New OC Frank Verducci | The Boneyard

New OC Frank Verducci

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Don't know much about him. No issues with his resume. Just have to hope it works out. Sounds like he may have some Jersey roots.

Reaction Score
Frank Verducci, Northern Iowa TE/OL Coach - 2014 Bio

"(Frank) Verducci, a 1980 graduate of Seton Hall University, has been coaching since 1984 and was with the Montreal Alouettes in the Canadian Football League last season. He served as the offensive line coach for the Alouettes, helping the team to the Eastern Division Semi-Finals and a No. 1 ranking in pass protection in the CFL.

Verducci has coached in the Big Ten, SEC and in the NFL under four Hall of Fame head coaches including Dick Lebeau, Bobby Ross, Jerry Claiborne and Hayden Fry. Prior to entering the NFL coaching world, Verducci coached at the University of Iowa under former head coach Hayden Fry from 1989-1998. He coached in eight bowl games, including two Rose Bowls during his time at Iowa.

etc. ...
"

Before joining Northern Iowa in 2014 as Tight End/Offensive Line coach, Frank Verducci was the Montreal Alouette's OL coach in the CFL 2013 season. In 2012, it appears to have been a football coaching gap year for Verducci. In 2011, Verducci was OL coach for the Florida Gators. Before joining Florida, Verducci was some kind of pro personnel assistant/scout with the Rams in 2010 and was offensive line coach for a season in 2009 for Notre Dame under head coach Charlie Weis.

Last edited:

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
"A closer look at some key eye-catching stats outside of 31 years experience Diaco obviously saw that could help: the Northern Iowa offense led the FCS in red zone scoring at 98 percent. "

This is very welcome news...I had almost forgotten what red zone scoring felt like.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Carl will be happy - he has the Hayden Fry tree in him -
I dont know much about him - actually never heard of him. Resume is somewhat impressive and look - he coached in the CFL as well - Canadian connections.

Wish him the best.

Reaction Score
Any stat geeks have a clue as to how his offenses performed? Seems HCBD is really focused on OL and TE's. Not sexy but I'll be happy with a competent guy that Coach trusts to steer the ship on offense.

Reaction Score
Carl will be happy - he has the Hayden Fry tree in him -
I dont know much about him - actually never heard of him. Resume is somewhat impressive and look - he coached in the CFL as well - Canadian connections.

Wish him the best.

CFL is kind of a wide open league fwiw.

Reaction Score
New OC, and juggling of existing offensive coaching staff roles ...

"With Verducci coming there has been a shift among the staff, too. Wayne Lineburg, who coached receivers and special teams last year will coach the quarterbacks. Don Patterson who coached quarterbacks will move tight ends and David Corley who coached running backs will move to receivers and special teams coordinator."

Reaction Score
Any stat geeks have a clue as to how his offenses performed? Seems HCBD is really focused on OL and TE's. Not s e xy but I'll be happy with a competent guy that Coach trusts to steer the ship on offense.

Well the one thing of concern is that he never apparently had "his" offense. I don't see anything that indicates he's ever called plays. Someone feel free to correct me. (Please do)

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Interesting his history is slanted towards running the ball.

I know I am in the minority when I say 'GOOD'.
If I remember correctly that National Championship team ran the ball like 63 times in that game for 296 and beat the wide open offense team.

Sure - stats can be skewed for either persons arguement - I believe in running the ball.

Reaction Score
New OC, and juggling of existing offensive coaching staff roles ...

"With Verducci coming there has been a shift among the staff, too. Wayne Lineburg, who coached receivers and special teams last year will coach the quarterbacks. Don Patterson who coached quarterbacks will move tight ends and David Corley who coached running backs will move to receivers and special teams coordinator."

I'm just curious as to why if you're bringing in a new OC you don't hold off on a lot of shuffling until he has a chance to give some feedback on that. We've seen a lot of shuffling the deck in all areas over the last year. Hope it settles down soon.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
The passing game definitely needs improvement. But IMO RJ and Arkeel are the offensive players who showed the most potential last year. Having a guy like Verducci to coach them up and work them into an offense well suited to them could pay off.

Reaction Score
I remember this guy. Used to write for sports illustrated no?

Reaction Score
I agree. I think Rentschler forces you to make the running game a priority.

Well the early season tends to be fairly mild and we also have a few warm weather destinations sprinkled in (USF was an anomaly last year) so how many games are really played in frigid windy conditions? I vote for good blocking and keeping the opponent off balance.

mikedog10

Tailgating Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Looks like Frank is a Seton Hall alum. Not that it means anything on this board, but I've always had a soft spot for the Pirates. Welcome to Uconn Frank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom