New Pod: Checking in With Alex Karaban | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Pod: Checking in With Alex Karaban

Reaction Score
I wish he was ready to play in the NBA but he's not. Even if he's not ready I would help push him out the door if he was a first round pick.
Based on Hurleys interview with Katz, sounds like if AK is a first rounder he’s gone, but if a second should come back.

Reaction Score
Based on Hurleys interview with Katz, sounds like if AK is a first rounder he’s gone, but if a second should come back.

Sanogo and AJJ left early last season despite not being consensus first round picks. Publicly at least Hurley was very supportive of their decisions. I wonder if the "AK is only leaving if he's a first rounder" comes from AK himself.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Sanogo and AJJ left early last season despite not being consensus first round picks. Publicly at least Hurley was very supportive of their decisions. I wonder if the "AK is only leaving if he's a first rounder" comes from AK himself.
AJJ did have some assurance of some guaranteed money which is probably close enough. I think Hurley recently said something about how being on a two way contract is worse than staying in college and collecting NIL, but I can't find the interview now.

Keep in mind that with Sanogo not being from America he didn't have the NIL opportunities that someone like Karaban does, so the financial equation was very different for him.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
AJJ did have some assurance of some guaranteed money which is probably close enough. I think Hurley recently said something about how being on a two way contract is worse than staying in college and collecting NIL, but I can't find the interview now.

Keep in mind that with Sanogo not being from America he didn't have the NIL opportunities that someone like Karaban does, so the financial equation was very different for him.
From a personal enjoyment perspective it is hard for me to believe that any of Jordan, Ajax and Adama enjoy last season more than they would have at UConn. $ isn’t everything, particularly when you can now make a handsome sum to remain in college.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom