New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn | Page 5 | The Boneyard

New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn

Reaction Score

Is it s spread or a spread offense with a zone read? The spread used to be like a hurry up 2 minute drill with mostly passing.

Those spread/zone read type offenses are now designed to run first out of what looks like a passing formation.

We need a high FBIQ QB to run it. We shall see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
known
Lashlee has been tied to Malzahn since he was a hs qb. While OC in title, Malzahn made all the calls and even though supposedly giving up play calling part way into the season, Auburn fans say his fingerprints were still all over the offense.

Timing was good for Lashlee to get out (or as some suspect, shown the door) as Malzahn's seat is a little hot and he could be gone if they have a bad year next season.

Lashlee now gets to be a true OC, gets out from Malzahn's shadow and if successful, will get a chance to be a HC which is what he wants.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Is it s spread or a spread offense with a zone read? The spread used to be like a hurry up 2 minute drill with mostly passing.

Those spread/zone read type offenses are now are designed to run first out of what looks like a passing formation.

#ArkeelFor1200Yards

Reaction Score

Those spread/zone read type offenses are now are designed to run first out of what looks like a passing formation.

actually, no. they're typically one or two read offenses. HS QBs have no issue running it

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Maybe not three years but 5-7. There's also a 0% chance he accepted the offer unless he has complete control over the offense and play calling.

Apparently, Gus Malzahn was still treating Lashlee like a GA and there was much friction. Auburn fans claiming he was told to look elsewhere, but many others saying he was desperate to leave and have autonomy. Auburn was 1-2 with the Gus Bus calling plays, and 7-3 under Lashlee.

Reaction Score
Competent coaching. Some growing pains at first but wow a great move. Lets get some quality blockers out there and move the chains boyz!!!

Actually with this type of quality coaching and a presumed uptick on the recruiting front (make mental note they were ranked 111 in the country before HCRE was hired) it really won't take too much to make a nice move in this conference. If they can grab a 5th yr senior QB and another transfer or two they can be real good, real quick! I like it!

Reaction Score
Wow! Just heard this in after the Uconn basketball game in cbssports. This is great news for the football team! How did this happen? Lol!

Reaction Score
This is exactly what I thought of when this hire was announced. Love it!

Don't forget Dave Benedict came to UConn from Auburn, he obviously went back to the well.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
I read that Auburn may have been talking to Art Briles as OC. Who knows maybe this was in the works. The bar is pretty high in the SEC West.
So Benedict finds out because of connections and
makes a deal with Lashlee. He has an opportunity to take UCONN's offense from last to ??? Welcome aboard Rhett !

I'm hearing Auburn wants Sonny Dykes (fired as Cal HC), but I have no doubt they would take Art Briles. Auburn will do ANYTHING to get one up on Bama.

Reaction Score
So some quick things to add to this. We will have a lot of senior starters in 2017 on both sides of the ball. Until the bottom fell out after 8 games, while wins and losses didn't show it the team was slowly improving from 2015. The point is, if we have a QB next fall getting back to 6 or 7 wins is doable. There may be some rebuilding to do after that, starting with the '18 season, as Diaco's recruits become the upperclassmen.

Reaction Score
Well judging by his Auburn offenses, it will still be run run. They'll just probably be going forward.
Maybe that is why he left? Perhaps, as conspiracy kitty, likes to say, he wanted to air it out and was held back. Now he has free reign at UConn. Hmmm? This is great.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
LOL, he would actually probably do a good job in that spot, provided they gave him a muzzle, and as a bonus we wouldn't have to pay him after his crazy buyout! I crack myself up, sometimes.

NO. I HATED his soft ass defense. Playing 8 yards off inside the 10 is reprehensible

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lashlee has been tied to Malzahn since he was a hs qb. While OC in title, Malzahn made all the calls and even though supposedly giving up play calling part way into the season, Auburn fans say his fingerprints were still all over the offense.

Timing was good for Lashlee to get out (or as some suspect, shown the door) as Malzahn's seat is a little hot and he could be gone if they have a bad year next season.

Lashlee now gets to be a true OC, gets out from Malzahn's shadow and if successful, will get a chance to be a HC which is what he wants.

That's the word on the street.

1. Lashlee needs to spread his wings to show what he can do apart from Malzahn.

2. Gus is a bit on hot seat and may be looking for work next year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom