New recruiting target for 2017: Lexi Gordon | Page 6 | The Boneyard

New recruiting target for 2017: Lexi Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
It's UConn, Baylor, Texas, or TCU, and I think the odds of TCU are slim.
I think it's going to be TCU or UConn. Both parents played hoops for TCU, and she has visited unofficially many times. The weekend she visited UConn was the same weekend when Baylor played at Texas; IMO, she would not have missed that huge matchup in person if either of those teams were here favorite with DFW only being a 3 hour drive from Austin.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Felt good about Cox and A"ja Wilson too. Both had great visits. I can say she'd (they'd) be a good fit.

Cox and Wilson took a lot of time to decide. It seems like kids who sign with UConn usually decide relatively early.

Gordon is deciding in February without even waiting to take an official visit. That screams UConn to me.

Reaction Score
Cox and Wilson took a lot of time to decide. It seems like kids who sign with UConn usually decide relatively early.

Gordon is deciding in February without even waiting to take an official visit. That screams UConn to me.
I too am very optimistic. She came all the way from Texas at her own expense to make an unofficial visit and was very pleased with that visit.

Reaction Score
I'm sure I'm just trying to remain optimistic, but there is a very logical place for her at UConn, sliding in as "shooting guard" next to Chrystal. Kia would be a senior, so it's a pretty perfect situation for her to grow into. (Gabby would also be a senior, and we can't be sure that Gabby won't show up next fall with a terrific outside shot--she seems able to improve on anything she sets her mind to.)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

I like that kind of screaming.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
From Jim Fuller's interview:

"They played a really good game (against Temple on Jan. 16), Lou (Katie Lou Samuelson) and Stewie (Breanna Srewart) played incredible that day and you could tell that the kids love each other because even on the bench with their teammates, I know they were having fun. Just I know that I will have to work harder than ever and Coach Auriemma would put me in the position where I wanted to be when I get older. I want to be a sports broadcaster and ESPN is right up the street so that is a good resource to have right around the corner. It was just a really good environment to be in."

Lexi may choose to stay closer to home or to go where her parents did, but UConn obviously has a lot of pull for her. Hoping!!!

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I think it's going to be TCU or UConn. Both parents played hoops for TCU, and she has visited unofficially many times.

True, but how many highly rated kids would go to TCU over those other schools on that list? Lauren Cox' mom went to SMU and Lauren had the Mustangs on her list until the last 10 or so. It would just be pretty shocking to me.

Reaction Score
How's that working out so far?
pretty well, actually, in that a number of great kids are going elsewhere, I suspect at least partially for this reason. Your point is right, that they haven't succeed...so far...

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Lexi also has a younger sister who plays hoops with her at LD Bell, I believe (perhaps 2 years younger?). Perhaps that plays a role in her decision, as well.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lexi also has a younger sister who plays hoops with her at LD Bell, I believe (perhaps 2 years younger?). Perhaps that plays a role in her decision, as well.

If you mean Myra she's a 2020. Not sure how she would impact Lexi's decision.

Reaction Score
True, but how many highly rated kids would go to TCU over those other schools on that list? Lauren Cox' mom went to SMU and Lauren had the Mustangs on her list until the last 10 or so. It would just be pretty shocking to me.
Amber Ramirez (2016) is going to TCU.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Amber Ramirez (2016) is going to TCU.

Ramirez originally gave a verbal to Oklahoma State. After changing her mind, her school choices came down to TCU and Texas Tech. Why there were no "power" schools I don't know, but that decision is different than choosing TCU over Baylor, Texas, and UConn.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I hope she decides to become a Husky. She seems like a quality player and human being. But if the news doesn't break our way, I hope we will comport ourselves appropriately.

Reaction Score
pretty well, actually, in that a number of great kids are going elsewhere, I suspect at least partially for this reason. Your point is right, that they haven't succeed...so far...
Give me a number on your number of great kids. Seems the Husky have done awesome in the last few years. They (we) have gotten top quality. Gabby,KSL, NC and soon to be CD! I understand. If I were an opposing coach I would use that "build your own legacy or start something special" approach also. Problem is only the Irish have had semi success recently. Word on the street is Dawn used that line to perfection on Aja.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Word on the street is Dawn used that line to perfection on Aja.
Seldom is the word on the street correct and definitely not in this case. The Wilson's were very methodical about their approach to the recruiting process (rightfully so) going as far as to keep detail spreed sheets with + and - for each school. At the end of the day and all things being close to equal A'Ja did what you are refusing to believe could happen. She chose South Carolina over UCONN because that was home and where her heart led her. Crazy that someone would say no to UCONN isn't it?

Reaction Score
She was on the UCONN radar very briefly until other Point guards (Durr, Nurse, Dangerfield) emerged.
“One thing they have that not a lot of others have is that winning tradition,” Roscoe Wilson said. “They got eight national championships. That’s what she has to decide — does she want to be a part of that or create her own legacy?” I will assume Dawn played to that reference. I would have.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/sports/high-school/article13827155.html#storylink=cpy
Sorry I was incorrect. It was a statement made by her father reference "legacy"
And yes God forbid any recruit turn down my huskies

Reaction Score
Lexi to Uconn is trending. She should add dept to the front court in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom