New Star Wars Trailer | The Boneyard

New Star Wars Trailer

Reaction Score
One, I don't believe I have to wait 8 more months for this to come out. Two, I am really excited because not only will I be able to go, I will be able to take my son with me. That will be special.

Two comments on the trailer. First, any chance that this planet Jakku is actually Endor or nearby planet/moon after the ROTJ? I mean, how many other plants would have a Star Destroyer crashed into it along with what looks to be the back half of a Super Star Destroyer (the ship the Millennium Falcon flies into)? Plus, Vader's helmet was burned in a funeral pyre on Endor and is now (maybe) on Jakku. Too much coincidence. Second, I was stoked to see the Harrison Ford decked out as Han Solo again. Talk about re-living childhood. But, Chewie looks very nervous/wary next to him. Who is on the Falcon with them that has a Wookie jumpy? Could it be Kylo Ren, which would not be good for Han nor Chewie.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Trailer looks good. I don't expect too many surprises out of a JJ Abrams direct Star Wars sequel. Abrams isn't bad, but he is not particularly original either. Star Trek: Into the Darkness was basically a remake of Wrath of Khan with better special effects. Why bother doing that with one of the most surprisingly good science fiction movies of all time?

Reaction Score
Trailer looks good. I don't expect too many surprises out of a JJ Abrams direct Star Wars sequel. Abrams isn't bad, but he is not particularly original either. Star Trek: Into the Darkness was basically a remake of Wrath of Khan with better special effects. Why bother doing that with one of the most surprisingly good science fiction movies of all time?

Well, if the plot of this movie is the same plot that I saw that was leaked on Reddit, then it will be the best Star Wars yet. And based on what I saw in the trailer, it looks like the leaked plot is proving to be pretty accurate.

Disney is criminally effective. Starting next year we're going to get a Star Wars movie once a year. We'll get a Star Wars every other year and a spinoff each year in between.

The first spinoff, Rogue One is going to take place in between Episodes 3 and 4.

Here is a bootleg of the teaser for it that was debuted last week.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
One, I don't believe I have to wait 8 more months for this to come out. Two, I am really excited because not only will I be able to go, I will be able to take my son with me. That will be special.

Two comments on the trailer. First, any chance that this planet Jakku is actually Endor or nearby planet/moon after the ROTJ? I mean, how many other plants would have a Star Destroyer crashed into it along with what looks to be the back half of a Super Star Destroyer (the ship the Millennium Falcon flies into)? Plus, Vader's helmet was burned in a funeral pyre on Endor and is now (maybe) on Jakku. Too much coincidence. Second, I was stoked to see the Harrison Ford decked out as Han Solo again. Talk about re-living childhood. But, Chewie looks very nervous/wary next to him. Who is on the Falcon with them that has a Wookie jumpy? Could it be Kylo Ren, which would not be good for Han nor Chewie.
The amount of nerd in this post brings me endless joy.

I can't wait to erase the memory of Episodes 1-3.

Reaction Score

Based on what I red on Reddit a while back. And I won't give away anything. I wouldn't assume Jakku is Endor.

The new droid, BB-88 when he peeks around the corner, looks like it is on the Millenium Falcon.

Pretty sure that the voice is Luke, but what throws me off is when he says that his "father has it". Forgot the female character's name, but she is being handed Darth Vader's light saber.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Pretty sure that the voice is Luke, but what throws me off is when he says that his "father has it". Forgot the female character's name, but she is being handed Darth Vader's light saber.
It's definitely Hamill doing the voice over. I'm sure the present tense on "my father has it" is just alluding to the fact that people live on as part of the force when they die.

Reaction Score
It's definitely Hamill doing the voice over. I'm sure the present tense on "my father has it" is just alluding to the fact that people live on as part of the force when they die.

I hope that's it. I am just hoping that we aren't subjected to a ghostly Hayden Christianson. Episodes 1-3 are an embarassment. If we see a him, Jar Jar or any allusions to Star Trek. I'm out.

I saw something on twitter, basically said that if he screws up Episode 7 then he will forever be known as Jar Jar Abrams.

Reaction Score

I honestly think the audio is from Return of the Jedi until "you have that power too".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It does look damn good doesn't it?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I hope that's it. I am just hoping that we aren't subjected to a ghostly Hayden Christianson. Episodes 1-3 are an embarassment. If we see a him, Jar Jar or any allusions to Star Trek. I'm out.

I saw something on twitter, basically said that if he screws up Episode 7 then he will forever be known as Jar Jar Abrams.

Hayden Christianson is on the Sofia Coppola list of actors that are so bad that they single handedly took down a good movie. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith are solid movies with Christianson, and would be very good movies without him.

Reaction Score
Hayden Christianson is on the Sofia Coppola list of actors that are so bad that they single handedly took down a good movie. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith are solid movies with Christianson, and would be very good movies without him.

Those movies had bigger problems than just Hayden Christianson. When they are done with the next five movies, disney should redo them and retcon the previous ones out of existence.

mets1090

Reaction Score
Anyone that has not watched the Red Letter Media (Plinkett) reviews of Episodes 1-3 needs to do themselves a favor and do so immediately.

You'll start the review for Episode 1 and say "There's no way I'm watching a 70 minute review" but trust me (part 1 below). At this point I actually think that The Phantom Menace is a net positive because the review is so entertaining. The reviews of Episode 2 and 3 also dispel the myth that those 2 movies aren't that bad. They are actually quite bad.

I look at Episode 7 and think there are two options:

(1) It can be awesome. This would be awesome.
(2) It can be disappointing/terrible. The Plinkett review would be awesome. This would be less awesome but still good.

Reaction Score
mets1090 said:
Anyone that has not watched the Red Letter Media (Plinkett) reviews of Episodes 1-3 needs to do themselves a favor and do so immediately. You'll start the review for Episode 1 and say "There's no way I'm watching a 70 minute review" but trust me (part 1 below). At this point I actually think that The Phantom Menace is a net positive because the review is so entertaining. The reviews of Episode 2 and 3 also dispel the myth that those 2 movies aren't that bad. They are actually quite bad. v=FxKtZmQgxrI"]YouTube Video[/URL]

Episode II is the worst of the bunch by a wide margin.

Episode I is probably the truest to the original 3, but was ruined by (1) the stupid pod race, and (2) Jar Jar.

Reaction Score

Remind why Ryan Phillippe wasn't selected to play Anakin as I remember him being listed as a finalist?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is not totally excited by these movies? I'm a die hard Star Wars fan and am excited when I see these trailers but I read the majority of the books written that continued the series after ROTJ and I am not pleased that they want to now change the timeline in an "alternate timeline" type move. If anyone hasn't read the books, do yourself a favor and read some. The Rogue Squadron series is fantastic as Wedge is one of my favorite minor characters and he's the main character of this series.

I also can't wrap my mind yet around having an ancient Han Solo and Luke and Leia.

My verdict is still out on this path. Maybe because I feel completely burned by the Prequel movies and how awful they were. Maybe because my inner Star Wars nerd can't change the book story path and all the development that went into that whole trend. It's hard for me to now form a different story line in my mind after I know all that happens to Han, Leia, Luke, etc based on the books timeline.

I'll be there opening weekend, maybe opening night if it's not on Christmas Day, but I'm tempering my expectations. :(

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I read one and a half of the Timothy Zahn trilogy books, don't remember much about them and they must not have been interesting enough to hold my attention since I never finished them. I'm going to try to set my expectation level to match that of the Star Trek reboot that JJ did, although I expect Episode VII to keep more of the aesthetic of the original SW trilogy. Although I liked the Trek reboot, I hope the script for Force Awakens doesn't fall into the Save the Cat formula / structure that seems to be impossible to get away from these days.

On another note... I wish we could see Topher Grace's edit of the prequel trilogy, though somebody posted a 2 hour edit based on the description, not sure how close it matches up. I haven't watched it yet but maybe I'll get around to it eventually...

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who is not totally excited by these movies? I'm a die hard Star Wars fan and am excited when I see these trailers but I read the majority of the books written that continued the series after ROTJ and I am not pleased that they want to now change the timeline in an "alternate timeline" type move. If anyone hasn't read the books, do yourself a favor and read some. The Rogue Squadron series is fantastic as Wedge is one of my favorite minor characters and he's the main character of this series.

I also can't wrap my mind yet around having an ancient Han Solo and Luke and Leia.

My verdict is still out on this path. Maybe because I feel completely burned by the Prequel movies and how awful they were. Maybe because my inner Star Wars nerd can't change the book story path and all the development that went into that whole trend. It's hard for me to now form a different story line in my mind after I know all that happens to Han, Leia, Luke, etc based on the books timeline.

I'll be there opening weekend, maybe opening night if it's not on Christmas Day, but I'm tempering my expectations. :(

I will be upset if some form is Mara Jade is not in the new movies. I wish Lucas/Disney kept the 5 books by Zahn, the Rouge Squadron series, and I Jedi (Coran Horn is my third favorite AU character after Jade and Wedge). The rest I can live without and would still give a lot of flexibility for storylines for the 3+ new movies. Ah, well.

Reaction Score
I am cautiously optimistic about this movie. Both trailers looked very good. I just want to know how much the movie will focus on Luke, Han, and Leia. I think this next trilogy could be a lot better than episodes 1-3 because of the presence of Luke, Han, Leia. Thats something that the prequel trilogy missed.

Reaction Score

I've only read half of one Star Wars book. "Heir to the Empire". But the guy who wrote the "Rogue Squadron" books (Michael Stackpole) is really good. I read some of his books as a guilty pleasure in another series and I enjoyed them.

I can understand why they have departed from the timeline in the books, but it looks like they are cherry picking some of the characters.

Reaction Score
I will be upset if some form is Mara Jade is not in the new movies. I wish Lucas/Disney kept the 5 books by Zahn, the Rouge Squadron series, and I Jedi (Coran Horn is my third favorite AU character after Jade and Wedge). The rest I can live without and would still give a lot of flexibility for storylines for the 3+ new movies. Ah, well.

I think I, Jedi was another Stackpole book. I don't know why, but "Heir to the Empire" couldn't hold my interest.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom