New QB Target for 2015? | The Boneyard

New QB Target for 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks more and more like we'll be moving to a read option offense.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
I could be wrong but Garrett is PRO style QB and not a DT...

Reaction Score
The fact that he can scramble for his life makes him tailor made for our offensive line.

(Sorry I couldn't resist.):)

First thing I thought too!

Reaction Score
This kid could be an answer to my/our collective prayers at the QB spot. We badly need another body at the position just in case of injury. We're two hits away from taking the red shirt off a true freshman. Plus he looks like he could compete to start right away. I'm glad the staff continues to try and find another guy. There has to be a guy out there that can help.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
If we get him do we try to redshirt Davis?

Reaction Score
This kid could be an answer to my/our collective prayers at the QB spot. We badly need another body at the position just in case of injury. We're two hits away from taking the red shirt off a true freshman. Plus he looks like he could compete to start right away. I'm glad the staff continues to try and find another guy. There has to be a guy out there that can help.

From John Silver:
>>* UConn has targeted quarterback Garrett Anderson from Laney College in Oakland, Calif. Anderson was on campus and at practice on Saturday for the Huskies. The Huskies are short in depth at quarterback and have Tom Boyle, Bryant Shirreffs and Tyler Davis in camp. Anderson played at Laney this past season and was a backup. Anderson is 6-2, 225-pounds and is a running style quarterback who reportedly runs a 4.7 40.<<

Reaction Score
It's refreshing to see a QB who could throw on the run like this kid...very nice!

Reaction Score
Did I read that right, from Silver, .... he was a backup at Laney College?
Both kids could have been better than the guys on our roster, but beyond that, we need a body at the position that could come in and compete for the spot. Simply put, going into the season with three scholarship QBs one of which is a true freshman, is a disaster waiting to happen.

Reaction Score
Both kids could have been better than the guys on our roster, but beyond that, we need a body at the position that could come in and compete for the spot. Simply put, going into the season with three scholarship QBs one of which is a true freshman, is a disaster waiting to happen.
Right. I doubt he is being brought in with the thought that he will win the job but A. we need another guy and B. he isn't going anywhere if he doesn't start, and finally C. given who we've had under center, how bad can he be?

Reaction Score
The fact that he can scramble for his life makes him tailor made for our offensive line.

(Sorry I couldn't resist.):)

I thought the same exact thing too. Looks like deleone got ahold of that Oline... Looks like Diaco's going for a QB who's use to relentless pressure... Every play he's avoiding 2-3 defenders breaking through the line. Goes to show the faith they have in the Oline solidifying in the near future. Not sure what to expect with this one.. 50% completion rating... Seems like Whitmer 2.0

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The way I see it, we need bodies at the QB position. Boyle has an injury history and Davis needs to have his RS protected.

Reaction Score
Stairmaster said:
The way I see it, we need bodies at the QB position. Boyle has an injury history and Davis needs to have his RS protected.

We absolutely need another qb this year. Davis needs to have time to develop, we can't count on Boyle after last two seasons, and Scherrifs is an unknown at this point.

Reaction Score
We need ANOTHER SCHOLLY QB....plain and simple. We've under recruited the position over the last few years. With the attrition that went on its inexcusable how we've recruited the position. If anybody thinks us having walkonS on the depth chart anywhere higher than 5th is ok they're delusional...

Reaction Score
Right. I doubt he is being brought in with the thought that he will win the job but A. we need another guy and B. he isn't going anywhere if he doesn't start, and finally C. given who we've had under center, how bad can he be?
Honestly, IMO, it's a doggone shame your points are valid the way we've recruited the QB position. Makes me hope we can strike lightning in a bottle with P5 QB transfer. We gotta turn the corner at this position. We peaked 11 years ago with Dan O, when he was a SR.

Reaction Score
So we're recruiting a backup JUCO QB and Diaco was pleased that Davis didn't go into a corner and suck his thumb during the first practice.

Not that I disagree with bringing in another QB (nor am I saying he can't be really good), but this does not instill confidence.

Reaction Score
So we're recruiting a backup JUCO QB and Diaco was pleased that Davis didn't go into a corner and suck his thumb during the first practice.

Not that I disagree with bringing in another QB (nor am I saying he can't be really good), but this does not instill confidence.
This, exactly. The entire recruiting season I don't recall hearing about us going hard after a 2nd QB, so weeks after signing day we are pursuing the back up to the guy who signed with UNLV. He may end up being great, I hope he is if he ends up signing with us, but some of the decisions/actions coming from HCBD are head scratchers. I feel like we've got Mayor DiBlasio as a head coach, where almost every action/decision he makes leaves you shaking your head.

Reaction Score

Lagow started sucking his thumb before even he got here. Many thought Boyle was a second coming.

Reaction Score
Since Dan O, no QB at UConn has been as highly skilled in energy, athleticism, and leadership.

That is not to say any of the coaches weren't trying, but we've all beat to death the concept of how difficult it is to recruit "highly recognized players" at any position to UConn. And if I was an opposing coach competing for a prized QB recruit with any of the present and/or former UConn coaches my arguments to persuade a recruit from going to UConn is (1) they want to be a run first offense (2) their offensive schemes are a little better than FCS (3) they can barely beat FCS teams (4) the fans are bored with their style of play and don't go to games (5) you play in a minor league conference (6) OOC teams stink

I won't blame any of the present/past coaches for their inability to recruit a dynamic QB....or any QB. They've had to have been trying........just too many easy arguments against the program.

HCBD comments are very immature. What parent would like their son to play for a coach whose best compliment about them on their first day of college practice was "he wasn't in a corner sucking his thumb or crying"

Talks about kids showing leadership and energy? Comments like that will drain my batteries.

Reaction Score
The more the merrier. Competition is a good thing. And if you don't produce, next man up. The better our chances of finding a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom