSN is HD and easy to find on the channel lineup. I have a standard lineup of channels I check on Saturdays for games and CBSSN is one of them. It has a good location next to ESPN News and BTN.

Now Foxsports 2 on the other hand I haven't found yet in my channel lineup. and FS1 is not near anything and often forgotten.

Bottom line...I think the move from SNY is a good one.

Reaction Score
They may actually do a decent job promoting this game. If we are winning games it will get exposure.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Isn't the Army game on CBSSN because of Army's TV deal?

Reaction Score
I am so happy to be getting away from SNY! I have been a Dish Network customer for years and for the last two years, perhaps longer ,Dish dropped SNY over rights fees. I do have CBSSports in both SD and HD. I have no issue with them or their coverage so the more ways I can watch the better.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
CBSSN is not available in HD on Cox. One of their shortcomings . . .
I agree on this as I can't stand watching the games on the non-HD CBSSN channel on Cox. I'm hoping that Cox picks up the HD aspect of this channel for the upcoming season. Now that UConn is on it, there's no reason it shouldn't be in their package.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Did we ever confirm if ESPN News is part of the tv deal?

ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU with the majority ofgames on the U would be fine given the conference. However if ESPN News is in that bundle I feel a lot worse about it.

Wonder why we just can't get a straight answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom