New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn | Page 3 | The Boneyard

New Offensive Coordinator! Rhett Lashlee of Auburn

Reaction Score
The only thing I can think of is that AD Dave and Randy agreed to hand the head coaching keys to Rhett if he turned the program around and met certain performance metrics by the end of his 3 year OC contract. What else could it be? Serious question.

Do you have me on ignore? :)

Reaction Score
The only thing I can think of is that AD Dave and Randy agreed to hand the head coaching keys to Rhett if he turned the program around and met certain performance metrics by the end of his 3 year OC contract. What else could it be? Serious question.
Maybe not three years but 5-7. There's also a 0% chance he accepted the offer unless he has complete control over the offense and play calling.

Reaction Score
At the very least, Lashlee brings in a SEC mindset, and an offense that was competitive in the SEC. I think we can all expect something different,

Reaction Score
I take back being upset with the Edsall hire. To me it looked like a weak hire of just trying to recapture what we had in the past. I saw it as a boring and unimaginative hire and was hoping for better from Benedict. Well we just got it, Benedict clearly had a plan. Edsall is an adult who knows how to run a program and Lashlee will be in charge of the offense. We just got a young guy who is held in high esteem to leave Auburn to take the same job at UConn and he's our coach in waiting. This is absolutely fantastic news. We are trending right now.

Reaction Score
At the very least, Lashlee brings in a SEC mindset, and an offense that was competitive in the SEC. I think we can all expect something different,
You mean no more Run Run I can't get up game over I forgot it was only 3rd down? Different than that?

Reaction Score
You mean no more Run Run I can't get up game over I forgot it was only 3rd down? Different than that?
I am excited. This is the biggest thing to happen to UConn football IMO.

Reaction Score
Well judging by his Auburn offenses, it will still be run run. They'll just probably be going forward.
Well he ran ran his way into a top-40 offense four straight years. I doubt we'll be seeing run straight, run straight, derp, punt anymore.

Reaction Score
What a job by Benedict! He really does think ahead! Remember after he fired Diaco, he said he had a big sales job ahead of him? Most were thinking he meant he had to sell the the next head coach, but maybe he already had Edsall on board and really meant...Rhett Lashlee?

Reaction Score
Serious question: I know Auburn had a (relative) down year this year but Lashlee was a Broyles finalist a couple years ago and is a pretty big name for an assistant. How the ____ did this happen?

I read that Auburn may have been talking to Art Briles as OC. Who knows maybe this was in the works. The bar is pretty high in the SEC West.
So Benedict finds out because of connections and
makes a deal with Lashlee. He has an opportunity to take UCONN's offense from last to ??? Welcome aboard Rhett !

Reaction Score
You mean other than the actual football accomplishments?
Those accomplishments feel like a decade ago at this point. This is one of the more exciting things to happen in sometime. I know many around here are quite excited.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom