New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn

Reaction Score
Impressive. A 250K pay cut, too? I knew this state has a future in tourism.

I hope we put some unreasonable buyout in his contract.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If they followed this with randomly flipping Tarik Black from Michigan, I would weep inconsolably for five months straight.

But seriously, Dave Benedict needs to do a Gronk-spike and take a bow for this one, and I'm not even a Pats fan.

Reaction Score
AU Today: Rhett Lashlee leaving Auburn to become offensive coordinator at UConn

>>“It’s probably one of the hardest decisions I’ve made, definitely in my professional career,” Lashlee told Auburn's official athletics website. “The opportunity to work for Randy Edsall, who has had success at a high level and success at UConn, and just have the opportunity to run the offense, that’s something he’s given me to do. I’m grateful for that."<<

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I seriously hope our Horde can cover this story with excellence because this is still a head scratcher to me. Huge pay cut and he already was running a SEC offense.

This should be good reading.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
A very insightful article from an Auburn blog with thoughts on why Rhett made the move.
Auburn Offensive Coordinator Rhett Lashlee Hired as UConn Offensive Coordinator
Ahh, now the move makes more sense. There was some obvious tension between Lashlee and Malzahn and the young buck wanted a chance to get out from under the older man's shadow and show what he could do on his own. A familiar story. And AD Dave must have known about it before heading to UConn. He just kept it in his back pocket, just in case. Still, it's a gutsy move for Lashlee and his young family taking the $250k haircut. But with young kids he maybe figured, if not now, when would be a better time to take the chance?

Reaction Score
Awesome, now its time to get to work we need to finally score.

Reaction Score
What a job by Benedict! He really does think ahead! Remember after he fired Diaco, he said he had a big sales job ahead of him? Most were thinking he meant he had to sell the the next head coach, but maybe he already had Edsall on board and really meant...Rhett Lashlee?
This is exactly what I thought of when this hire was announced. Love it!

Reaction Score
Competent coaching. Some growing pains at first but wow a great move. Lets get some quality blockers out there and move the chains boyz!!!

Reaction Score
DC Bob Diaco.

LOL, he would actually probably do a good job in that spot, provided they gave him a muzzle, and as a bonus we wouldn't have to pay him after his crazy buyout! I crack myself up, sometimes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom