New NCAA eligibility standards | The Boneyard

New NCAA eligibility standards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Interesting. This is will have a much bigger impact in hoops. The Squid cannot be thrilled. True frosh rarely see the field here anyway, so I think this has minimal impact on us. Some of the SEC schools may need to wait a full year before putting some of their 5 star studs on the field. Good.

Reaction Score
uconn already has strong academic requirements, no biggie for us when it comes to admissions. Not surprising in the least that SEC was pushing for 'academic' redshirt criteria to go along with the more stringent NCAA eligibility requirements.

Also reinforces the importance of open, and solid lines of communication between university staff and high school administrators, coaches and guidance counselors since direct contact with recruits is so limited, and only comes later in their high school careers. These regulations start affecting 13-14 year old kids going into high school in the fall, that won't have contact with coaches for 2 years or more from now.

Reaction Score
Interesting. This is will have a much bigger impact in hoops. The Squid cannot be thrilled. True frosh rarely see the field here anyway, so I think this has minimal impact on us. Some of the SEC schools may need to wait a full year before putting some of their 5 star studs on the field. Good.

Agreed, basketball will be affected the most by this. Those kids that can play ball, but might not be great in the classroom are going to need some strong academic support systems. to get eligible.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
why didn't they put this in place retroactively starting 2moro????????// becuase they didn't want to hurt the kids and so they start clean with hs frosh this fall. makes alot of sense. they also just lost the uconn battle in court for our apr punishment. TAKE THEM TO COURT NOW! Our roster plus 1 more big man for minutes and boards can make the ncaat just to poop in ther eface.

Reaction Score
Agreed, basketball will be affected the most by this. Those kids that can play ball, but might not be great in the classroom are going to need some strong academic support systems. to get eligible.
I agree that this will be most felt for basketball. It will be interesting to see what happens when the first high school all american who can't qualify for the NBA DRAFT and can't meet these requirements...you will hear lots of whining about that...This, by the way, is one thing that the NCAA should have done years ago.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
This rule hurts the Temple's, BSU's and Memphis's of the world - schools who take the kids that didn't qualify for UConn, Cuse, BC, PCU etc. Ironically, the three schools I named are all in the BE now anyway and would have to meet BE standards anyway.

pj

Reaction Score
I never understood why partial qualifiers went away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom